Revlori

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

It is valid point that when and where believers in Jesus Christ are assembled in his name that the focus

is on him... and not so -n- so's suit and tie, the hair cut, coiffure, or hemline, or cleavage, or gym shorts and tank top with flip flops...

1.png.05f00953b43928748929f01114a8f549.png

This is all any of us has to work with.

And while this:

2.png.29311ab7c3a3b986162d2688e084b50c.png

would be far less distracting... in reality and practicality it is not

where we all live.

When I was going through a bout of severe lust and temptation (a beast 

which must always be kept in check especially in today's world) I used to rail

on about the promiscuous way people were dressing... in California...

(which is no longer exclusive to California btw)...

I was trying to keep the Law which is no longer the main focus of God's

covenant. Grace is. And evangelism is the outgrowth of that Grace.

Of course it would be better is there was no lust, no skimpy attire, anywhere.

Especially not in an assembly in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ...

I am not debating that point in the least.

And since the Law is good and it is right (unattainable as it is for we fallen humans

to fulfill or keep without the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ to our account for

believing in him)... it is best we at least try to keep it as it spares us, our fellow man, and the

Holy Spirit within us tons and tons and tons of grief.

But God's plan would not have gone forward from the very beginning (Eden) if strict by the book

application had outweighed practical application.

God did not put Adam and Eve (who were naked btw) to death and call the whole thing a busted

attempt to save an ungrateful people...

He could have.

I find that extending the Grace of God in Christ to all who are naked, or who smell bad, or are just

as human as the rest of us is paramount. Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood was shed

for me... doesn't mean:  after I got cleaned up, after I put on the right clothing, after I swore off make up or ciagarettes

or even  dare I say it... lust.

If so, we'd all be lost.

My second point is that the traditional assembly under steeples and crosses and bell ringing towers appeal to the

lust for religion we humans have... but they are not the Temple of God as we presume. We are the temple of God. Each

and everyone of us who believe in Jesus Christ and therefore have the Holy Spirit of God Almighty living in us.

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

And though we ever fail God in most every way...

1 Corinthians 6:19–20 (AV)
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s

Strive to obey / keep the moral tenets of the Law... prepare by disciplining your flesh (sin nature) as best you can, but know (just as the disciples

and Apostles before you) there will be times of failure. Avoid them, minimize them as best you can. And trust. Trust in the Lord who's power and grace

are greater than all our sin.

Romans 5:20 (AV)
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

And the way we deal with sin coming between God and us (or our detachment from our permanent salvation, so to speak) is

1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 (centering on 1 John 1:9) realigning our relationship with God (who never moved, we did in our sin). An 

individuals prodigal son event... though we never stopped being God's kid, we stopped feeling like it. And our Heavenly Father never stopped

loving us, saving us, keeping watch for our return... and he lavishes us with all when we come along side* confessing to him (Psalm 51:3)

as the prodigal son's father did his son.

* to face what we did or did not do and no longer make excuses / to agree with God our sin is sin

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

This kind of trust in God is what made King David a man after God's own heart.

Edited by JohnD
  • This is Worthy 1

also... if we all dressed like priests and nuns,

who would accept our outreach?

Very few, at best.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, steve morrow said:

2 TIMOTHY 4:1 I charge thee therefore before GOD AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ---who shall judge the quick and the dead--- at HIS appearing and ---HIS KINGDOM--           ---HIS KINGDOM---

LUKE 6:46 and why call you me LORD LORD and do not the things which I say 

******* does not THE LORD JESUS CHRIST answer this question for all of us and not just for some *******

JOHN 14:24 --HE THAT LOVETH ME NOT-- keepeth not MY sayings and the word which you hear is not mine but THE FATHERS which sent ME 

1 CORINTHIANS  ---IF ANY MAN--- love not THE LORD JESUS CHRIST let him be anathema maranatha 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS 

Thank you for sharing your response, may God bless you ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, JohnD said:

It is valid point that when and where believers in Jesus Christ are assembled in his name that the focus

is on him... and not so -n- so's suit and tie, the hair cut, coiffure, or hemline, or cleavage, or gym shorts and tank top with flip flops...

