Revelation 15:2

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What does it mean to walk upon the sea of glass mingled with fire? What is the mark image and Number of the Beast? Thank you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The late Chuck Missler (serious modern Bible scholar) pointed out that the symbolism for sea / many waters means people. That fire is symbolic for trial or judgment. To walk is to live and to do so on or over something is to live above a given circumstance. 

I pointed the following out to Chuck in writing and he never got back with me (which means it simply might not gotten past his screeners at Koinonia House Ministries):

Reading / studying the Bible under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit is paramount (2 Peter 1:20-21).

Next, the most important things revealed to us from the Bible are IN the Bible. ← which is so obvious it sounds absurd. But most people do not abide

by this in the name of trying to 'understand' these things. They go off book with example or arguments. 

This is what I wrote Dr Chuck Missler...

If we approach the subject of 666 and  the beast (antichrist) the same way we approach the subject of authenticating the Messiahship of Jesus...

then we will look for all of the above strictly in the Bible.

666 for example appears only 4 times in scripture. And I listed them. 2 of the 4 refer to Solomon.

1 to a census of the clan of Adonikam, and 1 as we know refers to the antichrist in Revelation 13:18.

The next census of Adonikam is 667, so the prophetic focus is not on the actual clan itself. The meaning of the name Adonai Qum (Adonikam) is

"risen lord." See Revelation 20 about how the beast is imprisoned in the abyss and then returns.

The other two that refer to Solomon are about his gold wage as King.  Gold is the symbolism of something spiritual, like brass is that of judgment etc.

Solomon is of the royal line of David. Jesus was born the descendant of David through Solomon's brother Nathan. 

Solomon had a very good beginning but littered the Holy Land with paganism and pagan temples dedicated to the gods of his

foreign wives. He did build the Jewish Temple... and this is actually what Revelation 13:18 is referring to.

Revelation 13:18 (AV)
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Solomon's understanding and wisdom are renown.

Some would argue that Solomon built the first Temple despite the Lord's telling his father David not to. God did tell David not to built it himself but that an heir would

of David's would. David presumed that heir was Solomon.

Samuel 7:12–13 (AV)
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

Solomon's throne did not last two generations intact.

Zechariah 6:12–13 (AV)
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

And that temple is rather the people who believe:

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

God told Moses to build the Tabernacle. Solomon, under the presumption of David built the first Temple and broke nearly every Levitical law 

to dedicate it (sacrificing animals every few steps in the procession leading up to the Temple).

The first and second Temples were destroyed on the same calendar date of the year. Tisha B' Av precisely 666 prophetic years apart.

30 day months / 360 day year.

The tribulation Temple will be build by the one claiming to be the Christ but in fact he will be the antichrist.