Does God want us to have fun?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

Does God want us to have fun?   What is fun supposed to look like for a Christian?  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Does God want us to have fun?   What is fun supposed to look like for a Christian?  

What is your definition of fun?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is your definition of fun?

Yes indeed this is the critical question..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

7 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Shalom @ContinuingCorletta

Absolutely!  The Father would have us having fun and even instructs us to on certain Feasts.

Sometimes as Christians we get so caught up in the Word and doctrine (which is great) that we can forget just to have fun with our brothers and sisters.  Being silly, telling jokes, playing games, dancing and creating etc can be so easily overlooked within Christian fellowship - and yet that is the whole point of all of this!  Family, love, fun and joy.  

True, in this life we may suffer and be oppressed.  But we weren't designed with this in mind.  In the next life, there will be so much joy, peace, fun, singing, dancing, games, humour, creativity and playing that it will make everything else in this world look very dull in comparison.  Ways to have fun that we cannot even perceive with our limited experience of this place.

Rather than think "what does fun look like for a Christian", rather ask yourself "what do I find fun?"  And, if it doesn't contradict the Word, then do it - relieve your heart from the heaviness of day-today life!  It doesn't need to be a "Bible Quiz" or painting Noah's Ark in order to be acceptable to God, hehe.  But, as long as it doesn't contradict His teachings, I'm sure His blessing will rest on you. So enjoy your hobby, games and hanging out with friends knowing that your capacity and desire to have fun was designed by Him.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

?Hello,

I believe that God does want us to have fun,however we as Christians must remember:

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

The Fun of many is sin or leads to sin, so me must make sure decisions on what we consider fun.

Romans 14:16-17 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil.for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Answering your second question (What is fun supposed to look like for a Christian?  ) I believe this is up to each person, to their likes, hobbies and what they enjoy in life. For my fun of Walking in the woods or riding atvs to fishing might sound so lame to one but very exciting to another.

may God bless and may the Holy Spirit guild you...Relax and enjoy today! 

""that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.""

Ephesians 6:3 NIV

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

God doesn't want us to be miserable, so He isn't opposed to fun. However, if fun means sinning then it's probably not the fun God favors. Think of it like this, Holiness before happiness. I have found that when I thought I could have fun while doing what God said is wrong it turned out I had no fun at all, except maybe for the moment. But I think each generation has to prove this to themselves. Remember God never promised to protect us from the consequences of our fun. So while you're proving it try not to make mistakes that stay with you all your life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

God created laughter.

God created our innate ability to perceive BEAUTY.   No other animal in the universe, can do this, as "perception of Beauty", is a God Trait, that He instilled into humans, only. , as only humans are "created in God's image". (nature and likeness).

God has fun.  God has a sense of humor.   Jesus is God and He enjoyed laughing, telling stories, caring for people....etc.

The fun you want to have is described as "Good Clean Fun".

It does not take an Einstein to understand what this omits.

The best way to understand this, is to realize that Christ is in you, if you are born again... So, you dont do anything that you would not want Christ to see you do, or experience Himself, while you are doing it......as He is IN YOU, if you are born again.

Thats the idea.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

Yes, God wants us to have fun. That is the whole point. Fun is anything that doesn't violate a commandment. That is, we are to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Usually, when a person has fun and enjoys what he is doing, he wants to include others to be with him. The fun I am learning to have more and more of is simply basking in His salvation. I want to include as many as I can to join me. It is freeing, and it is fun to watch others enslaved become free. It means I can become not merely friendly with others---as the world is---but friends with them, as Jesus is with us. That is fun!

Edited by Coliseum
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Does God want us to have fun?

Yes, I believe He does. Moreover than that, the Lord desires for us to have Joy in Him. 

Acts 13:52 KJV 52And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2