Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

".....and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now,

but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with JOY INEXPRESSIBLE and full of glory.

After being here on this forum for a while, I see being here is more about coming to a battlefield like many other WORDLY forums of all types,

than coming here to discuss our faith.

It's like most here have given themselves permission to do VIOLANCE TO GODS WORD in how people here attack each other and do their best to unmerceafully rip the "SPIRITUAL FLESH off anyone willing to do battle.

So much of God's word here is VIOLATED in the cause of SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS and being MORE RIGHT IN THEIR OWN ESTIMATION NOT GOD'S.

What a sad picture of what some call Christianity, and it continues to grow in becoming worse.

There is a sad justification here and other places about the continuing poor attitudes that are justified by saying ..."well some of us are just less mature than others and we have to be understanding and I get that, but when there's an overwhelming majority here setting a poor example and blatanly violating God's word in beliefs and horrible attitudes and in ATTACK MODE NEARLLY ALL THE TIME, and absolutely have to be right all the time VIOLENTLY..................

......what does that leave GOD to work with if it's true that HE WORKS THROUGH US,...and He does when we allow it.

When any of you here are attacking others do you ever think about the VIOLANT damage you are doing to God being able to use you as you fight to DEFENDI"YOUR" STAND TO BE RIGHT ?

The verse I quoted above seems like a verse with many others like it that should guild every part of our GODLY NATURE if we have one.

Take every thought captive.

We'll be judged for every idle word spoken.

Are these verse just believed here to be suggestions to believe or cast aside for a different choice that is more acceptable for the situation???

Now I know for sure that people will come here and attack me in order to diffuse what I've said or to distract or accuse me of some infraction myself or ask everyone on the forum who gives me the right to judge or complain...well folks God gives us all permission to do just as He did to all the churches in the book of Revelation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow I think my words are just blowing in the wind, as what I have seen has become to prevalent to be turned around and simply love one another.

To me, what's left of Christianity is in a sad state of disrepair - BROKEN.

But there are still the CALLED OUT who have left what little remains, after finding the truth, and are REJOICING IN THEIR GLORIOUS STATE.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY :(:(

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Several things come to mind here. First, I have backed off a lot here on this forum because in part I agree with you. 

But we are allowed, and should, speak freely about what we are wrestling with.

"When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face because he was clearly in the wrong." Paul confronted his brother head on, in public. We must be free to do that.

But Jesus also tells us that "By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." When we speak with one another, we are to choose our words carefully.

Jesus also was not slack with calling sin, sin. He came boldly against those who caused people to be pushed away from him and not be drawn to him. He called the Pharisees "brood of vipers," and "hypocrites."

Paul plainly tells us we are judge our brothers, yet not unbelievers:  "What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." That seems harsh!

There are times when Christians are to be exhorted and disciplined. Jesus himself said, "To those whom I love I rebuke and discipline."

Christians fall often and fail often. We are messy people. We are not good at it. I as well have some real "pet peeves" with some here on this forum who preach one thing and do another, and some are those who are "well established" here. But I say little because I, like us all, are among them.

Lastly, James says something beautiful: "Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law of liberty, for judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement." Show each other mercy and grace because God does that with us. :)

12 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Several things come to mind here. First, I have backed off a lot here on this forum because in part I agree with you. 

But we are allowed, and should, speak freely about what we are wrestling with.

"When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face because he was clearly in the wrong." Paul confronted his brother head on, in public. We must be free to do that.

But Jesus also tells us that "By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." When we speak with one another, we are to choose our words carefully.

Jesus also was not slack with calling sin, sin. He came boldly against those who caused people to be pushed away from him and not be drawn to him. He called the Pharisees "brood of vipers," and "hypocrites."

Paul plainly tells us we are judge our brothers, yet not unbelievers:  "What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." That seems harsh!

There are times when Christians are to be exhorted and disciplined. Jesus himself said, "To those whom I love I rebuke and discipline."

Christians fall often and fail often. We are messy people. We are not good at it. I as well have some real "pet peeves" with some here on this forum who preach one thing and do another, and some are those who are "well established" here. But I say little because I, like us all, are among them.

Lastly, James says something beautiful: "Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law of liberty, for judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement." Show each other mercy and grace because God does that with us. :)

I appreciate your candor and i have noticed that you are different than most others here..

You have a tender spirit and are opposed to battle of any kind. YOU STAND OUT IN YOUR QUIET GODLINESS:thumbs_up:. God bless you !!

Your loving character speaks volumns of your honest and true faith - a rare thing here.

If I seem bold to extremes - it's my passion for the truth and GODLY LOVE.

God has turned me into a DEFENDER AND CONTENDER OF THE FAITH - AN APOLOGIST WITH FERVENT DRIVE FOR GOD'S NARROW PATH.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

@Seasoned by Grace - a man of God.

May Yahweh bless you and yours richly brother.  

Much love & Shalom to you.

27 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

@Seasoned by Grace - a man of God.

May Yahweh bless you and yours richly brother.  

Much love & Shalom to you.

Much love & Shalom to you my brother.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

My thinks;

Lead by example.......

(my pondering(s) before  God). 

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I'm sorry you feel this is a battlefeild, This is not what it is supposed to be.

The name states: worthy Christian forums! 

