• Topic Count:  2,231
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,356
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 11/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, bcbsr said:

CORPORAL PUNISHMENT

In many regions spanking children is not only discouraged but may even land in jail. Even in my own town a pastor was arrested for spanking his child. Yet such is one of the forms of disciplines the Bible recommends.

Pr 13:24 He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

Pr 22:15  Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of correction will drive it far from him.

Pr 23:13,14  Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.

Pr 29:15 The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.

Pr 19:18 Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death.

Pr 20:30  Blows and wounds cleanse away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.

More generally concerning discipline:

Heb 12:10,11  Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

So if you're concerned about any negative affects of disciplining your children, consider the negative affects of not disciplining them

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Hi bcbsr, and how are you all ? I would say that,  Proverbs 22:6Deuteronomy 6 would go along with the above, do you agree ? 

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 11/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, Sorry  but I had to give that idea an Oy vey. I have seen it happen a few times and lived within it too. The result of that advice is tragedy that never stops unfolding.  Works out terrible for the child and the parent. Costs a fortune and ruins the family, the child, parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, neighborhood, and school. You name it it adversely affects absolutely everyone once that idea gets into real action.

It is meant to get a child to think about how good they have it living with their parents. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

It is meant to get a child to think about how good they have it living with their parents. 

Hi , Yes I am sure it is! 

Take care, may God bless.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

It is still working in my family.    But, we are weird.   

Addams_Family.jpg

Edited by Daniel Marsh