Revlori

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Hello everyone, I'd like to take a break from some of the heated subject's and think again to the thanksgiving holiday that is coming up.

I'd like to ask a few questions and share some statistics that are kinda interesting.

I'd like to ask, how many are planning on celebrate Thanksgiving?

***Note ( in the US) about 280 million people are expected to celebrate Thanksgiving!

If you are going to celebrate Thanksgiving, will you travel or will someone come to your home?

*** Note ( in the US) 54million people are expected to travel!

If your going to celebrate Thanksgiving, are you planning on eating Turkey?

*** Note ( in the US) about 46million Turkey's are eaten in thanksgiving day!

Are you more thankful this thanksgiving then you were last year?

**** Note :American's say in general that 41%of all Americans are more thankful this year then last year!?

Do you have Traditions in your family for this holiday?

***Note ( in the US) 88% of Americans follow some sort of tradition for thanksgiving!

As Christians, do you have a favorite verse to share about thanksgiving or being Thankful?

I'd like to share,we do celebrate Thanksgiving every year. My husband and I stay home, our children and my parents come to visit and have dinner at our home. I cook the meal, we have Turkey and all the trimmings ( stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, green bean casserole, biscuits and gravy, corn, noodles, and pumpkin pie).

I am more thankful this year then last year, because God is amazing and has blessed us in a greater measure. My husband is still with me, my granddaughter is with us this year, and I still have my parent's, children and my health. God is AWESOME!

We do have Traditions in our home, all of us setting down, before we begin our meal and after prayer we all go around the room and express our thankfulness, we have great fellowship and enjoy our dinner. Every year the room gets fuller, with anyone who wants to come is welcome as well, theirs always enough. If no one else drops by we will deliver a meal to a neighbor's home or friends. 

I'd just like to share this verse:

Psalm 100:4  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving everyone ...I thank God that I'm getting to know all of you this year and extending my Family, May God richly bless each of you ?

Please fill free to share!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

I cant remember last thanksgiving. It was barely a week after my final round of chemo and I was not well. In a previous year I had a tooth pulled the day before, so eating was not an option that day either lol.

Typically we eat a large midday turkey dinner, then spend the rest of the day outside playing. Sunny phoenix is lovely this time of year. Then we eat another meal later that day and watch any holiday specials. 

This year my family is too spread out and I cant drive long distances yet. Im also not up to cooking. So we will likely get a to go order from one of the cheaper places that are open and have a picnic in the park. We might do some low energy type activities outside too. 

At least this year I can eat lol. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

One tradition my husband has is pumpkin pie. For some reason, he associates it with fall, thanksgiving and even Christmas. He will be obsessed with getting pumpkin pie on thanksgiving. It is the one thing he will not miss out on.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I cant remember last thanksgiving. It was barely a week after my final round of chemo and I was not well. In a previous year I had a tooth pulled the day before, so eating was not an option that day either lol.

Typically we eat a large midday turkey dinner, then spend the rest of the day outside playing. Sunny phoenix is lovely this time of year. Then we eat another meal later that day and watch any holiday specials. 

This year my family is too spread out and I cant drive long distances yet. Im also not up to cooking. So we will likely get a to go order from one of the cheaper places that are open and have a picnic in the park. We might do some low energy type activities outside too. 

At least this year I can eat lol. 

Oh dear sister this is wonderful, how beautiful this thanksgiving is for you and your family. Having you as their gift and seeing God as as the amazing gift giver. God is wonderful!

thanks for sharing, you brought inspiration toward being Thankful for each of us?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

One tradition my husband has is pumpkin pie. For some reason, he associates it with fall, thanksgiving and even Christmas. He will be obsessed with getting pumpkin pie on thanksgiving. It is the one thing he will not miss out on.

Nothing's wrong with that...I think millions share the same tradition!

Gotta love those pumpkin pies lol

Enjoy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Thank you for your post. Something in your post hit me like a brick, and makes me think how selfish and self centered I've been every Thanksgiving. Lord willing, starting this Thanksgiving I'd like to change that. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

Penguins do generally celebrate Thanksgiving but I'm an odd one. Since I have no immediate family, I usually go to a friends house or just camp out at home and call it a movie day. For several years my office was open and I would volunteer as tribute to work the holiday since it was double time and well, if you're going to waste the day you might as well make some $$ doing so. 

Though I may spend it relatively alone, I do still enjoy cooking a large feast that will feed me for many days (I love cooking), so I'll still make an excuse to have mashed potatoes and stuffing with some sort of yard bird ... and you must have pecan pie ... like what is a holiday without pecan pie. This Thanksgiving I plan to binge watch a lot of the Star Wars movies, sleep in, and eat until I have to roll myself back to bed - I may venture out late and take advantage of a couple of the early black Friday deals since I have to work on Friday and usually miss them, depends on what sales I see. 

Every year with Jesus is sweeter than the one before so yes, this year I am more thankful. Thankful for growth in Him and personally, thankful for peace, love, and joy that He fills my heart with daily. Thankful for His goodness which is so undeserved but He gives so freely. We really do serve a wonderful Savior.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thess 5:18 (ESV)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Thank you for your post. Something in your post hit me like a brick, and makes me think how selfish and self centered I've been every Thanksgiving. Lord willing, starting this Thanksgiving I'd like to change that. 

Praise God!

Ya know that's another wonderful thing about being in the family of God together. We are always learning, growing and changing to be more like our savior, and when we do it together it becomes easier.

God's blessings 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, TheAimes said:

Penguins do generally celebrate Thanksgiving but I'm an odd one. Since I have no immediate family, I usually go to a friends house or just camp out at home and call it a movie day. For several years my office was open and I would volunteer as tribute to work the holiday since it was double time and well, if you're going to waste the day you might as well make some $$ doing so. 

Though I may spend it relatively alone, I do still enjoy cooking a large feast that will feed me for many days (I love cooking), so I'll still make an excuse to have mashed potatoes and stuffing with some sort of yard bird ... and you must have pecan pie ... like what is a holiday without pecan pie. This Thanksgiving I plan to binge watch a lot of the Star Wars movies, sleep in, and eat until I have to roll myself back to bed - I may venture out late and take advantage of a couple of the early black Friday deals since I have to work on Friday and usually miss them, depends on what sales I see. 

Every year with Jesus is sweeter than the one before so yes, this year I am more thankful. Thankful for growth in Him and personally, thankful for peace, love, and joy that He fills my heart with daily. Thankful for His goodness which is so undeserved but He gives so freely. We really do serve a wonderful Savior.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thess 5:18 (ESV)

Praise God!!!! Thats funny to me because I think whether we're alone or with others we all tend to binge lol        ( well I'll just speak for my family, we do to!) 

And Amen for his goodness ? this is absolutely the truth!

God's blessings this thanksgiving dear friend ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

5 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I will not do anything different than any other day.  

Well praise God, you won't have the guilt of over eating..( just teasing)

We can praise God everyday, it doesn't have to be a holiday to do that.

God's Blessings dear friend?

• Thumbs Up 1