• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

After a person's hurt you, a person who you invested a lot with and were close with, how long is too long to still feel hurt by that person?

This may be a bit disorganized in thought because it just came to me and I haven't really sorted it all out in my head yet. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

I know that every person is different, so I'm not looking for a time frame. I'm just wondering what others think about getting over hurt. If some person or some situation has hurt you deeply, and that person has never asked for forgiveness and won't acknowledge they hurt you (so there was never closure with the person) - does the hurt ever go away?

And I don't mean "hurt" in general - because God has comforted me in that way, but the hurt you feel towards that person. That's what I trying to say here. Does that hurt stay with you forever?

Guest Zayit

The key is forgiveness, from you, not of them asking to be forgiven. If we hold onto a grudge that 'they hurt us' we allow them to continue doing so. It is only after we have forgiven them that we can then heal.

How many times to we grieve the Fathers heart and do we repent of everything and immediatly? Forgiveness is about us, its not for them, only their peace of mind.

Forgive and you shall be forgiven, it's a win-win situation.:noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

After a person's hurt you, a person who you invested a lot with and were close with, how long is too long to still feel hurt by that person?

This may be a bit disorganized in thought because it just came to me and I haven't really sorted it all out in my head yet. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

I know that every person is different, so I'm not looking for a time frame. I'm just wondering what others think about getting over hurt. If some person or some situation has hurt you deeply, and that person has never asked for forgiveness and won't acknowledge they hurt you (so there was never closure with the person) - does the hurt ever go away?

And I don't mean "hurt" in general - because God has comforted me in that way, but the hurt you feel towards that person. That's what I trying to say here. Does that hurt stay with you forever?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rockswillcryout,

Getting over pain from lost relationships or the pain from others who have hurt you is not easy. Especailly, if that person has never asked for forgiveness for the wrong that was done or perhaps stopped caring in general.

Does the hurt ever go away?

Yes...although depending upon the person as well as the relationship and reliance put on God, it can take some time.

In truth although I feel as though my relationship is pretty good with God, although I know it could be better....there are some old scars within my heart that have not yet fully healed from relationships of which there was never truly felt to be true closure as well as appologies that were never recieved. At the same time, it is a one step at a time sort of thing. For after all, one cannot just simply skip stairs when walking up a stair case unless one is perhaps a bit careless and not to worried about taking one's own time making their way up. Sometimes the situations we deal with in life require us to do so...take baby steps that is.

Does the hurt stay with you forever?

I do believe that some of the pain may linger with you a lifetime if the relationship was that precious to you. At the same time, I do not believe it is something of which should be dwelled upon daily. So the pain will subside if not gradually lesson throughout time until it is completely gone or comes and goes on occassion. (The pain might come back in small doses on specail days such as the friend's birthday or at times of which someone might say something or do something of which might remind you of him or her.)

As I said before it depends on the reliance one has in God as well as how deeply connected you were with this person. As you said, every person is different so each of us is bound to react differently to loss as well as pain.

I just pray that should this pain linger for you as it has been known to do so with others that it does not become something of which you dwell upon each day of your life, and that you are also able to find even the smallest of blessings to cherish each and every day making the pain easier to bear.

May God Bless You

Danielle