John Chapter 13
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Do you know what I have done to you?
13 You call me Master and Lord: and you say well; for [so] I am.
14 If I then, [your] Lord and Master, have washed your feet; you also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
Years of study, attending Bible college, doing courses, getting qualifications, going to conferences and seminars, paying lots of money, all to be an officially recognized, elevated, prominent, powerful leader...but all the time "you just supposed to serve...humbly like Jesus".
What happened? "We was corrupted, deceived, and exploited … heaps of us sabotaged by selfish desire". That's what happened.
Thank God that He prunes the vine and chastises those he loves, in this case so that they remember His servant leadership example.
The fruit of servant leadership may not be as popular as the alternative, which is selfish leadership, but it is eternal, unlike the alternative which is temporal, decadent, and futile.
I'm praising God for His faithfulness in leading me out of bondage to and into freedom from styles of leadership that dominate, intimidate, manipulate, and seduce, all for selfish goals.
A word in season from the Word for all seasons:
(10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
(11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
(12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(13) Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
(14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
(15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
(16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
So there is a profile with the name
This profile checks my profile several times a day.. It has no activity. I googled it to see what the word means and it is viewing every one in worthy chats profile. I'm thinking bot collecting our personsl data or writings.
Not sure how to get a moderator to check it for a human life form being present:)