• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

How about that? You're telling me how I should love and worship God. Yes, every day I open my eyes is a gift from God … it's holy indeed … and you don't like that. It doesn't fit with Everything According To Tigger56! 

It's okay, I'm not offended by this in the least … but I pray that you'll stop playing the role of adversary, brother. Not sure where it's coming from but edification is very hard to come by in this thread. 

Actually I'm not telling you how you are to love and worship. I was simply telling you what scripture says. This is after all a Christian forum and I thought referring to scripture would be acceptable. I apologize if that offends you it wasn't my attempt. I did agree that everyday is a gift from a Holy God, but I do not agree that everyday is holy. Is it acceptable to disagree with you?  I want to know the ground rules of any discussion with you. Is it being an adversary to be of different opinion that you? An adversary to me is an enemy that isn't my intent, so is everyone that disagrees with you an enemy? And I thought referring to God's word could be edifying. Please tell me what are you looking for?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Gal. 4:21   Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not alisten to the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, aone by the bondwoman and bone by the free woman. 23 But athe son by the bondwoman 1was born according to the flesh, and bthe son by the free woman through the promise. 24 1aThis is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from bMount Sinai bearing children 2who are to be cslaves; 3she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But athe Jerusalem above is free; 1she is our mother.

27  For it is written,

aREJOICE, BARREN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT BEAR;

BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR;

FOR MORE NUMEROUS ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DESOLATE

THAN OF THE ONE WHO HAS A HUSBAND.”

28 And you brethren, alike Isaac, are bchildren of promise. 29 But as at that time ahe who was born according to the flesh bpersecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, cso it is now also.

30  But what does the Scripture say?

aCAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON,

FOR bTHE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE AN HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREE WOMAN.”

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, 1but of the free woman.

Gal. 5:1   1aIt was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore bkeep standing firm and do not be subject again to a cyoke of slavery.

Gal. 5:2   Behold I, aPaul, say to you that if you receive bcircumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I atestify again to every man who receives bcircumcision, that he is under obligation to ckeep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who 1are seeking to be justified by law; you have afallen from grace. 5 For we 1through the Spirit, 2by faith, are awaiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in aChrist Jesus bneither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but cfaith working through love.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Let's please remember to keep it civil. Getting personal is what results in people being banned from threads and them getting closed.

14 hours ago, Alive said:

Gal. 4:21   Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not alisten to the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, aone by the bondwoman and bone by the free woman. 23 But athe son by the bondwoman 1was born according to the flesh, and bthe son by the free woman through the promise. 24 1aThis is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from bMount Sinai bearing children 2who are to be cslaves; 3she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But athe Jerusalem above is free; 1she is our mother.

27  For it is written,

aREJOICE, BARREN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT BEAR;

BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR;

FOR MORE NUMEROUS ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DESOLATE

THAN OF THE ONE WHO HAS A HUSBAND.”

28 And you brethren, alike Isaac, are bchildren of promise. 29 But as at that time ahe who was born according to the flesh bpersecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, cso it is now also.

30  But what does the Scripture say?

aCAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON,

FOR bTHE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE AN HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREE WOMAN.”

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, 1but of the free woman.

Gal. 5:1   1aIt was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore bkeep standing firm and do not be subject again to a cyoke of slavery.

Gal. 5:2   Behold I, aPaul, say to you that if you receive bcircumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I atestify again to every man who receives bcircumcision, that he is under obligation to ckeep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who 1are seeking to be justified by law; you have afallen from grace. 5 For we 1through the Spirit, 2by faith, are awaiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in aChrist Jesus bneither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but cfaith working through love.

