• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Willa said:

I personally believe we should say nothing.  God is more concerned about our inward life.  Of first importance is our inward relationship with Christ, and that His love, joy and peace be expressed through us.  The outward things will follow in due time.  God appointed us to catch the fish and it is up to Him to clean them.  So it is best to say nothing and love them as they are.  

I used to attend a church where women didn't wear slacks at all.  One day a woman walked into the church wearing flip flops and capris.  She came to the alter for salvation.  The next week the little old lady's Sunday school class all came wearing pants suits.  That so impressed me as an act of love to welcome her in this way.  She was a single mom with 5 teenagers so she had no money left over for herself.  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! God bless ?

4 hours ago, Alive said:

I think that modesty is important and also that we need to be gentle when discussing such things with new ones.

The love of Christ within does not want to place a stumbling block before a brother or sister.

This takes time and I have seen in almost all cases that new converts realize what a lack of modesty looks like.

It is a relative thing, to be sure--but most folks know.

Vanity plays a big part.

Separate brother and sister meetings at a local level can be very helpful...young brothers can be assisted by older brothers and same for the sisters.

This way the sensitive things can be discussed more easily and in love.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, may God bless you ?

4 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

What was John The Baptist wearing again?

I think Christ is concerned with the heart. That said,  I do think it’s good to be mindful of what you are wearing in church so that you are not distracting those who are there to worship God. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! God bless ?

7 hours ago, Know Jah said:

Well God has not changed, though his way of dealing with humans have. The Godly principles are timeless. I feel one should dress in a way that befits Godly reverence.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, may God bless ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi @Revlori,

I just wanted to say the topic was perfectly fine and all went well, in my opinion. You were very gracious in responding throughout the entire thread and that's very admirable. God bless you, sister. :)

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Doesn't matter what one wears or doesn't wear, someone else will be there to correct the attire.

There is a culture, a tribe of people whose males wear only one small blade of grass, with it they are comfortably dressed, without it they are embarrassed to be naked.

King David danced and his wife who  by then may not have had any love for him at all despised his doing so while dressed in the particular attire he wore.

Personally I feel much like Ricky Nelson once thought as he wrote in  the song Garden Party; ... "I wish you a lot of luck. - can't please everyone -got to please yourself."

Thank you for sharing your view, God bless ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, Revlori said:

Should a Christians outward appearance really matter today?

With all the latest fashions, low cut tops, high rise tops (belly shirts), skin tight jeans,spandex leggings, see through shirts, under garments exposed as some wear jeans around their knees. Both men and women wearing the same clothing, to tattoos and body piercings in every part of the body, to every color of hair and style that both men and women share. 

what does God's word say and Does this still apply today?

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman should not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Does this mean woman can't have short hair or men long?

1 Corinthians 11:14-15 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Should Christians take this verses to heart when they dress and want piercings or tatoos?

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16 )

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” (1 Corinthians 6:19)

“If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.” (1 Corinthians 3:17)

what is your take on this: Should a Christians outward appearance really matter today?

If It is yes, then how do you approach other Christians in this matter?

If no, don't it matter at all what a Christian looks like or wears?

Or do we leave this between our brothers and sisters in Christ and God and the Holy spirit? if we do, does this mean we don't say anything at all, or do We address this in a loving manner? 

Just curious on everyone's views about this subject...and what Christians really believe on how a Christian should present themselves.

Thanks for reading! God bless ?

I think most people understand what being appropriate for the occasion means. I was with a teacher dressed in a suit; I asked him why, and he told me, "I need to please the businessmen." He knew not to wear a bikini to a business meeting. So, it depends upon motive. Short hair for Jews 2000 years ago was the custom and was generally part of their culture. Today, not so much. But if a man believes that what he does is sin to him, then it is sin. If I go out to dinner and have a small amount of wine, is that sin? But if I were with a brother who had turned from alcoholism and I enticed him by drinking, I might think twice. The Old Testament was full of rules and regulations, but Jesus is full of grace, wanting us to use good judgement, instead of checking off a list. 

• Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

I think most people understand what being appropriate for the occasion means. I was with a teacher dressed in a suit; I asked him why, and he told me, "I need to please the businessmen." He knew not to wear a bikini to a business meeting. So, it depends upon motive. Short hair for Jews 2000 years ago was the custom and was generally part of their culture. Today, not so much. But if a man believes that what he does is sin to him, then it is sin. If I go out to dinner and have a small amount of wine, is that sin? But if I were with a brother who had turned from alcoholism and I enticed him by drinking, I might think twice. The Old Testament was full of rules and regulations, but Jesus is full of grace, wanting us to use good judgement, instead of checking off a list. 

Thank you for sharing your view,may God bless you ? 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/16/2019 at 1:38 AM, Revlori said:

Should a Christians outward appearance really matter today?

With all the latest fashions, low cut tops, high rise tops (belly shirts), skin tight jeans,spandex leggings, see through shirts, under garments exposed as some wear jeans around their knees. Both men and women wearing the same clothing, to tattoos and body piercings in every part of the body, to every color of hair and style that both men and women share. 

what does God's word say and Does this still apply today?

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman should not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Does this mean woman can't have short hair or men long?

What's "appropriate" for men and women depends on culture. In the USA and Europe it's perfectly normal for women to have short hair and men long. Scotsmen have always worn kilts. 

The point is that one's appearance shouldn't be deceptive

With regard to the details, our appearance doesn't "matter" to God, but it does give out a message to other people. How I dress tells you what kind of person I am (or if I'm wearing a uniform, it tells you what job I'm doing). And as Christians we do need to think about our impact on other people.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

No one should reveal there bodies in a open fashion.  Morden clothing does do that. Why reveal your body ? Some are proud of there bodies. It want attention.  But the body is for the lord. Would one wear clothing for the lord in a revealing manner  ?