• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Thank you. They look really good, I'll have to try them. I love tacos and burritos basically everything from our taco bell menu lol, but I've never seen this there. I'll try giving it a go. I cook a lot ( not the greatest) but a lot of it turns out alright ? I just won't give my full opinion on them from my own cooking experience!

Thanks again God bless ?

Hormel's has canned tamales.  You can find Hormel's tamales at any grocery store.  Typically they are stocked near cans of chili.  They are good, but not as good as getting them in a for real mexican restaurant that isn't a little taco stand. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Reading the posts is quite the fun!

Reminds me of the traditions of old, many that  are no longer. Way back when  in the 1950's family would drive their cars  hundreds of miles to gather  at a family home. Each would bring some specialty, all would participate in the cooking as well as the eating, and then a watching of one football game if there was tv working.

We really had five such gatherings a year, Easter, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Plus two clambakes on the coast of Maine a year for up to 100 people each time. Everyone would travel  to meet each other there. 

Even much later in time we had relatively large gathering occasions. but even that declined and pretty much has disappeared as so many have gone on. And so now few that are descendants even know each other, as all as so very busy at whatever today is bringing to most in way  of obligation and work in order to survive the culture of today. Where everyone is on the go working- working- working, it seems.

Yet we have managed  to plan our own gathering  for this year, 10 of us, and almost everything will have been purchased and delivered, not prepared by us. All I need do is clean up the place, set up, and await. Which gives me time for much reflection and thanks not only for this year's provision, but for a lifetime.

Even the harshest of times have, it seems, worked together to accomplish the will of God. Some of it painful to endure, but still it is such a privilege to be made aware of the grace and the mercy of God that saves many out from suffering,  and suffering of eternal separation from God, to instead be with Him. In the certainty and security that is by our Lord Jesus and His willing sacrifice made for us.

• Well Said! 1