Revlori

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

@Revlori, the outward worldly appearance is only important for the worldly. It is just another disguise. A means to conceal the current status of one's soul and being.

Our 'true appearance' is when we are honestly in love with what we know is True. The Truth, in itself, is illuminating. The Christian who is filled with Good Spirit is the Light of this world. Their innermost Truth moves to the outermost as an expression of Truth/God most High. This is the Christian's true appearance/expression.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I've seen women wear stilletoes and totter in.

It's always made me wonder how women can manage them without toppling over. They can cause serious foot and muscle/ligament issues over time. Same for cowboy boots. Toes tend to get pinched into a slight point. My dad was a cowboy and had this as a result of longtime wear. I've owned several pairs in my youth, but none were all that comfortable for very long. Guess you'd have to pay hundreds for ones that might be. To each their own - so much for fashion. Sorry for going off-topic.  :b:

Edited by BeauJangles

7 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am not aware of any modesty issues around heel height.

Only a matter of personal taste and fashion, and not that big of a deal to me. I don't find them attractive personally, but the same could be said of my style. Stilettos are quite popular again like they were in the 1940s - 60s, and I see them all the time now. They don't seem very practical or comfortable though. I wear sandals and moccasins most of the time. Back-dated probably, but comfy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

It's always made me wonder how women can manage them without toppling over. They can cause serious foot and muscle/ligament issues over time. Same for cowboy boots. Toes tend get pinched into a slight point. My dad was a cowboy and had this as a result of longtime wear. I've owned several pairs in my youth, but none were all that comfortable for very long. Guess you'd have to pay hundreds for ones that might be. To each their own - so much for fashion. Sorry for going off-topic.  :b:

Oh indeed. I never wear them.  It's fashion which is fine but hardly for church. I like comfort., live in ankle boots. 

8 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I like comfort., live in ankle boots. 

I'll admit to being a fan of the Fab 4, and always wanted a pair of Beatle boots. The ones manufactured here were cheaply made though, and probably weren't comfortable at all. Cheap shoes hardly ever are. Umm... Sorry for going off-topic again. I try to watch that. Sleep deprivation over a couple of weeks now, and my mind is a bit wonky.  :huh: 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Raven said:

@Revlori, the outward worldly appearance is only important for the worldly. It is just another disguise. A means to conceal the current status of one's soul and being.

Our 'true appearance' is when we are honestly in love with what we know is True. The Truth, in itself, is illuminating. The Christian who is filled with Good Spirit is the Light of this world. Their innermost Truth moves to the outermost as an expression of Truth/God most High. This is the Christian's true appearance/expression.

Thank you for sharing your view,may God bless you ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Just going to put this out there . . .

As I was reading through the replies, I kept thinking of Romans 14:13 and the rest of chapter 14:

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

I keep coming back to the fact that we should not become a stumbling block to others - does the way that someone dresses to go to church distract some from the message because they are staring at you?  In public, could you be putting a stumbling block in the way of someone who has issues with lust or the like?  I know that we will never be able to anticipate how our outward appearance will effect someone, but maybe be more thoughtful and deliberate on how we present ourselves?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, jmax said:

Just going to put this out there . . .

As I was reading through the replies, I kept thinking of Romans 14:13 and the rest of chapter 14:

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

I keep coming back to the fact that we should not become a stumbling block to others - does the way that someone dresses to go to church distract some from the message because they are staring at you?  In public, could you be putting a stumbling block in the way of someone who has issues with lust or the like?  I know that we will never be able to anticipate how our outward appearance will effect someone, but maybe be more thoughtful and deliberate on how we present ourselves?

Thank you for sharing your view,may God bless ?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

22 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I think it matters very much how you look. We are Christ's followers. I think as a woman i must look neat, clean, tidy, smart and above all - modest. To look respectable gives a vital message. Men should look similarly smart and good. 

No ambassador or representatives in the business or workplace would look less than their best?  Why would we? I think carefully every day to be at my best.  

I agree. I work for a large healthcare group and one of our lead clinicians addressed a group of doctors at a meeting. He said that most patients are coming to the doctors for their knowledge and expertise to diagnose and give treatment hence is why he dresses in a nice dress shirt & tie everyday. He said that if he came to work dressed in a t-shirt and jeans he doubted he would get the same respect and trust from the patients. He then shared a story of a patient who commented negatively on his appearance when he came into work dressed casually.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I know, i mean where does showing cleavage in a low cut dress at church fit in? Or anywhere for that matter. I've seen women wear stilletoes and totter in. Off the shoulder dresses. Just lack of thought i think. 

I just dress for comfort and practicality myself and i cover up! 

It is a common problem. Why do Christian women dress in such an immodest way?