• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,904
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On the subject of monarchies, they are a fact of life. I have observed from the OT accounts of kings and queens and from historical records right up to the modern day, that monarchies are breeding grounds for corruption, deception, and exploitation. Some of the things that monarchs have done have been extremely evil, and some of these evil things have been done in the name of God. Henry VIII of England was a particularly nasty piece of work, who like so many monarchs, practised a form of piety when it suited him, and indulged in works of the flesh and facilitated Satan's agenda when so inclined at other times. This is the human condition, but having the wealth, power, prestige and authority that they do, monarchs and their families are always going to have difficulty abiding in Christ, which is why they need our prayers. Prince Charles and his wife Duchess Camilla are currently touring NZ so may God bring enlightenment to them and help them to serve both Him and the public according to His will.        

1Ti 2:1-4
(1)  Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
(2)  for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
(3)  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
(4)  who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
image.png.8a4e519d9067bf97c99eb706e75e0ea0.png

Sourced from NZ Herald Online

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I have observed from the OT accounts of kings and queens and from historical records right up to the modern day, that monarchies are breeding grounds for corruption, deception, and exploitation.

Hi,

I don't know about that thought, ( Except that it is good to pray for all in authority).

No monarchy is necessary to  notice corruption in each of us. For each are born totally depraved, product of the curse upon the first man Adam and all his descendants.  All are in need of prayer for the Holy Spirit to come and turn each  about individually from sin against God  to repentance of that sin and to surrendering a knee to Jesus Lord of lords, King  of kings.

My Lord and savior is the King of kings, Lord of lords" To rail against the authority of real monarchies and those of authority in general, seems to be a railing against God for all of such authority as monarchs have are appointed by God, perhaps even including the mock "monarch-ry"  at England today. 

The Kingdom to come of my Lord and savior Jesus is not a democracy. God is the sovereign.

From Paul inspired of God's will; "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.  Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.  For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.  Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed."

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,904
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I don't know about that thought, ( Except that it is good to pray for all in authority).

Hold that thought, Neighbour. For your edification see below how the desire of Israel for a king was a rejection of God's sovereignty, and how it is described in Scripture as evil and wickedness. Likewise praylessness is described as a sin.

Also, consider King Saul in particular, and then go through all the Kings of Israel & Judah one by one, noting those the Bible condemns as evil.

Then peruse the actions of King Herod when wise men of the east came looking for "He who has been born King of the Jews" (Matthew 2:2)  

But most importantly I exhort you, don't ever forget that the kings of the earth commit fornication with the Whore of Babylon, "that great harlot that sits on many waters" (Rev 17:1)  

1Sa 8:4-18
(4)  Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah,
(5)  and said to him, "Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations."
(6)  But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." So Samuel prayed to the LORD.
(7)  And the LORD said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them.
(8)  According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt, even to this day—with which they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also.
(9)  Now therefore, heed their voice. However, you shall solemnly forewarn them, and show them the behavior of the king who will reign over them."

(10)  So Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who asked him for a king.
(11)  And he said, "This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take your sons and appoint them for his own chariots and to be his horsemen, and some will run before his chariots.
(12)  He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and some to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.
(13)  He will take your daughters to be perfumers, cooks, and bakers.
(14)  And he will take the best of your fields, your vineyards, and your olive groves, and give them to his servants.
(15)  He will take a tenth of your grain and your vintage, and give it to his officers and servants.
(16)  And he will take your male servants, your female servants, your finest young men, and your donkeys, and put them to his work.
(17)  He will take a tenth of your sheep. And you will be his servants.
(18)  And you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the LORD will not hear you in that day."

1Sa 12:16-25
(16)  "Now therefore, stand and see this great thing which the LORD will do before your eyes:
(17)  Is today not the wheat harvest? I will call to the LORD, and He will send thunder and rain, that you may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which you have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking a king for yourselves."

(18)  So Samuel called to the LORD, and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day; and all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.
(19)  And all the people said to Samuel, "Pray for your servants to the LORD your God, that we may not die; for we have added to all our sins the evil of asking a king for ourselves."
(20)  Then Samuel said to the people, "Do not fear. You have done all this wickedness; yet do not turn aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart.
(21)  And do not turn aside; for then you would go after empty things which cannot profit or deliver, for they are nothing.
(22)  For the LORD will not forsake His people, for His great name's sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you His people.
(23)  Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.
(24)  Only fear the LORD, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.
(25)  But if you still do wickedly, you shall be swept away, both you and your king."

It occurs that man's monarchies are a necessary evil.

Rev 17:1-2
(1)  Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,
(2)  with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication."
Rev 17:18
(18)  And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."