Wonderful scriptures. Abraham did in fact attempt to fulfill the promise of the Lord by taking matters into his own hands. He listened to Sarah and had a son by laying with her handmaid. Isaac on the other hand was born according to the will and promise of God. When man attempts to do all by flesh, he will fail. We do need the strength and spirit of God and we do need to walk in his will. His will is known by walking in his law and in his presence, which once again requires that we walk in truth, light and obedience. The law could not save, you only have salvation through the Lord Jesus. But that salvation comes in surrender unto the Lord. Thus as Paul states in Romans 12:1,2,  we present our bodies as a living sacrifice to the Lord and be not conformed to the world. In surrender we obey. In sacrifice we are to bury the flesh, the old man, and walk in spirit. To do this you must walk in obedience to their will. The law of God in perfect and beautiful, but man failed in keeping it. Our Messiah paid the penalty of our failure. However in his great act of love and obedience, He did not abolish the law, but open the way for salvation by paying the penalty required for sin. The law cannot save and we are no longer under the bondage of the penalty of death if we choose the freedom of our Savior and the freedom of the law. Freedom is found in obedience not in disobedience. If we follow disobedience then we would again become as dogs to their own vomit and seek bondage once more. Don't you see the law isn't the bondage it is the breaking of the law that caused our Savior to die for us.  So by faith, surrender, trust, obedience, and love we walk a path of righteousness in the Lord. Without Him, we would fail. To walk that path requires us knowing how. It is our measure for morality. Without the law, without guidelines, then there is chaos and confusion. Paul even addresses this in regards to church and tells them that God is not a God of confusion.

In all the discussions. I still haven't received satisfactory answers to my original comments in regards to Zechariah 14: 16-19.  Why is the Lord Jesus commanding the entire world to keep the Feast of Tabernacles, if the holy days have no importance?  Why force the world to keep something if it has been abolished? If the Lord Jesus is commanding all to keep the Feast of Tabernacles in his Kingdom, then why aren't we keeping them now?

I've had many raise the banner of law versus grace, never realizing that law and grace are not enemies or opposites but stand together, but regardless of how you feel in regards to this. The Lord Jesus is going to command the whole world to keep his feast in his Kingdom, Why? If no answer is provided that is fine but at least ask these questions to yourself in your own personal studies.

Jesus kept the Holy Days, the Apostles kept the Holy Days, the early church kept the Holy Days.... Jesus will require them be kept in his Kingdom.... So why don't we keep them now? Why does the world so quickly embrace their own traditions and ignore the traditions that the Lord established? 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/20/2019 at 1:25 PM, DustyRoad said:

As it's been pointed out many times before by my brothers and sisters --- I'm thankful to join my voice with theirs --- the Lord hasn't moved me to regard any particular day as holy or separate from others. No, I'm to regard every day as holy to our God, a day he has given me to walk toward him. That's my blessing! I don't require a calendar or calculations to announce the day.

I open my eyes and there it is, a gift given to me by our Father in heaven. Every day that I open my eyes anew I'm living the promise of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm to cease from my labors and rest in the Son of God, who is the Lord of Sabbath, forevermore. 

Of course I'm interested in studying the scriptural feast days! I'll couch it this way: is it scriptural? It is worthwhile? Is it good? Does it edify and build up?

Then spill the beans already! Tell us what you know. :)

Added bonus: Ah, my 777th post!  Woohoo!

:clap:

"I open my eyes and there it is, a gift given to me by our Father in heaven.
Every day that I open my eyes anew I'm living the promise of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Myself also...
In the morning I roll out of bed, and sit there a moment and think. And remember. And rejoice.
             For me, every day I'm alive is special.  Sacred.
     Kept holy by loving my God, and loving my neighbors.

Yes, I often forget. Thankful for forgiveness.  I press on.

17 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

My reasoning is that God knew of the way Christianity would spread over the entire world, so he made provision for us to worship Him and be saved without the ability to celebrate Holy Days. 

Plus Jesus is the fulfillment of the feasts.

Therefore every day, for a Christian, is a celebration of the feasts

Thank you for your response, but don't think you have answered the exact questions. You make the statement that Jesus is the fulfillment of the feasts, then why is it that Jesus is going to require the world to keep them when he returns?

11 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Thank you for your response, but don't think you have answered the exact questions. You make the statement that Jesus is the fulfillment of the feasts, then why is it that Jesus is going to require the world to keep them when he returns?

Let me ask you a question.

What does the Feast of Tabernacles represent?

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

Let me ask you a question.

What does the Feast of Tabernacles represent?

Good question. but can I ask you if you have an idea of what it represents? This might help me to determine how much detail I need to go into.

20 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Good question. but can I ask you if you have an idea of what it represents? This might help me to determine how much detail I need to go into.

Please answer in any amount of detail you wish.

Thank you.