IGNORED

Report: 2.5 Billion Christians Worldwide! Christianity Booming, Atheism Declining!

Xavier

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1989

Well, Wow, this is good news. Do pray for millions more to come to know and love Jesus Christ by faith, and to daily grow and persevere in His Love forever. Your thoughts on the report?

Taken from: https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/christianity-booming-atheism-declining-around-the-world-report-says.html

"Christianity Booming, Atheism Declining around the World, Report Says

The headlines might declare that Christianity is declining in the United States, but new research shows it’s growing faster than the population around the world – and atheism and agnosticism are on a gradual decline.

The 2019 Status of Global Christianity report shows there were 2.5 billion Christians in the world as of mid-2019 – a major increase from the 1.98 billion Christians in 2000 and more than double the number of Christians (1.2 billion) in 1970. Christianity is growing worldwide at a rate of 1.27 percent each year and outpacing population growth (1.20 percent) – and is booming in Africa (2.37 percent), Asia (2.79 percent) and Latin America (2.29 percent).

By comparison, there were 138 million atheists around the world in mid-2019 – slightly more than the 137 million in 2000 but less than the 165 million in 1970. Atheism’s annual growth (.04 percent) is less than that of the population, and the number of atheists worldwide is projected to decline to 132 million in 2025.

Agnosticism and those affiliated with the “nonreligionists” category also are on the descent, according to the report. 

The Status of Global Christianity report is released by the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. 

A Pew Research Center study this month showed the percentage of American adults who call themselves Christian has declined the past decade, from 77 percent to 65 percent, while the percentage of U.S. adults who identify as atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular” has risen from 17 percent to 26 percent in that same span.

Globally, though, the data is opposite of the Pew data, according to the Status of Global Christianity report. 

There were 716 million agnostics in the world as of mid-2019, but by 2025 that is projected to fall to 707 million. Nonreligionists numbered 854 million this year but are expected to fall to 839 million by 2025.

Much of Christianity’s growth is due to its surge in other continents. Africa (119 million) and Asia (160 million) each have more Christians than North America (100 million).

Among Christian traditions, evangelicalism (2.19 percent) and Pentecostalism/charismatic Christianity (2.26 percent) are growing faster than Protestantism (1.61 percent) and Roman Catholicism (1.02 percent).

Despite the positive data for Christianity, the report showed its growth in cities isn’t as dramatic. The global urban population is growing at a rate of 2.15 percent, more than the growth of Christianity in those cities (1.58 percent)."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

It is always encouraging to see an increase, but the question still remains: are they real Christians or just take the name of being a Christian when questioned?   We will never know tat answer, yet we are told that there will be a falling away from the truth, that many are lukewarm, and that not many will find the truth.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The word "Christian" has lost its significance. Anyone can call themselves a Christian. It is the true born again Christian who has a daily relationship with God and who God controls their everyday life I would define as a real Christian. 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Luke 13:23-24 And someone said to Jesus, Lord, are there just a "FEW" who are  being Saved?" And Jesus said to them,

"Strive to enter by the NARROW GATE (JESUS), for many (Who think their True believers) I tell you will seek to enter and not be able">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus said,13 "Enter by the narrow gate (JESUS CHRIST), for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction and "MANY" are those (WHO think they are true believers) who enter by it.

14 "For the gate (Jesus Christ) is small and the way (Jesus Christ) is narrow that leads to life, and "FEW" ( Greek - Oligos - Opposite of MANY) are those who find it".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus said (To believers) ,"Not everyone who says to me "LORD, LORD," will enter the kingdom ,but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me on that day, LORD,LORD, did we not prophecy in your name, and in your name cast out many demons, and in your name perform many miracles?

23 And I will declare to them, I never knew you, "DEPARY FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Peter 4:18 "And if it is with DIFFICULTY (Greek - molis - Hardly possible without God's help) that (EVEN) the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner?

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Reformation 2.0 said:

i have to agree with the commentators , anyone can join christianity but that doesn't make them a christian right away.

What makes a person a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.  

If someone has not accepted Jesus yet as their Lord and Saviour.. then they are not born again.. and therefore not a Christian..  regardless of what term they might call themselves.. or how good their character is.. or what good things they may or may not do.

It is the accepting of Jesus as Lord and Saviour that makes a person a Christian.

Sorry just wanted to mention that.  Not meant as a lecture or anything!  :)

Btw. welcome to worthy!  :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 11/17/2019 at 5:42 PM, Xavier said:

Well, Wow, this is good news. Do pray for millions more to come to know and love Jesus Christ by faith, and to daily grow and persevere in His Love forever. Your thoughts on the report?

