• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Hi Revlori, How are you all, we are glad to know that you have taken a break to sort out for Thanksgiving that the Lord will supply your needs. After reading your post and that things go well, I would say that it is very encouraging to celebrate that day in being so thankful unto GOD and His Son our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are planning to go by a friend to eat Turkey and etc. :) but hopefully it won't be too much of eating.

As Christians, do you have a favorite verse to share about thanksgiving or being Thankful? Yes, it is the same one that you have shared among others, Psalm 100:4  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. And for each other.

You all have a joyful Thanksgiving :)

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Thank you dear friends, and absolutely, Just like you guys,we are so thankful. Isn't it wonderful that we serve an awesome God? What a true joy it is!

That sounds great to share your day with your friends, but over eating to me some how feels normal for this day (lol)? but afterwards is a different story!!!

Oh yes, what a wonderful verse it is, and yes for each other to. (God's family is so precious and I'm so thankful for getting to know you here and through your posts, as well as all the folks here.)

Have a wonderful thanksgiving my sister and brother, God bless ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 11/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, Revlori said:

Hello everyone, I'd like to take a break from some of the heated subject's and think again to the thanksgiving holiday that is coming up.

I'd like to ask a few questions and share some statistics that are kinda interesting.

I'd like to ask, how many are planning on celebrate Thanksgiving?

***Note ( in the US) about 280 million people are expected to celebrate Thanksgiving!

If you are going to celebrate Thanksgiving, will you travel or will someone come to your home?

*** Note ( in the US) 54million people are expected to travel!

If your going to celebrate Thanksgiving, are you planning on eating Turkey?

*** Note ( in the US) about 46million Turkey's are eaten in thanksgiving day!

Are you more thankful this thanksgiving then you were last year?

**** Note :American's say in general that 41%of all Americans are more thankful this year then last year!?

Do you have Traditions in your family for this holiday?

***Note ( in the US) 88% of Americans follow some sort of tradition for thanksgiving!

As Christians, do you have a favorite verse to share about thanksgiving or being Thankful?

I'd like to share,we do celebrate Thanksgiving every year. My husband and I stay home, our children and my parents come to visit and have dinner at our home. I cook the meal, we have Turkey and all the trimmings ( stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, green bean casserole, biscuits and gravy, corn, noodles, and pumpkin pie).

I am more thankful this year then last year, because God is amazing and has blessed us in a greater measure. My husband is still with me, my granddaughter is with us this year, and I still have my parent's, children and my health. God is AWESOME!

We do have Traditions in our home, all of us setting down, before we begin our meal and after prayer we all go around the room and express our thankfulness, we have great fellowship and enjoy our dinner. Every year the room gets fuller, with anyone who wants to come is welcome as well, theirs always enough. If no one else drops by we will deliver a meal to a neighbor's home or friends. 

I'd just like to share this verse:

Psalm 100:4  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving everyone ...I thank God that I'm getting to know all of you this year and extending my Family, May God richly bless each of you ?

Please fill free to share!!!

We will drive about 300 miles to my sister's house on Wednesday and stay till Saturday....    We meet at her house mainly because she is the major cook.  My son, daughter and two grandkids will be there also.    We have a large traditional meal about 1:00 and visit and eat and visit and eat....   Saturday morning we all go home.    This year we will be staying at a motel a short distance from her house.   Normally we take our RV but she built a new house and her drive is too steep for us to park on....   Motel is cheaper than the gasoline for the RV so if we can't stay at her house we will just do the motel route.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, other one said:

We will drive about 300 miles to my sister's house on Wednesday and stay till Saturday....    We meet at her house mainly because she is the major cook.  My son, daughter and two grandkids will be there also.    We have a large traditional meal about 1:00 and visit and eat and visit and eat....   Saturday morning we all go home.    This year we will be staying at a motel a short distance from her house.   Normally we take our RV but she built a new house and her drive is too steep for us to park on....   Motel is cheaper than the gasoline for the RV so if we can't stay at her house we will just do the motel route.

Praise the Lord dear friend, for he is good! That sounds great with lots of fellowship and lots of good food, the two go together so well (now travel isn't something I like to do,its not to fun for me, 300 miles is some distance, God bless you for that!) I'll be praying for traveling mercies for you and your family, Also for your motel stay ? 

Thanks for sharing and may all of you have a safe and wonderful thanksgiving!

God bless ?

On 11/19/2019 at 9:50 PM, DustyRoad said:

Sounds wonderful, @Neighbor. One thing we've started doing this year is help support a mom from the village (population 117) who's looking for additional income to make ends meet. She's a truly wonderful cook and so the lady purchases multiple meals from her whenever they're being offered. The food is quite good … her pozole beats El Modelo's (historic New Mexican tortilla factory/restaurant in Albuquerque's South Valley) … and it helps her support the family. 

This is the time of year when people across this state start whipping up my favorite food of all: tamales! :emot-eek: 

Please excuse me, this might sound dumb but what are tamales?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

We had an early Thanksgiving today with 26 in attendance today at my house.  

I'm exhausted.  :sleep2:

40 minutes ago, Jayne said:

We had an early Thanksgiving today with 26 in attendance today at my house.  

I'm exhausted.  :sleep2:

Well God bless you, that was wonderful and yes I agree, very exhausting. But that was really great being a blessing to so many people. I pray you can now sit down and relax tonight...enjoy your rest you deserve it!?

May God bless you this thanksgiving, thanks for sharing ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 11/19/2019 at 2:56 PM, ayin jade said:

One tradition my husband has is pumpkin pie. For some reason, he associates it with fall, thanksgiving and even Christmas. He will be obsessed with getting pumpkin pie on thanksgiving. It is the one thing he will not miss out on.

We associate Thanksgiving with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, green been casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls and pumpkin pie.   Lately they have decided that no-one from their house likes turkey so they have been fixing a baked ham instead.  No one asks me to pray ever again because when I do the food gets really cold.

My cousin's Italian husband must have spaghetti with it all.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willa said:

We associate Thanksgiving with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, green been casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls and pumpkin pie.   Lately they have decided that no-one from their house likes turkey so they have been fixing a baked ham instead.  No one asks me to pray ever again because when I do the food gets really cold.

My cousin's Italian husband must have spaghetti with it all.

That's funny! And yes if we'd give thanks for everything in our prayers before our meal, we would never even get to eat LOL ( even if it's spaghetti!!)

God bless ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Revlori said:

Please excuse me, this might sound dumb but what are tamales?

I put up a youtube video in the video section of the forums, so you can see what they are and how they are made.  Tamale's are a mexican dish and delicious. 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/244974-how-to-make-tamales/?tab=comments#comment-3095531

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, appy said:

I put up a youtube video in the video section of the forums, so you can see what they are and how they are made.  Tamale's are a mexican dish and delicious. 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/244974-how-to-make-tamales/?tab=comments#comment-3095531

Thank you. They look really good, I'll have to try them. I love tacos and burritos basically everything from our taco bell menu lol, but I've never seen this there. I'll try giving it a go. I cook a lot ( not the greatest) but a lot of it turns out alright ? I just won't give my full opinion on them from my own cooking experience!

Thanks again God bless ?