This is what God's holy word is, worthy to be taught,explained, and spoken in love: 2 Timothy 3:16- 17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 

As Christians we should : Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God

Forums:a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

God's word: Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Many who come against God's word or who are opposed to his truths become offended it seems at the word of God itself and take it out on the people who are presenting the scripture.

We are to: (2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.)

we should also be reminded of Ephesians 4:11-16

And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,  from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

I do believe that most are trying to do this in love, for most people here do love the lord and are trying to build up the body of Christ. Sometimes what is written can come across different then what is was meant to. We can read tones that aren't there and the whole presentation becomes offensive. Perhaps we should ask what is behind the comments and give people a chance to explain, this way the battlefield can become a learning ground.

Titus 2:7-8 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.

God bless ?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

I do believe that most are trying to do this in love, for most people here do love the lord and are trying to build up the body of Christ. Sometimes what is written can come across different then what is was meant to. We can read tones that aren't there and the whole presentation becomes offensive. Perhaps we should ask what is behind the comments and give people a chance to explain, this way the battlefield can become a learning ground.

Indeed, this manner of communicating is far better than nothing , but we must never forget how deeply flawed it is.Sometimes the most innocuous and harmless statements come off with a sternness and even a hatefulness that was never intended.Doctrines that lead to Hell and Doctrines that ruin the Walks of the Believer are what infuriate me....not the Poster Of such beliefs.Sometimes an inadvertent, unwise spill- over occurs.....it’s bound to happen .....we are human .I constantly strive to do better.I am sure that many here are of the same mind-set.There are probably many here who think I am a monster for defending the Doctrine of Grace as I do.If these people met me personally , they would fall in love with me.I am the sweetest , most sensitive person you have ever met.No brag— just fact. I am confident that many out there that I consider doctrinal foes are among the nicest people that I could ever meet if I were to get to know them personally.I always try to keep that in mind..... 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

5 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I do believe that most are trying to do this in love, for most people here do love the lord and are trying to build up the body of Christ. Sometimes what is written can come across different then what is was meant to. We can read tones that aren't there and the whole presentation becomes offensive. Perhaps we should ask what is behind the comments and give people a chance to explain, this way the battlefield can become a learning ground.

Indeed, this manner of communicating is far better than nothing , but we must never forget how deeply flawed it is.Sometimes the most innocuous and harmless statements come off with a sternness and even a hatefulness that was never intended.Doctrines that lead to Hell and Doctrines that ruin the Walks of the Believer are what infuriate me....not the Poster Of such beliefs.Sometimes an inadvertent, unwise spill- over occurs.....it’s bound to happen .....we are human .I constantly strive to do better.I am sure that many here are of the same mind-set.

I could not agree more. Sometimes it is not what is spoken however, but what is done that is unspoken. It is what is done without a word, and when what is done is discovered, it does more damage than to simply be honest and share the reason upfront. Those things are hurtful. When a two-way street is made to become only a one-way street, there is no more communication, and the one-way street is just as dead as if there were none. When this happens, it is not approachable and not discussable. Yes, my feelings are hurt, and the real disingenuousness is covering them up. Christians are petrified to be real, and have learned how to delicately mask themselves and their feelings. 

For twenty years I went to a church, and if I asked how someone was doing, all I got was "Fine." "I am fine. Family's fine. Dinner's fine. Dogs are fine. Fine. Everything is just fine." The Spirit said to me, "Go. Make friends." Three times I refused, but the Spirit would not relent. So, it started with one, and then two, and now at Barnes and Noble, fourteen. We have met weekly for two years. We know one another. All are not Christian, but three came to the Lord. Why? Because for once people can say, "I'm not fine!" We went to one man's house to pray for him because his leg was in pain and he could not walk. He broke down and cried because no one ever had done that for him. One boisterous and inconsiderate unbeliever asked one night at the bookstore to pray for him because he was dealing with anger issues. There we were, holding hands at a large table at Barnes and Noble, praying. When I shared these things with my Pastor, he said to me, "Gee, Coliseum, we don't even do this at church." People are not fine and we all need to share it instead of bury it and pretend we are. We have such an opportunity right here, and many refuse to take it.

I want to say BB, the light came on for me as you have been sharing what grace is. I have been a Christian for 32 years and was "not fine." You have shown me something beautiful about Jesus. Thank you so much. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Thank you for your kindness! What a thrill it is for me that God would use me to help others to to become “ free men in Christ”—actually living out and relishing life in this Wondrous Age Of Grace that Jesus paid such a dreadful price for.That terrible weight of Performance-to-Be Saved Living is NOT what God wants for His Children.He wants, no — COMMANDS us - to REST in what His Son accomplished at the Cross.The Key to all of this is knowing in your New Heart ( assuming one has this) that you can never be “ worthy” , but we are MADE WORTHY by the Blood of the Lamb.What a tragedy that some refuse to even be “ dragged” into this Abundant  Life That was promised to us by Jesus.My wish for those whose eye’s have been  opened to these Truths is to move on and learn from the likes of Andrew Farley , Renee Roland and the great site.... “ escape to reality” with Paul Ellis......learn how to unshackle yourself , lived a life of Freedom that accompanies understanding Grace.Thanks Again for the kind words......and of course all the Glory goes to God.....

• This is Worthy 1