Taken from: https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/christianity-booming-atheism-declining-around-the-world-report-says.html

"Christianity Booming, Atheism Declining around the World, Report Says

The headlines might declare that Christianity is declining in the United States, but new research shows it’s growing faster than the population around the world – and atheism and agnosticism are on a gradual decline.

The 2019 Status of Global Christianity report shows there were 2.5 billion Christians in the world as of mid-2019 – a major increase from the 1.98 billion Christians in 2000 and more than double the number of Christians (1.2 billion) in 1970. Christianity is growing worldwide at a rate of 1.27 percent each year and outpacing population growth (1.20 percent) – and is booming in Africa (2.37 percent), Asia (2.79 percent) and Latin America (2.29 percent).

By comparison, there were 138 million atheists around the world in mid-2019 – slightly more than the 137 million in 2000 but less than the 165 million in 1970. Atheism’s annual growth (.04 percent) is less than that of the population, and the number of atheists worldwide is projected to decline to 132 million in 2025.

Agnosticism and those affiliated with the “nonreligionists” category also are on the descent, according to the report. 

The Status of Global Christianity report is released by the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. 

A Pew Research Center study this month showed the percentage of American adults who call themselves Christian has declined the past decade, from 77 percent to 65 percent, while the percentage of U.S. adults who identify as atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular” has risen from 17 percent to 26 percent in that same span.

Globally, though, the data is opposite of the Pew data, according to the Status of Global Christianity report. 

There were 716 million agnostics in the world as of mid-2019, but by 2025 that is projected to fall to 707 million. Nonreligionists numbered 854 million this year but are expected to fall to 839 million by 2025.

Much of Christianity’s growth is due to its surge in other continents. Africa (119 million) and Asia (160 million) each have more Christians than North America (100 million).

Among Christian traditions, evangelicalism (2.19 percent) and Pentecostalism/charismatic Christianity (2.26 percent) are growing faster than Protestantism (1.61 percent) and Roman Catholicism (1.02 percent).

Despite the positive data for Christianity, the report showed its growth in cities isn’t as dramatic. The global urban population is growing at a rate of 2.15 percent, more than the growth of Christianity in those cities (1.58 percent)."

You need to sit down and read that article again. 

Globally as a whole Christianity is growing .07 per cent more than global population growth. I.e it's pretty much stagnant growth wise. In Europe and America it's in reasonably sharp decline , that decline has pretty much null and voided the growth in Africa and Asia etc.

What you need to be taking notice of is the rate at which Islam is growing. Feel free to google the studies. We cant keep up. I think I saw somewhere that at the current rate it'll be about 2050 that the number of muslims will match Christian's. The kingdom of Islam is reproducing at a prolific rate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

A lot depends on how they define Christian, by what parameters they use, and how they word their questions.  

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

To dove tail some on what Willa said above: I hear credible reports Christianity is spreading rapidly in repressed nations; such as N. Korea, Iran and many other Muslim nations [all under the threat of death]. 

All polls I've seen show "claimed" Christianity declining in the United States, down to 75%, the last poll I've seen. But like Willa stated and to paraphrase, "the details are in the parameters and how the question is asked". Polls I've seen with the breakdowns of what these Christians believe, 60% of the respondents do not hold to the core tenets and beliefs of the faith for Salvation. 

If the poll's I'm seeing reflect 75% of Americans claim to be Christian... Why are we in the shape morally and spiritually we're in? How are laws getting enacted calling good evil, and evil good? Why are 75% claiming the name of Christian, allowing society and government to kick God out of everywhere? 

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Ordinary citizens of any country have the power to change the regime they are under, even when millions mass together. Also, it only takes a few in power to oppress and harm the many. We see this in our own countries all the time.

I'm glad you see the wisdom and foresight of our founding fathers creating our 2nd Amendment; to combat tyranny and preserve our other rights. We see globally [China, Russia, Germany, N. Korea, Muslim nations] what happens when people amass to protest their treatment, with mass slaughter and a harsher regime. People that allowed their countries to confiscate [Canada, England, Australia, etc.] their weapons for self defense and government tyranny, are sheep awaiting the slaughter when the government turns against them, as always happens. 

2 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

I don’t know, but we’re in the latter days and sadly, I believe deception and evil will increase.  

Matthew 24:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

427638C1-45BC-41A5-A78F-ECB5D6B62BF3.gif.4d87e22ed5653ca63f78917310721607.gif

And if you were a biblical statistician, what would you perceive the odds as  :D