IGNORED

Sick of it

I thought i would relax by watching a bit of Coronation Street. Which was always a nice family programme in the past. The gay male vicar was in a passionate kissing embrace, yet again, with a young man of course. 

I swiftly remembered why i stopped watching Corrie a few years ago. I am sick and tired of having such scenes shown before 9pm which should be family time. Surely?

Am i wrong to be annoyed? Or right? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

I think the darkness will get darker and the light lighter (more of a manifestation of Christ living His life in and through His people) the closer to His return.

Not saying when, but have thought just how much worse can it get, before people are roaming the street taking what they want and killing all they choose. 

Sorry to be a downer, but look up, for our redemption draws nigh. 

Be blessed as we look to Him, 

Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well just watch something else I guess.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I thought i would relax by watching a bit of Coronation Street. Which was always a nice family programme in the past. The gay male vicar was in a passionate kissing embrace, yet again, with a young man of course. 

I swiftly remembered why i stopped watching Corrie a few years ago. I am sick and tired of having such scenes shown before 9pm which should be family time. Surely?

It doesn't sound like a show I would want to see no matter what time of day.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I think much of the media industry is trying to get us to accept this as normal life...   I would think you should either get used to it or find something else to entertain yourself....    it's definitely not good from my point of view, but not much on the USA Network TV is these days.  I'm not familiar with UK tv so I really don't know what else you might want to watch....   personally I spend time on Netflix watching movies or Youtube catching just about anything one cares to watch..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

You are absolutely right to be annoyed. You are a Christian and this act or behavior is an abomination to the God you serve. The Holy Spirit hates this,it's a stench in his nostrils, so as he lives in you be will lead you away from this filth! This evil is spreading and will continue to spread, just continue to listen to the Holy Spirit as he leads you. He will always lead you to obedience to the father.

God bless ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Why would you watch a evil show ? There other things to do. Dont be conformed to the world.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

While what we prefer is not on the menu as often as it used to be, one cannot expect the world to change. "We live in the world, but we are not of the world." More and more we will see ourselves deliberately squeezed, boxed in, and persecuted for the righteousness that is ours in Christ. If you have children, now is the time to teach them what is better so that they will grow up equipped to discern the value of Godly things. God bless sister.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I am sick and tired of having such scenes shown before 9pm which should be family time. Surely?

Sure, you have every reason for the annoyance. Bedtime for my sister and I was at 9:00pm until about age 12. It's unfortunate to have this invade your preferred viewing. I recall a popular sitcom here that turned really sordid after a few seasons on. I discontinued watching. Switching channels is sometimes the necessary alternative. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

Indeed, of course just switch off, which i did. But that show was such a family favourite for so long. I gave up on it a few years ago. 

They place a Christian character in it only to be used as a controversial subject. It is interesting to observe how in sitcoms christian figures are often used to be mocked or make some point. The world does hate God. God is a sideshow. 

I am far happier going yo bed early to read - my Bible.