• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

She asked me about angels. Do they exist for us in our life on earth? Such as guardian angels etc. 

Heb 13:1-3

13 Let love of the brethren continue. 2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. 
NASB

Yes there are Angels around today....    and there are many stories about strange happenings where a person comes out of nowhere to help people then just disappears....   we can't know who is and who is not an angel in the world today....   They apparently look a lot like us....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I belong to a bereavement group. What amszes and worries me is the way they regard heaven and angels. Many simply assume that when you die, as long as you are a good person, you sprout wings and become an angel! Then you can come and watch over your loved 9nes down here. Often you leave nice white feathers. They never mention God, certainly not Jesus Christ and never refer to the Bible. In their views all that is required is 'love' - their version and perception of it. 

Such utter ignorance is hard to bear but it is widespread. I know it suits the devil beautifully of course. Bereaved vulnerable people who nobody would dare to correct. Worse, they visit mediums who proliferate their myths. 

I choose to look to the Bible and talk to fellow Christians. 

This is how many lost souls see things. I've spoken to many just like this myself. I defend the gospel of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, and have show many his truth. So sadly their will always be Those who won't  here and will only realize that they don't turn into angels nor will anyone without Christ enter heaven.

I want to encourage you to continue to be a light to them, However also be careful belonging to a group that does not recognize the truth of God's word.

If I can help in anyway, please keep in touch.

God bless, I'll be praying for you ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I am helping a new friend in answering questions about Christianity and the Bible best i can. 

She asked me about angels. Do they exist for us in our life on earth? Such as guardian angels etc. 

So what does the Bible tell us and where can i point her to read for herself? 

There is no support in the Bible that says we have a personal guardian angel. The angels are God's messengers and come to earth on God's command to help us. Your friend can read this for further information.

https://www.gotquestions.org/guardian-angels.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/19/2019 at 2:53 AM, Melinda12 said:

I am helping a new friend in answering questions about Christianity and the Bible best i can. 

"Angel" itself simply means "messenger" in both Hebrew and Greek (one who is sent by another... typically sent by a senior / superior other but not always).

The Holy Spirit is sent into the world by both the Father and the Son (John 14:26 / John 15:26).  The Angel of the LORD. 

Jesus is sent by the Father (1 John 4:14). I would also identify Jesus (preincarnate therefore God the Word) as the Angel of the LORD in

Genesis 22. Watch  carefully the language in how the Angel is the one convinced by Abram's faith. "Now *I* know..."

Prophets, evangelists, certainly the Apostles can all be considered messengers of God.

Angels.

It may be whom the angels of the seven Churches in Revelation 2 and 3 refer to. The pastor / teacher / overseer of these relatively small

(compared to today) congregations...

What we typically think of as "angels" are God's spirit messengers created as cherubs, seraphs, and teraphs. Revelation 4:7 for a

biblical description of these.

Assigning the term "angel" strictly to these is a misnomer that was common even in ancient times...

Remember, from the very beginning, God was walking humanity through the baby steps to the ultimate truth about

everything.

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/19/2019 at 8:53 AM, Melinda12 said:

The bible says nothing about guardian angels it does say we entertain angels unawares. Hebrews 13.2

Let her read that and encourage her to do some research for herself, that is much funner than telling her everything. She could try Gotquestions.org. It has all the answers to almost every question asked.