IGNORED

we live in a strange time where being Christian can cut through the closest relationship?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

i am just reading this article on Daily Beast, Curtis Ingraham, Laura Ingraham's older brother, called her a "monster" and on his twitter account (his Twitter account has since then been deleted), he made many harsh criticism about his sister.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-ingrahams-brother-goes-to-war-against-her

in the article her brother said “The divisiveness in this country has cut through not just friendships, but it’s cut through families,” he said. “I was doing that dance with my sister for a while, we were very tight, her anger was funny to me back then.” i thought this is both illuminating about their current state of relationship as well as the direction our world in heading.

as many of you may remember it was not that long ago when you can agree to disagree with people on issues such as gay marriage and still have a relationship. now days it seems if you are for God's definition of marriage, you are automatically a bigot and hateful.....

her brother also stated in the article that it is Laura Ingraham's punditry that is (at least partially responsible) in destroying their relationship.

i find this article very sad because i have read this old article once, apparently just like Curtis Ingraham said, he and Laura were very close. Laura even moved in with Curtis back in the nineties when Curtis's then partner were dying of AIDS to offer support.

disclaimer! i am not saying i agree or disagree with positions Laura Ingraham take, i don't really watch her show, but i just find it very sad that our current climate is so polarised, and getting more so by the day, is reflecting in people's relationships, even close ones.

very sad!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

It is very sad indeed. A definite line being drawn in the sand and I'm sure we can expect it to get worse as time passes on, many will choose compromise I think over having to face the situations like the one you reference above. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Who? Are they of any importance or relevance ?

Who is supposed to be 'christian' and who is suposed not to be.

Totaly unclear from the thread.

I'll say this, how can any Christian be surprised at the level of hatred expressed by nonchristians to any Christian who dares point out that there are valid standards that are contary to those held by society.

There are plenty of blogs that report the victimisation of Christians in the west.

Edited by Who me
  • Brilliant! 1

7 minutes ago, Who me said:

Who? Are they of any importance or relevance ?

Who is supposed to be 'christian' and who is suposed not to be.

Totaly unclear from the thread.

your post is quite rude. that is all i am going to say.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

3 minutes ago, Equippers said:

your post is quite rude. that is all i am going to say.

Rude because I do not know who they are?

Rude because it is unclear who is a christian and who is not?

In that sence yes.

5 minutes ago, Who me said:

Rude because I do not know who they are?

Rude because it is unclear who is a christian and who is not?

In that sence yes.

it is one thing to say you don't know who someone is

it is another to saying things like "are they of any importance or relevance"

you are being rude.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

We all were made with a void in our hearts - in hope from our God - that we fill that void with Him. Everyone under the sun tries to fill the void with anything and everything from wrong relationships, humor, pie, drugs, alcohol, money, work, etc. We try and try but always come up crying for Jesus to fill our heart’s void. Then we turn back again and again. Gods law is God’s law and if we choose to fight Him, we will lose. So choose His love over our own self love, so that we may be washed with the blood of the Lamb. This life is a shadow of what’s to come. So hold strong to Him. Look to thy kingdom come! Amen!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

The OP is correct. I have seen and felt this. Wickedness is such a travesty of what the Lord God intended.

In my particular case it has been by those professing belief in Yeshua. Amazing!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The truly sad part of your post is that he felt that he had to do this via his Twitter account.  Showing my age here, but social media (Facebook and Twitter specifically) is a huge part of the problem that you are describing.  I would be willing to bet that the people that are saying the awful things on social media would never have the nerve to say those things to a person's face.  There are no real consequences to being a hateful and rude person.  It used to be that if you did say something like that to someone, they would punch you!  Now other than maybe getting an account deactivated, there are no consequences.

Again in my opinion, this has caused the divisiveness and downright hate.  To the point that we can't "agree to disagree" any more. It is very, very sad . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

1 hour ago, Equippers said:
2 hours ago, Who me said:

it is one thing to say you don't know who someone is

it is another to saying things like "are they of any importance or relevance"

you are being rude.

When I read his post, it didn’t come across as rude.For me personally, I had the same reaction. Why would any Christian care about the negative opinions of people they don’t know, unless they are in positions of power?

There’s millions of people with millions of opinions. I think his post was just a knee jerk reaction that a lot of Christians would have. He was just wanting to know why we should care what these particular people are saying.

• Thumbs Up 1