Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

When looking at Zechariah 14 in verse 4 it shows our Lord Jesus is going to return to this earth and that the mount of Olives will split in two and then later in verses 16 through 19 that one of the things required by our Lord Jesus is that the world keep the Feast of Tabernacles, which is one of God's holy days. I recently kept God's fall holy days, and I yearn for the time when all will do so. It saddens me that so many upon the earth would choose to ignore them at this time in preference to their own holidays based upon worldly traditions. Many will say they only are to be kept by the Jews or will say they were done away with. Yet those days are listed as God's holy days and Zechariah clearly shows that they will be required as part of the worship of the Lord Jesus and that He will punish those who refuse. So how can these days have been abolished if the Lord still requires their observance even in his kingdom?  Why are so many so quick to defend their traditions but are also so quick to ignore the holy days listed throughout scripture?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Why are so many so quick to defend their traditions but are also so quick to ignore the holy days listed throughout scripture?

It's the ol' fear of coming "under the law" nonsense innit.  

Personally, I can't see why anyone "under Grace" would not jump at the chance to celebrate one of Yahweh's Feasts! Even if it's just learning about them each time they come around.  I mean, how awesome that the Creator of the Universe ordained festivals and called them "MY Feasts".  What special occasions!  As well as this prophecies still work around them today, so they teach the past and future in many ways.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose.   Let those who hold to traditions of men get on with Easter and Christmas if they wish.   I understand the point they are making and breaking from the crowd can be very daunting.  But I don't think you'll be able to talk them into doing the Feasts brother.  That's no discredit to your character, but rather this matter needs to come from internal revelation instead of Scripture sharing and logic - as that will go on endlessly.

Anyway, I'm glad you are finding them fruitful though brother.  They are precious times.

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu

19 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

It's the ol' fear of coming "under the law" nonsense innit.  

Personally, I can't see why anyone "under Grace" would not jump at the chance to celebrate one of Yahweh's Feasts! Even if it's just learning about them each time they come around.  I mean, how awesome that the Creator of the Universe ordained festivals and called them "MY Feasts".  What special occasions!  As well as this prophecies still work around them today, so they teach the past and future in many ways.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose.   Let those who hold to traditions of men get on with Easter and Christmas if they wish.   I understand the point they are making and breaking from the crowd can be very daunting.  But I don't think you'll be able to talk them into doing the Feasts brother.  That's no discredit to your character, but rather this matter needs to come from internal revelation instead of Scripture sharing and logic - as that will go on endlessly.

Anyway, I'm glad you are finding them fruitful though brother.  They are precious times.

Love & Shalom

I agree that my words alone and scripture alone will not change hearts and minds, but the Lord can. So in sharing His word, His law, His truth... then perhaps some, even if it is only one, will at least search the scriptures as did the ones mentioned in Acts 17:11. Also there is the hope in God's word found in Isaiah 55:11, perhaps in this prayer and hope I find cause to keep trying praying that His word will not return void.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

3 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I agree that my words alone and scripture alone will not change hearts and minds, but the Lord can. So in sharing His word, His law, His truth... then perhaps some, even if it is only one, will at least search the scriptures as did the ones mentioned in Acts 17:11. Also there is the hope in God's word found in Isaiah 55:11, perhaps in this prayer and hope I find cause to keep trying praying that His word will not return void.

May Almighty Yahweh bless you and yours brother.  I love your heart and hope for getting the truth to the His family.  

You serve as a great example for me to pay attention to. Far too often I resign my heart to thought that some will never listen.  But how can they ever listen, unless someone speaks...

I hope that people hear your heart along with your message and respond thoughtfully, because it really is an awesome subject.

Love & Shalom

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The feasts are there to teach us. We see the Plan of God in them and they point to Christ and the many aspects of Christ.

Keeping them is another thing altogether and should be left up to the individual.

Things like this can and do become a chain around the neck when 'pushed' too hard in zeal.

To focus on any one thing takes eyes off of the Lord of that thing and it becomes 'religion'.

Some people push back, because such attention to any one thing, seems out of whack---and often rightly so.

This is precisely how sects and factions arise. It creates a sense of 'speciality' in hearts.

We are more special than our brothers because we think this way.

Believers should be aware of this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

39 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

May Almighty Yahweh bless you and yours brother.  I love your heart and hope for getting the truth to the His family.  

You serve as a great example for me to pay attention to. Far too often I resign my heart to thought that some will never listen.  But how can they ever listen, unless someone speaks...

I hope that people hear your heart along with your message and respond thoughtfully, because it really is an awesome subject.

Love & Shalom

Thank you for your kind words.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

When looking at Zechariah 14 in verse 4 it shows our Lord Jesus is going to return to this earth and that the mount of Olives will split in two and then later in verses 16 through 19 that one of the things required by our Lord Jesus is that the world keep the Feast of Tabernacles, which is one of God's holy days. I recently kept God's fall holy days, and I yearn for the time when all will do so. It saddens me that so many upon the earth would choose to ignore them at this time in preference to their own holidays based upon worldly traditions. Many will say they only are to be kept by the Jews or will say they were done away with. Yet those days are listed as God's holy days and Zechariah clearly shows that they will be required as part of the worship of the Lord Jesus and that He will punish those who refuse. So how can these days have been abolished if the Lord still requires their observance even in his kingdom?  Why are so many so quick to defend their traditions but are also so quick to ignore the holy days listed throughout scripture?

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.  Colossians 2:16 

Wouldn't this verse be the answer? Saying that we should not  judge others or be judge  by others on  what holidays we keep or don't keep?  There is also something in Romans about this as well. 

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.  Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God .Romans 14:4-6  

It seems to me this would apply.  

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

The first thing I want to say is, back in the States our Church had a Messianic Jewish couple come and we cerebrated Passover with them, ...it was awesome, ...they explained the feast and being born again they also explained how it represented, ...pointed to Jesus.

Now to address your question as to why I don't celebrate the Jewish feasts, ...it's because I have learned to relinquish all authority in/of my life to the Holy Spirit, I'm now following Him, walking in His footsteps, ...and truthfully, ...He hasn't led me, told me to do it.

That also means to follow His admonition to not judge anyone about what feasts, holy days or Sabbaths they keep, ...so I'm happy you have been blessed by the observance.

Years ago we attended a church here that had a Synagog next door, ...it has been my experience, ...when ever I saw one of the Jewish men outside I was "drawn" to them, ...greeted them with  "Shalom" which caused them to always take a second look at me, ...all the while it was like the Holy Spirit was doing flip-flops  inside of my heart,  and I had this sensation I was standing in front of someone that was "very" old is the only way I can explain it, it was like I was standing with Abraham and one of his descendents, ...kind  of like it was like someone out of the Old Testament, ...it probably sounds bizarre, ...but that's the only way I can explain it.

Lord bless  

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.  Colossians 2:16 

Wouldn't this verse be the answer? Saying that we should not  judge others or be judge  by others on  what holidays we keep or don't keep?  There is also something in Romans about this as well. 

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.  Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God .Romans 14:4-6  

It seems to me this would apply.  

Actually the scripture you used doesn't answer the questions posed in my post. I stated that the Lord Jesus will command the world to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. Perhaps our Lord is being too judgmental in his insistence that He be obeyed. But insist he will.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

6 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Actually the scripture you used doesn't answer the questions posed in my post. I stated that the Lord Jesus will command the world to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. Perhaps our Lord is being too judgmental in his insistence that He be obeyed. But insist he will.  

Yes--in the Millennial Age.

This is the Church Age and still the time of the Gentiles.

• Brilliant! 1