• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

MARK 7:7 howbeit in vain do they worship ME teaching for doctrines the commandments of men 

MARK 7:9 and HE said unto them full well ---YOU REJECT THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD---that you may keep your own tradition 

MATTHEW 10:37 he that loveth father or mother ---MORE THAN ME--- is not worthy of ME he that loveth son or daughter ---MORE THAN ME--- is not worthy of ME 

JOHN 14:15 ---IF YOU LOVE ME---keep MY commandments 

JOHN 5:42 but I know you ---THAT YOU HAVE NOT THE LOVE OF GOD IN YOU---5:43--I am come in MY FATHERS name and you receive ME not if another shall come in his own name him you will receive 

LUKE 21:36 watch you therefore --AND PRAY-- always that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to --- stand before THE SON OF MAN 

PHILIPPIANS 2:21 for all seek their own ---NOT THE THINGS WHICH ARE JESUS CHRISTS---

1 THESSALONIANS 3:8 for now we live --IF-- we stand fast in THE LORD

EPHESIANS 4:13 ---TILL WE ALL COME IN THE UNITY OF FAITH--- and of the knowledge of THE SON OF GOD unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of the ---FULLNESS OF CHRIST---

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Note well, the focus is on the genuine Jesus Christ and not as much the behavior of fallen

sin natured human beings.

The traditions of man teach a false Jesus or false things about the true Jesus.

This was why he silenced the demons who proclaimed him the Holy One of Israel...

At worst it could lead to a false Jesus... at best, it would legitimize those making he proclamation

and then the lies they tell would appear believable. 

If hypocrisy is the sole thrust of these verses...

we ALL have real trouble.

The Law was meant in part to expose to us just how wicked WE are.

"Who me?"

Yes you. Yes me.

Then the flurry of excuses and rabbit trail arguments we try to convince ourselves and others about 

how good we are comes...

We are all hypcrites.

Only God only Jesus is not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Btw the commandment of God is to believe in the one who he sent.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t think people know how “rampant” and deep the hypocrisy actually is in the Church. I’m writing a book about one of the most powerful Christian organizations in this country that many have never heard of, but they have a lot of influence and they maintain their reputation by threatening people who find out about their secrets. It’s very sad the way a lot of our leaders use Christianity for profit and self-promotion.

We need to be proactive in holding these hypocritical leaders accountable.

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Well Said! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

20 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Btw the commandment of God is to believe in the one who he sent.

There is also a responsibility to identify the wolves.  And deal with them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 2

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

There is also a responsibility to identify the wolves.  And deal with them.

The command of paramount importance is our faith in Jesus.

All else we can and do come up short on.

But his Grace abounds... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

The command of paramount importance is our faith in Jesus.

All else we can and do come up short on.

But his Grace abounds... 

no argument there...but saying that absolves us of all other responsibilities doesn't wash.  There's been a "head in the sand" attitude toward problems in congregations, coverups instead of justice, and outright infiltration by satanists for way too long now.

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jostler said:

no argument there...but saying that absolves us of all other responsibilities doesn't wash.  There's been a "head in the sand" attitude toward problems in congregations, coverups instead of justice, and outright infiltration by satanists for way too long now.

Did I say we are absolved?

Did I not quote 1 Corinthians 6:20?

I even spelled it out.

Please stop reading into my posts what is not there

or what I never said. 

Thank you. :)

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Jostler said:

There's been a "head in the sand" attitude toward problems in congregations, coverups instead of justice, and outright infiltration by satanists for way too long now.

Wow! If any truly born again child of God was mistakenly "in" a church like you describe, ...the Holy Spirit would tell them to leave immediately!

My church back in the States dealt with sin in a believer's life according to the way given to the Church in 1 Cor 5, ...a dear sister was in an adulterous affair and was put out of the church, ...the pastor had listened to the demands of his wife and put the church in financial debt and was forced to resign...,

...hypocrisy has always been "rampant" in organizations of man's "religion:"

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Tim 3:5

...but in Christ's Blood Bought Church the Holy Spirit is the "Sargent of Arms" and He "sees" everything and He "corrects" everything He sees:

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Gal 6:7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does the Bible say about hypocrisy?"

Answer: 
In essence, “hypocrisy” refers to the act of claiming to believe something but acting in a different manner. The word is derived from the Greek term for “actor”—literally, “one who wears a mask”—in other words, someone who pretends to be what he is not.

The Bible calls hypocrisy a sin. There are two forms hypocrisy can take: that of professing belief in something and then acting in a manner contrary to that belief, and that of looking down on others when we ourselves are flawed.

The prophet Isaiah condemned the hypocrisy of his day: “The Lord says, ‘These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men’” (Isaiah 29:13). Centuries later, Jesus quoted this verse, aiming the same condemnation at the religious leaders of His day (Matthew 15:8-9). John the Baptist refused to give hypocrites a pass, telling them to produce “fruits worthy of repentance” (Luke 3:8). Jesus took an equally staunch stand against sanctimony—He called hypocrites “wolves in sheep’s clothing” (Matthew 7:15), “whitewashed tombs” (Matthew 23:27), “snakes,” and “brood of vipers” (Matthew 23:33).

We cannot say we love God if we do not love our brothers (1 John 2:9). Love must be “without hypocrisy” (Romans 12:9, NKJV). A hypocrite may look righteous on the outside, but it is a façade. True righteousness comes from the inner transformation of the Holy Spirit not an external conformity to a set of rules (Matthew 23:5; 2 Corinthians 3:8).

Jesus addressed the other form of hypocrisy in the Sermon on the Mount: “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye” (Matthew 7:3-5). Jesus is not teaching against discernment or helping others overcome sin; instead, He is telling us not be so prideful and convinced of our own goodness that we criticize others from a position of self-righteousness. We should do some introspection first and correct our own shortcomings before we go after the “specks” in others (cf. Romans 2:1).

During Jesus’ earthly ministry, He had many run-ins with the religious leaders of the day, the Pharisees. These men were well versed in the Scriptures and zealous about following every letter of the Law (Acts 26:5). However, in adhering to the letter of the Law, they actively sought loopholes that allowed them to violate the spirit of the Law. Also, they displayed a lack of compassion toward their fellow man and were often overly demonstrative of their so-called spirituality in order to garner praise (Matthew 23:5–7; Luke 18:11). Jesus denounced their behavior in no uncertain terms, pointing out that “justice, mercy, and faithfulness” are more important than pursuing a perfection based on faulty standards (Matthew 23:23). Jesus made it clear that the problem was not with the Law but the way in which the Pharisees implemented it (Matthew 23:2-3). Today, the word pharisee has become synonymous with hypocrite.

It must be noted that hypocrisy is not the same as taking a stand against sin. For example, it is not hypocrisy to teach that drunkenness is a sin, unless the one teaching against drunkenness gets drunk every weekend—that would be hypocrisy.

As children of God, we are called to strive for holiness (1 Peter 1:16). We are to “hate what is evil” and “cling to what is good” (Romans 12:9). We should never imply an acceptance of sin, especially in our own lives. All we do should be consistent with what we believe and who we are in Christ. Play-acting is meant for the stage, not for real life.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-hypocrisy.html

Edited by missmuffet