IGNORED

Sick of it

Actually Coronation Street used to be a good programme. Families could safely watch. 

Emily Bishop was a key Christian character in it. She was portrayed well as a good kind true Christian.  If only there was such a wholesome element now in programmes. A force for the good. 

I assume TV production is full of those who always wish to push the politically correct agendas into everything. Well i really do not like i. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I thought i would relax by watching a bit of Coronation Street. Which was always a nice family programme in the past. The gay male vicar was in a passionate kissing embrace, yet again, with a young man of course. 

I swiftly remembered why i stopped watching Corrie a few years ago. I am sick and tired of having such scenes shown before 9pm which should be family time. Surely?

Am i wrong to be annoyed? Or right? 

You're not wrong.

The same thing is happening with lesbians on Supergirl and the travesty is that it is a comic book show aimed at youth. 

Their lip locks are 90% to 1% heterosexual kissing. I can't even remember the last time a heterosexual couple kissed on the show. 

Didn't those who champion these causes complain the moral majority / Christians / conservatives were ramming our ideals down their throats?

Now that we all have striven for equality... guess whose shoving their ideals down our throats.

I am beginning to see fairness and equality are myths championed loudest by the underdogs until they can get over on the rest.

Understand, I treat everyone with dignity and respect and value all as no better than me nor I them.

But I am no longer foolish enough to expect or even ask this of anyone. 

I am just thankful when it happens.

This sounds pessimistic as heck,  but the longer I live the more I realize...

there is no fairness, no equality, no equity, and all you can do is pray for God's blessing and protection.

And in voting (which is the duty of all citizens who are qualified in a free society) is

for the least worst candidate.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

As 'the time' approaches, 'as in the days of Noah' takes on a more ominous note. The fatherless spirits are provoking humans in a last ditch desperate measure to conform to their disgusting agendas. They destroy families, promote 'freedom' from society's morals and generally support degenerate behavior as seen in Gen 6 and Sodom. These clever and wicked powers and principalities want to take as many as they can with them down into the pit to be lost forever.

It will get worse. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,399
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I remember my mother watching corry street  and thinking EastEnders was evil and not fit to be watched Myself , I gave up even having a tv over 10 years ago as I refuse to pay for a licence when the programmes are so sordid or just plain rubbish  ( I know ITV doesn't get any money from the licence but if people stop watching then advertising revenue disappears ) 

I read an article recently that claimed that the LGBTQ community now has a 20% representation rate on TV. It's terrible that there is not one show that doesn't have at least one homosexual type character on it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I thought i would relax by watching a bit of Coronation Street. Which was always a nice family programme in the past. The gay male vicar was in a passionate kissing embrace, yet again, with a young man of course. 

I swiftly remembered why i stopped watching Corrie a few years ago. I am sick and tired of having such scenes shown before 9pm which should be family time. Surely?

I am constantly annoyed about that crap. Not that i watch it but the new She-Ra has gays and queers on it. I was reading an article on MSN about marriage stuff and several pictures of happy gay (no pun) people (but most of the "straight" normal people looked sad). Society is adding more and more into as many shows and movies as they can.

I was just reading from https://www.looper.com/175201/things-only-adults-notice-in-how-to-train-your-dragon/

"There are many memorable denizens of Berk, but without a doubt, the most adorable viking of the bunch is Gobber, the village blacksmith. He's played to perfection by Craig Ferguson, and beyond his numerous hilarious and heartwarming moments, there's also a brief moment in How to Train Your Dragon 2 that hints an additional layer to his character.

When Hiccup's father, Stoick, is reunited with his missing wife, Valka, their interactions start off sweet for a moment, but then they start feuding pretty much immediately. This interaction leads to Gobber commenting, "This is why I never married. This and one other reason." At this point, Gobber gets cut off, and the issue is never brought up again, so we never learn why Gobber never married. There are a few different ways to read this unfinished statement, but perhaps the most interesting way to do so is that Gobber was about to admit to being gay.

This interpretation was confirmed by screenwriter Dean DeBlois. Apparently, the line was ad-libbed by Ferguson in the booth, and DeBelois, himself a gay man, decided to keep it in, since it was an opportunity for a bit of queer representation in a mainstream film. Perhaps this is why Gobber is able to relate to Hiccup more than any of the other Vikings in town. He also grew up feeling like an outsider. While Stoick keeps trying to change his son, Gobber keeps telling him "stop trying so hard to be something you're not.""

I am sick and tired and my kids are falling for it, especially my daughter who supports her friends, who are onily 13 and 14, in their "gay lifestyles" and their false religions wearing those damn toga or hat things and can not be seen in public without them crap.

Edited by The Survivor

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

21 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Why not get rid of your television? Why watch these shows and be annoyed?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

I read an article recently that claimed that the LGBTQ community now has a 20% representation rate on TV. It's terrible that there is not one show that doesn't have at least one homosexual type character on it.

That's kind of amazing to me. Last look, and it was some time ago, the approximated populus as claimed by LGBTQ community was 10%. They really want twice that much more influence? (sigh) Well, it's all over daytime television here in this nursing facility, but a good deal of the staff are also. Some of them are pretty obvious. I hear them chattering away about their open lifestyles too. One of the guys got married to another man, and adopted a baby girl. And one of the women couples had a child by artificial insemination. Oh, well. That's the healthcare industry. But it's everywhere, folks.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

26 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Because it is a family show, with decades of good wholesome storylines. Hence the shock of what they put.

People need to stop blaming, and implying that this was a deliberate or expected viewing experience. It wasn't.

@Melinda12 had no reason to expect what she saw.

I agree. I spent all the decades watching Star Trek and Doctor Who but as the ages go on, more and more of that content went into the shows. Where I could consider the original episodes (TOS) being more PG, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT be PG-PG-13. Discovery, with all the gay stuff I did not pass season 1. Doctor Who, this last season turning him into a her to satisfy the masses and the multiple gay characters in there, think I am finally done after 50+ years of it. So I agree. We are watching shows that were "good" until then started adding into story characters to satisfy society. Which is why i am even done with Frozen or the Marvel movies. They are going to be slapping kids and teens in the face with "it is okay to be gay and you should be."

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

What's even crazier is there are "Christians" (and I use the term loosely) that post here on Worthy who are totally fine with this. It's utter filth, of course, but God told us centuries ago these days were coming. Weird, but here we are.