• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Dear Revlori,

I have written Richard's son, Michael who, when he was only a small child, was left without home or food because the communists offered no help to families whose husband or father was imprisoned. They told Richard that his son was dead. His monthly letter is freely published to those who sign up for it:

http://helpforrefugees.com

Michael is the director

God bless you sister for taking an active part in praying for these great martyrs. These men and women are not only those who die for Christ, but suffer and live for the glory of God. 

Yes, in the documentary I have, his son tells so much about his father and mother and the things that happened to him as well. Amazing, is the only word that comes to mind. God is amazing and a changed heart that shows God's love this way is what I indeed desire and will work for through Christ.

I went the the website,I loved it. I will pass it on and I can only encourage everyone here to check it out. It will be worth it. We all need encouragement and his story ( and the entire website) will indeed do this.

God bless ?

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

With God anything is possible. 

• Group:  Senior Member

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

With God anything is possible. 

Amen and Amen...isn't this something, this is so small but means everything.

Thank you and God bless ?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I will share an opinion: Love is how we treat people, not how we feel about them. Maybe that will make it easier.

Now that’s a keeper! Great Wisdom shown there.......I will be stealing that thought in future posts! Lol....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Now that’s a keeper! Great Wisdom shown there.......I will be stealing that thought in future posts! Lol....

[19] Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
[20] No, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head."
[21] Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Rom 12:19-21 RSV

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

[19] Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
[20] No, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head."
[21] Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Rom 12:19-21 RSV

“ Kill them with Kindness” has been a part of my arsenal for many years....not easy to use  sometimes, but it is effective ....

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I've often felt that forgiveness and loving one's enemies is very much an action rather than a feeling. Choosing to act against human nature and your present feelings to do something nice for someone who's wronged you, even if it's just praying for their wellbeing, is a very meaningful act.

When I first got on disability I had a pretty huge amount of backpay, but because of my history of depression I wasn't able to personally manage my funds. My mother did that. Unfortunately she either gave into temptation and blew through it all or one of my sisters got access and used it. They blamed each other for it and were probably both involved. My mother accepted the responsibility for it, wanted to make amends and gradually pay it back, and because of that we eventually became friends.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I will share an opinion: Love is how we treat people, not how we feel about them. Maybe that will make it easier.

Excellent insight.   

love-bible-verse-21.jpg.e8316510a5f7df479461eafa034383f3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I've often felt that forgiveness and loving one's enemies is very much an action rather than a feeling. Choosing to act against human nature and your present feelings to do something nice for someone who's wronged you, even if it's just praying for their wellbeing, is a very meaningful act.

When I first got on disability I had a pretty huge amount of backpay, but because of my history of depression I wasn't able to personally manage my funds. My mother did that. Unfortunately she either gave into temptation and blew through it all or one of my sisters got access and used it. They blamed each other for it and were probably both involved. My mother accepted the responsibility for it, wanted to make amends and gradually pay it back, and because of that we eventually became friends.

Amen Sister, I agree that it is a purposeful action that we must do. Putting our feelings aside( as we all know) isn't easy but it is done as we open our hearts to forgive them and then yes, even praying for them can be the greatest step toward loving them.

Thank you for sharing your view and testimony ( positive encouragement always helps motivate others toward doing right ) and may God bless you ? 

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Excellent insight.   

love-bible-verse-21.jpg.e8316510a5f7df479461eafa034383f3.jpg

AMEN...Thank you for sharing this! May God bless you ?

• Loved it! 1