IGNORED

Angels

I am helping a new friend in answering questions about Christianity and the Bible best i can. 

She asked me about angels. Do they exist for us in our life on earth? Such as guardian angels etc. 

So what does the Bible tell us and where can i point her to read for herself? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 91:11 is a good verse. Psalm 34:7 is another one that puts them in a protective light. Revelation has a great many references to angels and describes them in ways that are a far cry from how they're typically depicted in art.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

I am helping a new friend in answering questions about Christianity and the Bible best i can. 

She asked me about angels. Do they exist for us in our life on earth? Such as guardian angels etc. 

So what does the Bible tell us and where can i point her to read for herself? 

Angelos generally refers to beings that do not inhabit our world in the flesh and are 'sons of God'. Some are fallen and some are obedient servants of the most High. The term 'angel' is not really anything but 'messenger' and refers to a job description rather than a name. Check out Psalm 82 and Deut 32, where God addresses His spirit sons. The Angel of the Lord is most likely a reference to Yeshua in form and can be seen often. They are seen as men when they visit Abraham just prior to rescuing Lot from Sodom.

In the account of Gen 6, (read Enoch for more details) there were angels that sinned and are mentioned by Jude and Peter in their writings. Saul (Paul) alludes to them many times and often Enoch is quoted almost word for word.

Problem with our church today is they do not teach about this probably due to Augustine and other theological 'great men'. These theologians invent silly ideas to 'protect us' and protect their doctrines.

Very few will get the allusions in Galatians to the angels that sinned, bringing such horrors and knowledge to our planet. So we drift around, blaming Adam for everything and are content in our misunderstanding.

The problem with this 'understanding' is that we will not notice the horrors that are soon to be visited upon us because we have had these supernatural events strip-mined from our teachings. We have been told that we should not read books that Yeshua and the apostles obviously read. You can recognize this in the various apostles' writings - but only IF you have studied the material they and the first century church studied. 

Sure, Adam sinned and the Nacash deceived Eve, but it took some other fallen spirits to really teach men to sin abundantly and know forbidden things. The Gen 6 account kick-started what we see today as the acceleration of evil deeds.

Learn all about it and observe around you what is approaching: "As in the days of Noah..."

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

First God bless you for having this wonderful opportunity to share Jesus with someone, I get excited when I hear of people coming to the lord.? Also Thank you dear friend for your obedience in doing so,may I encourage you to continue to love,help,lead, guild,and direct as the Holy Spirit leads you!? 

Hebrews 13-1-2 1Let brotherly love continue. 2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God's word tells us of how God used his angels on many occasions through out his word,and God is the same yesterday, today and forever. So therefore he uses angels here today. God sends his angels here for us, they help us, they protect us, they fight for us.

Here are some verses that may help.

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” -Psalm 91:11-12

See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.” -Exodus 23:20

Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my Heavenly Father.” -Matthew 18:10

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?”-Hebrews 1:14

The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all. Praise the LORD, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His bidding, who obey His word. Praise the LORD, all His heavenly hosts, you His servants who do His will. Praise the LORD, all His works. Everywhere in His dominion. Praise the LORD, my soul.” -Psalm 103:19-22

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: ‘Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise.” -Revelation 5:11-12

I hope this is helpful, God bless ?

24 minutes ago, Revlori said:

See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.” -Exodus 23:20

Nice words about God's Heavenly Sons. This angel you quoted is non other than Yeshua - the second person of the Godhead.

1 hour ago, Revlori said:

First God bless you for having this wonderful opportunity to share Jesus with someone, I get excited when I hear of people coming to the lord.? Also Thank you dear friend for your obedience in doing so,may I encourage you to continue to love,help,lead, guild,and direct as the Holy Spirit leads you!? 

Hebrews 13-1-2 1Let brotherly love continue. 2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God's word tells us of how God used his angels on many occasions through out his word,and God is the same yesterday, today and forever. So therefore he uses angels here today. God sends his angels here for us, they help us, they protect us, they fight for us.

Here are some verses that may help.

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” -Psalm 91:11-12

Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my Heavenly Father.” -Matthew 18:10

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?”-Hebrews 1:14

The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all. Praise the LORD, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His bidding, who obey His word. Praise the LORD, all His heavenly hosts, you His servants who do His will. Praise the LORD, all His works. Everywhere in His dominion. Praise the LORD, my soul.” -Psalm 103:19-22

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: ‘Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise.” -Revelation 5:11-12

I hope this is helpful, God bless ?

How wondrous are these images of the heaven to come. 

What about the way many people believe in guardian angels. Does the Bible say anything? 

We know of Michael and Gabriel as major powerful Angels for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

What about the way many people believe in guardian angels. Does the Bible say anything? 

God likes to involve His created beings in the day to day running of His creation. Angelic beings are all around us and we do well to remember that. There are times when I would have 'bought the farm' and I can only ascribe that to His intervention.

What we sometimes forget is His Amazing love for His created beings. He does not wish us harm, and often will avert disaster for us.

Just think of the 'near misses' that you never knew about. It is His world and He is an amazing and careful Lord. The more we look for His blessings the more we might see them - personally.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

This is going to depend. People believe many different things about angels. I can only suggest that you show your friend these verses and see what they may say. You can explain these verses and assure them that God does use angels for our benefit.

as for Michael and Gabriel, these are the only two I know that has been spoken of by name ( anyone can correct me on this) but here are some verses that pertain to them.

Jude 1:9-10 9But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The LORD rebuke you!" 10Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct-as irrational animals do-will destroy them.

Daniel 10:12-13 12Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

Revelation 12:7-9 7Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down-that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Daniel 12:1 1"At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people-everyone whose name is found written in the book-will be delivered.

Daniel 10:21 21but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.

Luke 1:11-19 11Then an angel of the LORD appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15for he will be great in the sight of the LORD. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the LORD their God. 17And he will go on before the LORD, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous-to make ready a people prepared for the LORD." 18Zechariah asked the angel, "How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years." 19The angel said to him, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.

I belong to a bereavement group. What amszes and worries me is the way they regard heaven and angels. Many simply assume that when you die, as long as you are a good person, you sprout wings and become an angel! Then you can come and watch over your loved 9nes down here. Often you leave nice white feathers. They never mention God, certainly not Jesus Christ and never refer to the Bible. In their views all that is required is 'love' - their version and perception of it. 

Such utter ignorance is hard to bear but it is widespread. I know it suits the devil beautifully of course. Bereaved vulnerable people who nobody would dare to correct. Worse, they visit mediums who proliferate their myths. 

I choose to look to the Bible and talk to fellow Christians.