• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

What's "appropriate" for men and women depends on culture. In the USA and Europe it's perfectly normal for women to have short hair and men long. Scotsmen have always worn kilts. 

The point is that one's appearance shouldn't be deceptive

With regard to the details, our appearance doesn't "matter" to God, but it does give out a message to other people. How I dress tells you what kind of person I am (or if I'm wearing a uniform, it tells you what job I'm doing). And as Christians we do need to think about our impact on other people.

Thank you for sharing your view, may God bless ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

No one should reveal there bodies in a open fashion.  Morden clothing does do that. Why reveal your body ? Some are proud of there bodies. It want attention.  But the body is for the lord. Would one wear clothing for the lord in a revealing manner  ?

Thank you for sharing your view,may God bless ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,044
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

2 TIMOTHY 4:1 I charge thee therefore before GOD AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ---who shall judge the quick and the dead--- at HIS appearing and ---HIS KINGDOM--           ---HIS KINGDOM---

LUKE 6:46 and why call you me LORD LORD and do not the things which I say 

******* does not THE LORD JESUS CHRIST answer this question for all of us and not just for some *******

JOHN 14:24 --HE THAT LOVETH ME NOT-- keepeth not MY sayings and the word which you hear is not mine but THE FATHERS which sent ME 

1 CORINTHIANS  ---IF ANY MAN--- love not THE LORD JESUS CHRIST let him be anathema maranatha 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

WE are to be in the world, as we are stuck here, but we are not to be "of it".. In other words, the flow of the world system, towards more and more immorality.....This is what we are to not follow, accept for ourselves, or condone.

Every believer needs to always consider themselves a light in a dark world.   And if our light looks just like the world, then how is this representing the True Light Himself?

A person says...>"well, Paul was all things to all men, so that he might lead some to Christ".........So does that mean that Paul, if he were here today, would have nipple rings, a metal tongue stud, and be covered with Tattoos from neck to wrist?

And does it mean that if Jesus were Here, he'd be wearing Wing Tips, and a 3 Piece Suit, and have on a big "<><" Pin, and carry a bible that is as bing as a suitcase?

A Christian's appearance should reflect their HEART CONDITION, regarding their desire to please the Lord.  Their appearance should not reflect wanting to fit in with what the world thinks is "cools' today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

30 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

2 TIMOTHY 4:1 I charge thee therefore before GOD AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ---who shall judge the quick and the dead--- at HIS appearing and ---HIS KINGDOM--           ---HIS KINGDOM---

LUKE 6:46 and why call you me LORD LORD and do not the things which I say 

******* does not THE LORD JESUS CHRIST answer this question for all of us and not just for some *******

JOHN 14:24 --HE THAT LOVETH ME NOT-- keepeth not MY sayings and the word which you hear is not mine but THE FATHERS which sent ME 

1 CORINTHIANS  ---IF ANY MAN--- love not THE LORD JESUS CHRIST let him be anathema maranatha 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS 

Bro, please 'cap-down' a bit. Excessive use of capitalization on words are considered shouting, and it's prominent throughout almost half of your post. We get the message - it's fine. Thanks and God bless!  :D 

Edited by BeauJangles

16 minutes ago, Behold said:

And does it mean that if Jesus were Here, he'd be wearing Wing Tips, and a 3 Piece Suit, and have on a big "<><" Pin, and carry a bible that is as bing as a suitcase?

No, He probably wouldn't. If dressed as a Pharisee, He'd be assumed as such. Good point.  :thumbsup:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

No, He probably wouldn't. If dressed as a Pharisee, He'd be assumed as such. Good point.  :thumbsup:

Have you ever heard this ?    "God accepts you the way you are"...

And if a person is a child molester, a hater of Jews, a habitual liar, a person who castrates themselves to be "another gender".......  then God just accepts all that as "the way they are".

Well, not quite.

You hear this in the secular world all the time.    "you are Born this way".......so, whatever you do, you are, its all good, as God accepts you AS you are.

Well, if that were true, then there would be no need for commandments, or God given instruction regarding Morality.

If God accepted everyone, then there would be no Sin, as he would just accept everyone...

If God accepted everyone, then there would be no Need for the Cross.

If God accepted us as we are, then he'd not be trying to conform us INTO the IMAGE of Christ.

But on the other hand.... God LOVES YOU just as you are......... = Absolutely.

You cant do anything that would cause God to love you more then they already does.   He loves you unconditionally........yet,  He is always changing us.... He's always working on that....for our benefit.

Edited by Behold

2 minutes ago, Behold said:

You cant do anything that would cause God to love you more then they already does.   He loves you unconditionally........yet,  He is always changing us.... He's always working on that....for our benefit.

Excellent, bro. I've quoted this very same first sentence you've stated a number of times. 

5 minutes ago, Behold said:

You cant do anything that would cause God to love you more then they already does.

Just worth mentioning here, there's nothing so horrible that would make the Lord love us any less. That does not mean He's pleased at all, but His love is everlasting to everlasting. The Alpha and Omega - first and last.  

12 minutes ago, Behold said:

He is always changing us.... He's always working on that....for our benefit.

Yes, He is. 

2 Corinthians KJV 3:18 18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the LORD, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.