Repose

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I recently came across a story of a woman who claimed to hear God speaking to her, telling her to take a particular rock to someone she knew. When she arrived with the rock, he was in the process of polishing some rocks, and agreed to polish the rock for her. Upon completion, she claimed one side held an image of Jesus carrying a lamb, and on the other side, an image of Jesus speaking to her.

I've seen pictures of people finding an image of Jesus on other objects. Burnt unto a slice of toast. On a piece of raw steak. In the clouds. The list goes on.

What is your opinion regarding these? Are they real? Or is it a hoax? Is it a matter of psychology, the human brain taking an anomalous object (it's shape, coloration, etc) and filling in the gaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Repose

I hope you are well my friend.

Just now, Repose said:

What is your opinion regarding these? Are they real? Or is it a hoax? Is it a matter of psychology, the human brain taking an anomalous object (it's shape, coloration, etc) and filling in the gaps?

I think sometimes the person's claim is genuine (check out the psychological principle called Pareidolia) and sometimes the person's claim is a hoax.

Simply put, I don't believe that Yahweh would have His Son depicted in such an object or in the clouds.  It just doesn't match with His Word and it serves no purpose other than to say "Check this out, this looks like my Son, doesn't it! So... yeah... bye". 

I don't know, it just doesn't make sense.  It seems to me to be a mixture of misunderstandings, superstitious behaviour or intentional hoaxes, in my opinion.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

37 minutes ago, Repose said:

I've seen pictures of people finding an image of Jesus on other objects. Burnt unto a slice of toast. On a piece of raw steak. In the clouds. The list goes on.

Hi Repose,

I've seen faces, objects and other shapes myself while looking at the clouds. I believe many of these events (as well as my own) is just a case of our imaginations. If someone did see an image of a face that was verified by others, how would they know this was the face of Jesus as the bible doesn't give us a lot of details on how he looked. I know he does't look like the brown hair, light skin person we see depicted on art and pictures. He would most likely look like a Jewish Galilean from 2000 years ago.

• John 1:18, "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I would tend to answer this "yes AND no".  There are many out there who would see something (Jesus in a tree or toast) and try to profit somehow from it.  However, I don't see any reason that God/Jesus would not send a sign to a believer for comfort/assurance.  Our God is a mighty God and I believe that He can and will do all kinds of things to comfort and  assure those who are His.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Repose said:

I recently came across a story of a woman who claimed to hear God speaking to her, telling her to take a particular rock to someone she knew. When she arrived with the rock, he was in the process of polishing some rocks, and agreed to polish the rock for her. Upon completion, she claimed one side held an image of Jesus carrying a lamb, and on the other side, an image of Jesus speaking to her.

I think we must be careful with these types of things. ( Matthew 24 Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him.)

If it happens to us personally (that someone tells us they here from God and give us a message) then we must pray and allow the holy spirit to reveal truth. (John 16:13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.)

God bless ?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

22 hours ago, Repose said:

I recently came across a story of a woman who claimed to hear God speaking to her, , she claimed one side held an image of Jesus carrying a lamb, and on the other side, an image of Jesus speaking to her.

I always wonder What is the point of these pictiures?

What difference do they make to peoples lives? Are they becoming more Christ like in the way they live or are they seeking to make money out of this object?