• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Hello everyone!

I know their has been a lot of discussion about enemies, but I have been asked How do you love your enemies?

Before I answer this, I'm asking all of you for your response,your advice and Godly wisdom to this question.

These People are really being attacked by a couple, they (the enemies)have said bad lies about them and have cost them much. They are willing to forgive them( the enemies), even though the (enemies) would never ask, However they are struggling with loving them. The enemies continue to tear down, lie and make things horrible for this person and family. They can not separate themselves from this couple for reasons I will not share.They need much prayer, but they also need advice. Before I answer them, I'd like to ask you all ( as my friends in Christ) to share a personal testimony that would encourage them as well.I

Thank you, looking forward to your advice, wisdom,encouragement and testimonies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Hello everyone!

I know their has been a lot of discussion about enemies, but I have been asked How do you love your enemies?

Before I answer this, I'm asking all of you for your response,your advice and Godly wisdom to this question.

These People are really being attacked by a couple, they (the enemies)have said bad lies about them and have cost them much. They are willing to forgive them( the enemies), even though the (enemies) would never ask, However they are struggling with loving them. The enemies continue to tear down, lie and make things horrible for this person and family. They can not separate themselves from this couple for reasons I will not share.They need much prayer, but they also need advice. Before I answer them, I'd like to ask you all ( as my friends in Christ) to share a personal testimony that would encourage them as well.I

Thank you, looking forward to your advice, wisdom,encouragement and testimonies.

These things cannot be done by us, but only in the power of the Holy Spirit. I learned more from the book, "Tortured for Christ," by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand---who suffered in the hands of communist torturers for 14 years, with unspeakable tortures, than from any other telling. Yet, by the grace of God Richard was able to show love to these brute beasts, who could beat these men for eight hours a day with the very same hand that they could caress and love their wives with in the evening. He loved them, and brought many to Christ. His story is compelling. The book is free. It has absolutely changed my life. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

These things cannot be done by us, but only in the power of the Holy Spirit. I learned more from the book, "Tortured for Christ," by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand---who suffered in the hands of communist torturers for 14 years, with unspeakable tortures, than from any other telling. Yet, by the grace of God Richard was able to show love to these brute beasts, who could beat these men for eight hours a day with the very same hand that they could caress and love their wives with in the evening. He loved them, and brought many to Christ. His story is compelling. The book is free. It has absolutely changed my life. 

Oh I read that ( also watched his entire documentary )and you are right. His Godly love for his enemies was amazing.

Thank you dear friend, I believe I still have that somewhere, I will pass this along.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Well, some are certainly easier to love than others. I think love takes time and effort. The general idea of forgiving and loving is the "seed," per say. The time and effort, the water and sunlight. I think a bit of self-criticism can be good, too, despite how that might sound; I've been either at fault or partially at fault in the past for things not going well.

I guess I don't really have a good, interactive testimony. I know that sounds bad... Maybe I'm still a bit too green to the idea, but most forgiveness and love comes after the fact, and often when they aren't much of a presence in my life anymore. Former classmates, former coworkers/employers, my brother... Haven't been in school for a time, don't work at those places anymore, and I don't live with or near my brother. So, no dice, really. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Many Missionaries in Iran have been imprisoned and tortured for years.....some are released or manage to escape to another country. Then they go right back......THAT is heroism.They seldom get any notice- we are too busy handing out “ Oscars” and “ People’s Choice” awards.Tom Cruise is a hero because he sometimes does his own stunts.Whoopee.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Many Missionaries in Iran have been imprisoned and tortured for years.....some are released or manage to escape to another country. Then they go right back......THAT is heroism.They seldom get any notice- we are too busy handing out “ Oscars” and “ People’s Choice” awards.Tom Cruise is a hero because he sometimes does his own stunts.Whoopee.

True indeed. Richard told his suffering brothers that he felt they needed him more than being set free, but the brethren there told him he must go to the West and share what took place because it was done in such secrecy. So, he went to the United States, having been ransomed for $10,000. He bore, from his waist up, before a Senate Sub-committee, the tortures he endured, and it was because of the West, in part, that Communism fell.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello everyone!

I will share an opinion: Love is how we treat people, not how we feel about them. Maybe that will make it easier.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

True indeed. Richard told his suffering brothers that he felt they needed him more than being set free, but the brethren there told him he must go to the West and share what took place because it was done in such secrecy. So, he went to the United States, having been ransomed for $10,000. He bore, from his waist up, before a Senate Sub-committee, the tortures he endured, and it was because of the West, in part, that Communism fell.

Dear friend I did find them and took time to rewatch the documentary. Through tears I to see that I need improvement in loving my enemies. This is a great tool.I Thank you for bringing it to my attention. God is good and he knows what we need. Thank you for being obedient to him and an encouragement to me and I to can encourage other's.

I also loved his wife's quote ( being a Christian is not like going to a gym from 2 to 4, being a Christian is always especially showing Christ in the most difficult times to those who hurt us the most.)

God bless ?

• Loved it! 1

28 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I will share an opinion: Love is how we treat people, not how we feel about them. Maybe that will make it easier.

Yes I agree with that, I believe love is sacrifice and toward our enemies one must sacrifice (feelings) and do what is right. 

Thank you and God bless ?

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Dear friend I did find them and took time to rewatch the documentary. Through tears I to see that I need improvement in loving my enemies. This is a great tool.I Thank you for bringing it to my attention. God is good and he knows what we need. Thank you for being obedient to him and an encouragement to me and I to can encourage other's.

I also loved his wife's quote ( being a Christian is not like going to a gym from 2 to 4, being a Christian is always especially showing Christ in the most difficult times to those who hurt us the most.)

God bless ?

Dear Revlori,

I have written Richard's son, Michael who, when he was only a small child, was left without home or food because the communists offered no help to families whose husband or father was imprisoned. They told Richard that his son was dead. His monthly letter is freely published to those who sign up for it:

http://helpforrefugees.com

Michael is the director

God bless you sister for taking an active part in praying for these great martyrs. These men and women are not only those who die for Christ, but suffer and live for the glory of God. 

Edited by Coliseum
  • Thanks 1