1.png.05f00953b43928748929f01114a8f549.png

This is all any of us has to work with.

And while this:

2.png.29311ab7c3a3b986162d2688e084b50c.png

would be far less distracting... in reality and practicality it is not

where we all live.

When I was going through a bout of severe lust and temptation (a beast 

which must always be kept in check especially in today's world) I used to rail

on about the promiscuous way people were dressing... in California...

(which is no longer exclusive to California btw)...

I was trying to keep the Law which is no longer the main focus of God's

covenant. Grace is. And evangelism is the outgrowth of that Grace.

Of course it would be better is there was no lust, no skimpy attire, anywhere.

Especially not in an assembly in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ...

I am not debating that point in the least.

And since the Law is good and it is right (unattainable as it is for we fallen humans

to fulfill or keep without the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ to our account for

believing in him)... it is best we at least try to keep it as it spares us, our fellow man, and the

Holy Spirit within us tons and tons and tons of grief.

But God's plan would not have gone forward from the very beginning (Eden) if strict by the book

application had outweighed practical application.

God did not put Adam and Eve (who were naked btw) to death and call the whole thing a busted

attempt to save an ungrateful people...

He could have.

I find that extending the Grace of God in Christ to all who are naked, or who smell bad, or are just

as human as the rest of us is paramount. Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood was shed

for me... doesn't mean:  after I got cleaned up, after I put on the right clothing, after I swore off make up or ciagarettes

or even  dare I say it... lust.

If so, we'd all be lost.

My second point is that the traditional assembly under steeples and crosses and bell ringing towers appeal to the

lust for religion we humans have... but they are not the Temple of God as we presume. We are the temple of God. Each

and everyone of us who believe in Jesus Christ and therefore have the Holy Spirit of God Almighty living in us.

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

And though we ever fail God in most every way...

1 Corinthians 6:19–20 (AV)
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s

Strive to obey / keep the moral tenets of the Law... prepare by disciplining your flesh (sin nature) as best you can, but know (just as the disciples

and Apostles before you) there will be times of failure. Avoid them, minimize them as best you can. And trust. Trust in the Lord who's power and grace

are greater than all our sin.

Romans 5:20 (AV)
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

And the way we deal with sin coming between God and us (or our detachment from our permanent salvation, so to speak) is

1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 (centering on 1 John 1:9) realigning our relationship with God (who never moved, we did in our sin). An 

individuals prodigal son event... though we never stopped being God's kid, we stopped feeling like it. And our Heavenly Father never stopped

loving us, saving us, keeping watch for our return... and he lavishes us with all when we come along side* confessing to him (Psalm 51:3)

as the prodigal son's father did his son.

* to face what we did or did not do and no longer make excuses / to agree with God our sin is sin

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

This kind of trust in God is what made King David a man after God's own heart.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts,may God bless you ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

33 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Very few, at best.

Confirmation on that point of view stated here below. 

2 hours ago, Behold said:

And does it mean that if Jesus were Here, he'd be wearing Wing Tips, and a 3 Piece Suit, and have on a big "<><" Pin, and carry a bible that is as bing as a suitcase?

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

No, He probably wouldn't. If dressed as a Pharisee, He'd be assumed as such. Good point.  :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Very few, at best.

How to Keep From Getting Spiritually Weird by Greg Koukl

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

12 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Confirmation on that point of view stated here below. 

Either jeans or khakis and a loose cotton shirt and probably a ball cap to keep the sun off.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Before I jump to any outrageous ideas, what is a ball cap?

A hat with a brim like what baseball players wear.

:-)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

A Christian woman must dress modestly. But apparently the Christian world does not agree with my outlook because you see women dressed inappropriately all the time in the Christian community. 

I think it matters very much how you look. We are Christ's followers. I think as a woman i must look neat, clean, tidy, smart and above all - modest. To look respectable gives a vital message. Men should look similarly smart and good. 

No ambassador or representatives in the business or workplace would look less than their best?  Why would we? I think carefully every day to be at my best.