• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Anger 

Holy anger or freshly anger!!!!:blow-up:

What are people seeing in you?

We live in a fallen world, with every manner of sin and selfish desire know to man raging all around us. With this comes high volumes of stress, great pressure and tension. This produces Anger in great measure, for both who are stressed and Those who are not.

We see this anger being expressed everywhere. Murders are climbing at an alarming rate. Children are being beaten and murdered in the masses, even though it happens one innocent child at a time. Road age is on every roadway, our leaders bicker and argue and find no resolutions or solutions for the people in which they are to lead.

Excuses, accecptance, lies and cover ups for such behavior:

Being overworked, under paid, unfair laws,  unreasonable demands, selfishness and self centeredness, overbearing, love of control, power, sucess, higher then others, high minded and the list could go on and on of reasons behind the anger people express and justify those reasons. However, these are not what I want to address. What I'd like to address is the difference between Holy or righteous anger and Fleshly anger. Also to ask the question of:

" what do others see in you? "

What is anger? Anger is an emotion,a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility. That reacts with intent to harm. Anger of the flesh produces harm in some way physically, mentally,spiritually and emotionally.

What is Holy or righteous anger?As born again Chrisitans, this anger is a emotion with purpose. The opposite of the freshly anger to harm in some way. This anger exposes evil, produces healing and brings juctice. This anger will bring about the righteousness of God.

Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God (James 1:19–20)

(Ephesians 4:26-27) 26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and do not give the devil an opportunity.I

Psalms 37:8 - Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Proverbs 14:29 - [He that is] slow to wrath [is] of great understanding: but [he that is] hasty of spirit exalteth folly.

Proverbs 15:1 - A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Ephesians 4:31 - Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Proverbs 19:11 - The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and [it is] his glory to pass over a transgression.

As we reflect upon our lives, look intently into yourself. What do you see? Is your anger producing good or bad! Whatever your answer is, this is what God sees and others see around you if your honest with yourself.

If we see the anger of the flesh, how do we work on this?

Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Walking in the spirit can only  be done by spending time with God, reading and studying his word,praise to God, by prayer and fasting and fellowship with him through Christ. 

Things to remember:

If you do sin, go quickly before God and repent. He is willing to forgive and help you.

Always keep God at the forefront, knowing that whatever expression of anger your ready to produce goes through him first. This way you know your words,thoughts and actions pass before a holy,righteous,pure God before they pass on to another.

See others in our shoes before we knew Christ.

These may help you in your journey as we all learn and grow together.

May God richly bless and may we truly be a light in this world of darkness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Most anger is selfish, it is about what affects me.

But anger about what is affecting others is different.

When we hear about child abuse or about injustice or cruelty to people or animals that is not automatically sinful. It is how we react after our first reaction.

Anger that does not lead to positive action but only grows is sinful. Anger that causes us to seek to end what has made us angry is not sinful.

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I have a good question and that is what if your angry in retaliation. I think righteous anger deals with being angry with the sin and circumstances that makes the person angry. But fleshly anger is prideful.