Revlori

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

The word "Holiness" has to be looked at or studied by the believer in depth as to it's meaning.  Is it not in a nutshell means to be set apart from the world and its appearance and striving to be more in the image and likeness of the teachings of our Lord.  Every believer would be for the most part at different phases of their walk and their experience in living the christian life would necessitate change as they go along.  Some habits and lifestyles changes very quickly , while some is has to be wrestled and fought to be broken. It is  called spiritual warfare. We have an enemy which knows us too well and presents us with the world to entice and  woo us into his camp of deception and lies.  It's a battle.

The minister of the word has to preach the full gospel and as they are the appointed teachers of the word, he has to make the call for abstinence of certain lifestyles and behavior.  How this is done may be the sticking point to many, but  again, as believers we have to live a holy life and the process of sanctification has to be observed by him and work towards elimination of habits and images that does not reflect that to himself first and to his brothers and sisters.  Indeed the body is the temple of the Lord and we cannot as believers do as we please.   

The bible says to train up a child in the way of the Lord and when he is older he would not depart from it Proverbs 22.6.   Some believers do need to be reminded at times even though they feel that they should not be. 

At the end of the day, it really is a spiritual battle for our mind which the world, the flesh and the devil plots for constantly.  Correction within the right context of people and organisation is not a bad if done with piety.  We cannot let culture of the day rule over holiness in our christian walk, that is plain giving in to the devil and his schemes.                                                                                                            

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

The word "Holiness" has to be looked at or studied by the believer in depth as to it's meaning.  Is it not in a nutshell means to be set apart from the world and its appearance and striving to be more in the image and likeness of the teachings of our Lord.  Every believer would be for the most part at different phases of their walk and their experience in living the christian life would necessitate change as they go along.  Some habits and lifestyles changes very quickly , while some is has to be wrestled and fought to be broken. It is  called spiritual warfare. We have an enemy which knows us too well and presents us with the world to entice and  woo us into his camp of deception and lies.  It's a battle.

The minister of the word has to preach the full gospel and as they are the appointed teachers of the word, he has to make the call for abstinence of certain lifestyles and behavior.  How this is done may be the sticking point to many, but  again, as believers we have to live a holy life and the process of sanctification has to be observed by him and work towards elimination of habits and images that does not reflect that to himself first and to his brothers and sisters.  Indeed the body is the temple of the Lord and we cannot as believers do as we please.   

The bible says to train up a child in the way of the Lord and when he is older he would not depart from it Proverbs 22.6.   Some believers do need to be reminded at times even though they feel that they should not be. 

At the end of the day, it really is a spiritual battle for our mind which the world, the flesh and the devil plots for constantly.  Correction within the right context of people and organisation is not a bad if done with piety.  We cannot let culture of the day rule over holiness in our christian walk, that is plain giving in to the devil and his schemes.                                                                                                            

Thank you for your view, God bless ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Betha said:

but we have to be washed and cleansed in HIS BLOOD

This occurs the moment we receive and accept Christ Jesus as Saviour and Lord. The Father sees us through the sacrifice of His Son. We are not holy in ourselves. He is our holiness. 

1 hour ago, Betha said:

to get rid of every unsightly spot or wrinkle....

As we continue in Him, and as a result of sanctification, unholy things such as sins, bad habits, addictions to whatever, and ill tempered demeanor tends to fall by the wayside. Or it should.  

1 hour ago, Betha said:

maybe we need to be more particular in everything.

Developing a sense of nit picking about everything can lead to a hyper-critical spirit. Over concern about too many minute details can cause a cardiac at my age. I did that getting into legalistic doctrine in younger years. I'll pass on that now, thanks just the same. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Well God has not changed, though his way of dealing with humans have. The Godly principles are timeless. I feel one should dress in a way that befits Godly reverence.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

and went forward on an altar call

Why must there be an altar call at all?

Never mind, just having some fun  here.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Doesn't matter what one wears or doesn't wear, someone else will be there to correct the attire.

There is a culture, a tribe of people whose males wear only one small blade of grass, with it they are comfortably dressed, without it they are embarrassed to be naked.

King David danced and his wife who  by then may not have had any love for him at all despised his doing so while dressed in the particular attire he wore.

Personally I feel much like Ricky Nelson once thought as he wrote in  the song Garden Party; ... "I wish you a lot of luck. - can't please everyone -got to please yourself."

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Thank you for writing this. I have had a lightbulb moment. I knew the principal, but now I can see it in my heart, if that makes sense?

This makes perfect sense and exactly how it happens by the Holy Spirit!

Ain't God good?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

What was John The Baptist wearing again?

I think Christ is concerned with the heart. That said,  I do think it’s good to be mindful of what you are wearing in church so that you are not distracting those who are there to worship God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

20 hours ago, Revlori said:

Or do we leave this between our brothers and sisters in Christ and God and the Holy spirit? if we do, does this mean we don't say anything at all, or do We address this in a loving manner? 

I personally believe we should say nothing.  God is more concerned about our inward life.  Of first importance is our inward relationship with Christ, and that His love, joy and peace be expressed through us.  The outward things will follow in due time.  God appointed us to catch the fish and it is up to Him to clean them.  So it is best to say nothing and love them as they are.  

I used to attend a church where women didn't wear slacks at all.  One day a woman walked into the church wearing flip flops and capris.  She came to the alter for salvation.  The next week the little old lady's Sunday school class all came wearing pants suits.  That so impressed me as an act of love to welcome her in this way.  She was a single mom with 5 teenagers so she had no money left over for herself.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think that modesty is important and also that we need to be gentle when discussing such things with new ones.

The love of Christ within does not want to place a stumbling block before a brother or sister.

This takes time and I have seen in almost all cases that new converts realize what a lack of modesty looks like.

It is a relative thing, to be sure--but most folks know.

Vanity plays a big part.

Separate brother and sister meetings at a local level can be very helpful...young brothers can be assisted by older brothers and same for the sisters.

This way the sensitive things can be discussed more easily and in love.