• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Colossians 3:15-17

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Hello everyone, many of us will be celebrating Thanksgiving day. 

Many of us have Traditions they we love practicing, and favorite food we enjoy eating this season.

Some of mine personally are being with my family for a nice dinner and going around the table as each one tells of something they are thankful for. It's a wonderful time of fellowship and laughter that I enjoy very much. I also enjoy my favorite foods, Turkey, potato salad and of course pumpkin pie.

But through all of the wonderful times and delicious food, the question is:

"What does Thanksgiving mean to you?"

My meaning of Thanksgiving is (of course) being Thankful, but also freedom.

I have been blessed by being born in America. Though I may disagree with much that goes on in America, I also know that I am so grateful for my country.

Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful to  almighty God for all things great and small. But also to reflect on the freedom I have in my beautiful country and my Christ filled heart and life. Thanksgiving is a day of honoring God for his abundant blessing, his amazing love and for who he is.As well as all that I have as his child through Christ.

Those of us who God ordained to be born in America have freedom like no other. Our constitution gives us so much freedom:

Freedom of speech, religion and the press. 

FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY

FREEDOM OF PETITION

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms.

NO-QUARTERING" RIGHT

THE RIGHT TO EQUAL JUSTICE

THE RIGHT TO OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY

We also have the right to enjoy other freedoms:

1. Freedom to live or travel anywhere in our nation
  2. Freedom to work at any job for which we can qualify
  3. Freedom to marry and raise a family
  4. Freedom to receive a free education in good public schools
  5. Freedom to join a political party, a union, and other legal groups

This is just some of our freedoms here in America, we as Christians are equally free in Christ:

2 Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.(Freedom)

John 8:36 - If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Galatians 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Galatians 5:1-26 - Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

These are just a few verses to show our freedom in Christ. If you are celebrating Thanksgiving, may you reflect on these things and be thankfulness FREEDOM.

Please share your views, or perhaps you would like to share a tradition or one of your favorite foods.

May you be blessed and bless others this season.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,231
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,356
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 11/13/2019 at 5:17 AM, Revlori said:

Colossians 3:15-17

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Hello everyone, many of us will be celebrating Thanksgiving day. 

Many of us have Traditions they we love practicing, and favorite food we enjoy eating this season.

Some of mine personally are being with my family for a nice dinner and going around the table as each one tells of something they are thankful for. It's a wonderful time of fellowship and laughter that I enjoy very much. I also enjoy my favorite foods, Turkey, potato salad and of course pumpkin pie.

But through all of the wonderful times and delicious food, the question is:

"What does Thanksgiving mean to you?"

My meaning of Thanksgiving is (of course) being Thankful, but also freedom.

I have been blessed by being born in America. Though I may disagree with much that goes on in America, I also know that I am so grateful for my country.

Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful to  almighty God for all things great and small. But also to reflect on the freedom I have in my beautiful country and my Christ filled heart and life. Thanksgiving is a day of honoring God for his abundant blessing, his amazing love and for who he is.As well as all that I have as his child through Christ.

Those of us who God ordained to be born in America have freedom like no other. Our constitution gives us so much freedom:

Freedom of speech, religion and the press. 

FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY

FREEDOM OF PETITION

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms.

NO-QUARTERING" RIGHT

THE RIGHT TO EQUAL JUSTICE

THE RIGHT TO OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY

We also have the right to enjoy other freedoms:

1. Freedom to live or travel anywhere in our nation
  2. Freedom to work at any job for which we can qualify
  3. Freedom to marry and raise a family
  4. Freedom to receive a free education in good public schools
  5. Freedom to join a political party, a union, and other legal groups

This is just some of our freedoms here in America, we as Christians are equally free in Christ:

2 Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.(Freedom)

John 8:36 - If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Galatians 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Galatians 5:1-26 - Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

These are just a few verses to show our freedom in Christ. If you are celebrating Thanksgiving, may you reflect on these things and be thankfulness FREEDOM.

Please share your views, or perhaps you would like to share a tradition or one of your favorite foods.

May you be blessed and bless others this season.

Amen Revlori, Praise the Lord!  and how are you all ? well,  to me your post is a great one because it shows that we have been freed to have our gifts of His spirit to be used at liberty especially at thanksgiving day, but in all the days of our life to be thankful unto Him with our freedom. Luke 1:75

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Well Said! 1