IGNORED

we live in a strange time where being Christian can cut through the closest relationship?

Equippers

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

Every day im in my Gym for the last few years, i watch many TV screens.......... as my Gym has a lot of them.

Most of the time, there is a collection of these, all in one group, and they have on, HLN, MSNBC, and CNN.

Ive noticed that whatever these Networks decide to invent a lie about a person they Hate, say, Trump, they will all run the same phrase on all 3 networks, at the same time.

Hitler said, "the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it".    Satan says....>"Amen".

All 3 Networks will post a headline that stays on the screen for hours that says.........>"whistleblower has Trump Scrambling to cover up the Truth".   That will be the headline.   Just something totally made up.  All 3 networks showing it.... trying to create the false impression that they want to use to manipulate the people whose minds they already control.

To the millions that watch this every day like a worship service, it is their gospel.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:12 AM, Equippers said:

i am just reading this article on Daily Beast, Curtis Ingraham, Laura Ingraham's older brother, called her a "monster" and on his twitter account (his Twitter account has since then been deleted), he made many harsh criticism about his sister.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-ingrahams-brother-goes-to-war-against-her

in the article her brother said “The divisiveness in this country has cut through not just friendships, but it’s cut through families,” he said. “I was doing that dance with my sister for a while, we were very tight, her anger was funny to me back then.” i thought this is both illuminating about their current state of relationship as well as the direction our world in heading.

as many of you may remember it was not that long ago when you can agree to disagree with people on issues such as gay marriage and still have a relationship. now days it seems if you are for God's definition of marriage, you are automatically a bigot and hateful.....

her brother also stated in the article that it is Laura Ingraham's punditry that is (at least partially responsible) in destroying their relationship.

i find this article very sad because i have read this old article once, apparently just like Curtis Ingraham said, he and Laura were very close. Laura even moved in with Curtis back in the nineties when Curtis's then partner were dying of AIDS to offer support.

disclaimer! i am not saying i agree or disagree with positions Laura Ingraham take, i don't really watch her show, but i just find it very sad that our current climate is so polarised, and getting more so by the day, is reflecting in people's relationships, even close ones.

very sad!

If I remember right, Laura Ingraham is a Roman Catholic.  I believe the Roman Catholic position in marriage is the same as most conservative Christians.  I don't know her brother's religious beliefs.  Some RC are Christian, some are not.  Being a member of the RCC does NOT give you a golden ticket to Heaven.  Having listened to her radio program and watching her on Fox, I'm not sure she would qualify as a Christian as we non-Papists define the position.  Neither would her brother.  But it's not my decision.  I am only given my opinion.  [I am a former RC.]

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
Added content
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Equippers said:

it is one thing to say you don't know who someone is

it is another to saying things like "are they of any importance or relevance"

you are being rude.

No need to namecall. If you believe someone is out of line, please report it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Sower said:

"Ever heard of him?"

Only about a bazillion times! Working construction sites, I listened to him on AM radio station 1100, KDRY, every day!

indexertre.png.56359923cb3f04aa0c71b6a9f708e196.png

KDRY AM 1100 is San Antonio’s First Christian radio station. It has been family owned and operated since 1963, and is currently on its third generation of ownership.

I listened to Noah Hutchings for many many a year, and learned a lot about prophesy.
So many  of the old time air wave preachers have been taken home, like J. Vernon Mcgee also.

You ask "Ever heard of him?"
Any time I heard "God is still on the throne and prayer changes things.", Mr. Hutchins was soon to follow

PS: I learned he was a combat veteran and served in WWII with General Douglas MacArthur. cool, huh.....default_cool2.gif.14a052c3a6b74f6929841cbe64fece81.gif

I thought as much. Few people quote that famous phrase and truth, seldom here it used anymore. For years I use to arrive at work an hour early and sit in the car, to hear the Southwest Radio Ministry Program. At the time I was still a backslider, but never lost my interest in hearing God's word. Bought many books from the ministry, including one I just pulled off the shelf of my library to look at it right now, "As It Is In The Days of Noah. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 11/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

If I remember right, Laura Ingraham is a Roman Catholic.  I believe the Roman Catholic position in marriage is the same as most conservative Christians.  I don't know her brother's religious beliefs.  Some RC are Christian, some are not.  Being a member of the RCC does give you a golden ticket to Heaven.  Having listened to her radio program and watching her on Fox, I'm not sure she would qualify as a Christian as we non-Papists define the position.  Neither would her brother.  But it's not my decision.  I am only given my opinion.  [I am a former RC.]

her brother is gay and pro gay marriage, so don't think he is a Christian or a RC for that matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

The OP is correct.. I have personaly experienced this in my life.. One of my siblings is an Atheist and knows i am a ""Serious"" Christian.. She has shunned me.. She has not spoken to me in 6 years..

16 minutes ago, Adstar said:

The OP is correct.. I have personaly experienced this in my life.. One of my siblings is an Atheist and knows i am a ""Serious"" Christian.. She has shunned me.. She has not spoken to me in 6 years..

sorry to hear this God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Adstar said:

Please send her your love regardless. So that upon the day prayer is answered  she will want to call you first with her good news.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Please send her your love regardless. So that upon the day prayer is answered  she will want to call you first with her good news.

yes, i would probably send her Christmas Cards and Birthday cards with flowers if one can afford it. but limit other forms of contacts unless the OP feel the Holy Spirit is leading him to it.

Edited by Equippers

6 hours ago, Equippers said:

her brother is gay and pro gay marriage, so don't think he is a Christian or a RC for that matter.

I meant to say "Being a member of the RCC does NOT give you a golden ticket to Heaven."  I left a word out which was in my head but never made it to my computer.  It seems like you were able to figure out what I was trying to say.  Thanks for the information on her brother.  Do you think this has influenced her stance on any issues?