• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/17/2019 at 6:38 AM, Raven said:

Childlike is of innocence (in-no-sense) of this world, and explores it.

While the childish is a by-product of this world, and exploits it.

I see. Thank you!

On 11/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, Revlori said:

This is going to vary widely in what people decide to consider is fun. Let me try to give an example without knowing just what type of fun a person is referring to.

Take the sport of fishing, that's fun for many people. But along with fishing comes rules that must be followed. Now if one decided to fish without purchasing a proper licenses as well as catch fish, this is breaking man's law. Also this leads to sin. Why? God's word says: 

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV)

Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Now pertaining to fishing ( not matters that go against God's word or laws) if one breaks the law of man they also sin. Does that make since? We As Christians live in this world, but don't do what non-Christian's do. We obey the laws of the land to honor God in all We do. Because of our love for God, we have fun the right way as well as set examples for others who are watching to see what Christians really do. This may win some to the Lord? 

I hope this helps, but if not, would you like to share an example of something fun, that could become sin that I might be able to better answer this?

God bless ?

That does help. Thank you!

On 11/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, Debp said:

Of course, God wants us to have fun.   God is always with us....even when we are doing fun activities.

"Of course."    I appreciate your "of course."   I guess I need to see God more like you do.  

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

That does help. Thank you!

Welcome ?

On 11/16/2019 at 12:31 PM, DustyRoad said:

Hi @ContinuingCorletta! It wasn't that long ago when I was faced with such concerns myself. What's fun, and what isn't?

Here goes … I've shared a few stories of life out here on the forums, events which as zany and outlandish as they might seem are nevertheless the truth. "The Trespasser" is probably the best example of how things transpire out here sometimes... yep, insane. Remembering that day still reduces me to tearful laughter! :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

One of the five dogs who lives here happens to be a super-sized clown. He loves me so much he pulls all manner of stunts which often leave me howling with laughter. He learned how to open doors as a puppy and so what does he do now? He opens doors for other dogs, of course. :emot-eek:

Another one of those five dogs has decided that it's her duty to follow me everywhere and pester me for attention. She's so terrifically cute (like a teddy bear), how can I resist? It's impossible to get any work done outdoors if she isn't prevented from stalking me. Halp! :blink:

This is the life God gave to me sister so I'll add my voice to others and answer yes, there's no doubt that the Lord intends for us to have fun. As for what fun should look like? I live in a farm setting so that's one example of what fun looks like. Watching the dogs and the livestock chase off a trespasser or confronting my adorable canine minion when she decides to abscond with car keys, boxes of Kleenex, or a sleeve of crackers is what I do for fun out here! 

I don't like giggling at the misfortune of others unless the one who experienced that is laughing about it themselves. Laugh with those who laugh and comfort those who weep. I'm not aware of any hard, fast rules Corletta, so I think we ought to judge things as we're led by the Lord. :) 

On 11/16/2019 at 12:57 PM, Abdicate said:

God doesn't want you to sin. Is sin fun? You bet! But only to the flesh. God's fun includes the spirit and the soul, which far surpasses anything of the flesh.

I understand what you are saying. Thanks.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Willa said:

Churches often have softball teams, picnics, camps with zip lines and plays, pranks on other cabins, play spoons or basketball, volley ball, flag football, movies or anything that is moral and tasteful.  "A merry heart does good like a medicine."  

amen! thanks!

On 11/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, Abby-Joy said:
If our fun doesn't violate His principles, there's nothing wrong with it. :)
I'd say that God wants us to have fun.

Proverbs 15:13
“A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.”

Proverbs 17:22
“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”

Amen! Thank you!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/15/2019 at 10:51 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

Does God want us to have fun?   What is fun supposed to look like for a Christian?  

No! God doesn't want us to have fun. He hates us and loves when we're bored, frustrated.

Actually, we have an abundant, joyful, fun life in Jesus. Have fun however you like that isn't sin.

• Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

@ContinuingCorletta  Greetings...  Father very certainly wants us to enjoy our lives, but in a manner that is acceptable to Him.  He gave us the Holy Spirit to instruct us and guide us in the way we should go.  He gives us Wisdom. :)

Amen. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

No! God doesn't want us to have fun. He hates us and loves when we're bored, frustrated.

Actually, we have an abundant, joyful, fun life in Jesus. Have fun however you like that isn't sin.

Yes, I guess the opposite of fun shows that He does want us to have fun. :)