• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, sapphire15 said:

I've been struggling over the issue of forgiveness and I wonder if this has been part of the reason I've been having health issues. 

From scripture my understanding is that we are to be forgiving of our brother and sister in Christ, but some say its anyone who has hurt us in the past or is hurting us in the present. 

I feel paralysed and stuck on some major issues.    Could it be because I haven't resolved this issue of what it means to forgive.

I forgave one person for example but they want to meet up regularly and I just don't feel I can.   

It feels like I lose myself or am not really sure who I am in some relationships. 

Can anyone offer any help?? 

Thanks. 

When someone repents of their sin, there is no reason not to forgive them, as far as I can tell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 11/16/2019 at 12:37 PM, sapphire15 said:

I've been struggling over the issue of forgiveness and I wonder if this has been part of the reason I've been having health issues. 

From scripture my understanding is that we are to be forgiving of our brother and sister in Christ, but some say its anyone who has hurt us in the past or is hurting us in the present. 

I feel paralysed and stuck on some major issues.    Could it be because I haven't resolved this issue of what it means to forgive.

I forgave one person for example but they want to meet up regularly and I just don't feel I can.   

It feels like I lose myself or am not really sure who I am in some relationships. 

Can anyone offer any help?? 

Thanks. 

Hello Sapphire15

It seems to me that your answer is in your question.

For sure harboring unforgiveness , hatred, resentments for others can effect us quite directly in our health.

Our negative emotions can effect our body and cause a lot of illness.

But the good news is that by searching your heart with the help of our father God and His Only begotten Son our Lord and savior Christ Jesus, and the Holy Spirit of God, we can be healed. The Holy Spirit of God is very gentle in helping us to search our hearts when we ask Him for help to find understanding and healing. He will guide us through His Word, through gently nudging us through our conscious, as we keep an ongoing prayer/talk relationship with Him, and through people He places in our life.

Every new day we are placed with new tests of faith.

Sometime we pass the test of faith and sometimes we fail, when we fail, the test of faith, it will keep coming back up in different ways,scenarios, until we have learnt to overcome a particular test of faith.

As virtue that is not tested is not true virtue.

What I write you is what i have had to learn also. and it took time for me to finally one day get the understanding that unlocked Gods healing.

But it is a constant relationship with our Lord and Savior that will keep guiding us in the right direction.

daily challenges, are an ongoing thing that we are faced to deal with. How we deal with it make all the difference.

But one sure thing is the key of FORGIVENESS is what opens the doors to healing of all kinds.

And for sure we all have been stuck at one point or several times in our life, and some are still stuck and refuse to even try and consider their own lack of forgiveness towards their fellowman. Many times miss-placed pride is the culprit of keeping us from finding Gods loving solution. But Gods solution is indicated Through Gods Holy Scriptures and that is, that forgiveness is so detrimental to our physical and spiritual well being.

Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior kept mentioning it over ad over the importance of forgiving, even till His last Words when He said : Luke 23:34 "Father , forgive them for they know not what they do. Math 5:46" Christ Jesus said: "It is easy to forgive our friends, even thieves do that, but I call you to love those who have done you wrong.. by this they will know that you are Mine . Christ Jesus said   "If you don't forgive your brother/sister, neither will Your Father in Heave forgive you."Math 6:15

We are all sinners in need of a Savior. As we keep going to Him, knocking on His door, asking for His help, His forgiveness towards us and our forgiveness towards others, He WILL open that door, ( His Word says so and His Word is TRUTH) and will bring clarity, understanding, and healing to our body, soul and mind. We just have to keep doing our part in having a living daily relationship with Him and trust that He will see us through any difficulty that presents itself in our life.

A christian book explaining the links between sickness and unforgivenss is: "A More Excellent Way"by Henry Wright.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thank you very much for your kind replies.   After reading them what is uppermost in my mind, is once a person has forgiven someone else, how to best approach recovery from the hurt?    

Are there any general principles to remember? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, sapphire15 said:

After reading them what is uppermost in my mind, is once a person has forgiven someone else, how to best approach recovery from the hurt?    

Do you mean how do you deal with the hurt they have inflicted or that you've inflicted? 

Also, without divulging details, do you means its emotional hurt (like betrayal etc) or physical? 

Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

19 minutes ago, sapphire15 said:

Thank you very much for your kind replies.   After reading them what is uppermost in my mind, is once a person has forgiven someone else, how to best approach recovery from the hurt?    

I think Jesus speaks to each one of us differently. When you read his Word, and I read his Word, his "love letter" to us is personal. We all hurt in different ways, and the same solution may not be applicable to everyone of us. We must go to the One who was hurt the most and pour out to him how we are struggling, and ask him to help us in our suffering. Don't give up, but keep praying. He hears us and knows how to respond to us. :)

• Loved it! 1

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, sapphire15 said:

It is possible for example hatred can effect the brain and heart and breathing. It can bring stress, and give a person sleepless nights. You have to forgive always.