• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Usually, when a person has fun and enjoys what he is doing, he wants to include others to be with him. The fun I am learning to have more and more of is simply basking in His salvation. I want to include as many as I can to join me. It is freeing, and it is fun to watch others enslaved become free. It means I can become not merely friendly with others---as the world is---but friends with them, as Jesus is with us. That is fun!

That is lovely!

• Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, I believe He does. Moreover than that, the Lord desires for us to have Joy in Him. 

Acts 13:52 KJV 52And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

Thank you for sharing!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Thank you that is helpful, but what fun leads to sin?

This is going to vary widely in what people decide to consider is fun. Let me try to give an example without knowing just what type of fun a person is referring to.

Take the sport of fishing, that's fun for many people. But along with fishing comes rules that must be followed. Now if one decided to fish without purchasing a proper licenses as well as catch fish, this is breaking man's law. Also this leads to sin. Why? God's word says: 

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV)

Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Now pertaining to fishing ( not matters that go against God's word or laws) if one breaks the law of man they also sin. Does that make since? We As Christians live in this world, but don't do what non-Christian's do. We obey the laws of the land to honor God in all We do. Because of our love for God, we have fun the right way as well as set examples for others who are watching to see what Christians really do. This may win some to the Lord? 

I hope this helps, but if not, would you like to share an example of something fun, that could become sin that I might be able to better answer this?

God bless ?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Churches often have softball teams, picnics, camps with zip lines and plays, pranks on other cabins, play spoons or basketball, volley ball, flag football, movies or anything that is moral and tasteful.  "A merry heart does good like a medicine."  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @ContinuingCorletta

Absolutely!  The Father would have us having fun and even instructs us to on certain Feasts.

Sometimes as Christians we get so caught up in the Word and doctrine (which is great) that we can forget just to have fun with our brothers and sisters.  Being silly, telling jokes, playing games, dancing and creating etc can be so easily overlooked within Christian fellowship - and yet that is the whole point of all of this!  Family, love, fun and joy.  

True, in this life we may suffer and be oppressed.  But we weren't designed with this in mind.  In the next life, there will be so much joy, peace, fun, singing, dancing, games, humour, creativity and playing that it will make everything else in this world look very dull in comparison.  Ways to have fun that we cannot even perceive with our limited experience of this place.

Rather than think "what does fun look like for a Christian", rather ask yourself "what do I find fun?"  And, if it doesn't contradict the Word, then do it - relieve your heart from the heaviness of day-today life!  It doesn't need to be a "Bible Quiz" or painting Noah's Ark in order to be acceptable to God, hehe.  But, as long as it doesn't contradict His teachings, I'm sure His blessing will rest on you. So enjoy your hobby, games and hanging out with friends knowing that your capacity and desire to have fun was designed by Him.

Love & Shalom

Brilliantly put....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Usually, when a person has fun and enjoys what he is doing, he wants to include others to be with him. The fun I am learning to have more and more of is simply basking in His salvation. I want to include as many as I can to join me. It is freeing, and it is fun to watch others enslaved become free. It means I can become not merely friendly with others---as the world is---but friends with them, as Jesus is with us. That is fun!

From a favorite singer of mine...... “I got this thing in my heart, I must share it today — it only lives when you give it away”

If “Misery loves company”—— that goes double for happiness! 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 minutes ago, Jostler said:

i used to wonder how God felt about fun too.  Then i noticed a giraffe.....

Let us not forget the “ duck billed platypus”

Also....no one will ever be able to convince me that God did not laugh when Adam named the animals and came up with the name “ Aarvark”...... lol....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Let us not forget the “ duck billed platypus”

Also....no one will ever be able to convince me that God did not laugh when Adam named the animals and came up with the name “ Aarvark”...... lol....

*&**# Abby beat me to the punch!    Have not been this upset since lovable “ Buddy” the Mouse was murdered....

• Haha 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

which reminds me...

There once was a man whose life and prayers so pleased God that He visited him in a dream and told him to ask for anything he wanted. S the guy thought and thought...and finally said

"Lord, You know I've always been a bit leery of flying, and I don't know how to swim, so boats make me nervous too.  It's been a lifelong dream to see the  beauty of Hawaii.  Would y0u  build a bridge from San Diego to Hawaii for me so i can drive?"

And the Lord responded

"Are you sure that's what you  really  want?  You know that's a LOT of resources to spend just for a Hawaiian vacation.  Think  a bit longer son...see if you can come up with something better than that."

So, he thought a while more and finally said

Lord I got it!  You know I've never been able to understand women.  I have never had a girlfriend, always been so awkward around girls i gave up  on ever being married.  I'd like to ask You to explain women to me, inside and out....teach me how they tick so maybe I can develop a healthy relationship with one...maybe even have a family!

And God said

"You want that bridge two lanes or four?"

Edited by Jostler
  • Haha 1