• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

The Priestly garments

In the OT, a priest cannot function without a garment. If he would enter the inner sanctuary without the priestly garments he would die. In the OT, it was a physical garment. In the NT it’s a spiritual garment. But the pattern is the same. We look at the physical garment to understand the spiritual. There is a garment that you must wear to function in the beauty realm.

These are the garments (Exodus 28): The priestly garments are for glory and beauty. A bride chooses her wedding garments differently than any other garments. She chooses her wedding garments with love and beauty in mind. The quality of the garments whether material or workmanship was the very best of its kind: fine linen, pure gold, precious stones, costly ointments, cunning workmanship. The colour of the garments: Gold- blue- purple-scarlet- fine linen. The priest in his garment of glory and beauty was adorned in harmony with the same colours as that of the heavenly tabernacle.

Fine linen: speaks of the righteousness of the saints. But it is outworked righteousness speaking of the fruits of righteousness rather than imputed righteousness

Pure gold: gold purified in the fires of trials and afflictions Precious stones (jewels): look at the names of these precious stones - Sardius Topaz Carbuncle (passionate praise- to seek diligently- dwelling/ abiding in his presence). Beryl onyx Jasper (to subdue and take dominion- to shine with the lustre of fire- to be white clear as crystal). The Ligure (double fruitfulness). The amethyst (a purple stone speaking of putting on royalty) Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

04-Priests-garment.jpg.08c8104d6ed0ff181672f1ba0a4e39a2.jpg

The coat is a garment used for covering; the robe is worn as a symbol of office and authority. Only a king wears a robe. The longer the train of his robe, the more important the king: the train of the robe of the king of kings fills the temple (Isaiah 6:1). Psalm 45:8 the garments of the king is made of a composition of chief spices: Myrrh and aloes Cassia. These ointments speaks of meekness and humility.

Humility is what God is like. His whole kingdom operates on the principle of humility. His dwelling place and the ministers of his temple are all clothed with humility. The colour blue abounded in the tabernacle and its ministry. Blue was in the inner veil, the outer veil the gates, the 10 linen curtains. Every piece of furniture was covered with a blue cloth when in transit. A blue lace fastened the holy crown to the head of the priest while a lace of blue secured the breastplate to the ephod. Blue was worked into both the ephod and the curious girdle while the robe was all of blue. The throne of Jesus is sapphire (deep blue), the same colour as the blue robe of the ephod (Ezekiel 24:10)

Yes, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble. (1 Peter 5:5)

Peter had in mind the blue robe of the high priest. The high priest was clothed with meekness and humility. Meekness and humility have to be pursued by ascending the mountain of Myrrh where myrrh and cassia are found in great abundance. (Song of Solomon 4:6) . Myrrh is a burial spice .it was also used to remove wrinkle. It speaks of suffering.

Edited by Worship Warriors

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18

The Priestly garments

What stood out from the garments is the importance placed on :

• being filled with the fruits of righteousness ( woven linen coat )
  • being clothed with humility ( blue robe )
  • the precious stones ( Jewels)

The same precious stones are in the heavenly city ,the new Jerusalem . In Ezekiel God dwells in the midst of the flaming stones of fire. Now Peter tells us that we are as lively stones are being built up as a dwelling place for God. 

I must be  adorned with those precious stones if I am to be built up to become a dwelling place for God.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/19/2019 at 11:22 PM, Worship Warriors said:

The Priestly garments

In the OT, a priest cannot function without a garment. If he would enter the inner sanctuary without the priestly garments he would die. In the OT, it was a physical garment. In the NT it’s a spiritual garment. But the pattern is the same. We look at the physical garment to understand the spiritual. There is a garment that you must wear to function in the beauty realm.

These are the garments (Exodus 28): The priestly garments are for glory and beauty. A bride chooses her wedding garments differently than any other garments. She chooses her wedding garments with love and beauty in mind. The quality of the garments whether material or workmanship was the very best of its kind: fine linen, pure gold, precious stones, costly ointments, cunning workmanship. The colour of the garments: Gold- blue- purple-scarlet- fine linen. The priest in his garment of glory and beauty was adorned in harmony with the same colours as that of the heavenly tabernacle.

Fine linen: speaks of the righteousness of the saints. But it is outworked righteousness speaking of the fruits of righteousness rather than imputed righteousness

Pure gold: gold purified in the fires of trials and afflictions Precious stones (jewels): look at the names of these precious stones - Sardius Topaz Carbuncle (passionate praise- to seek diligently- dwelling/ abiding in his presence). Beryl onyx Jasper (to subdue and take dominion- to shine with the lustre of fire- to be white clear as crystal). The Ligure (double fruitfulness). The amethyst (a purple stone speaking of putting on royalty) Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

04-Priests-garment.jpg.08c8104d6ed0ff181672f1ba0a4e39a2.jpg

The coat is a garment used for covering; the robe is worn as a symbol of office and authority. Only a king wears a robe. The longer the train of his robe, the more important the king: the train of the robe of the king of kings fills the temple (Isaiah 6:1). Psalm 45:8 the garments of the king is made of a composition of chief spices: Myrrh and aloes Cassia. These ointments speaks of meekness and humility.

Humility is what God is like. His whole kingdom operates on the principle of humility. His dwelling place and the ministers of his temple are all clothed with humility. The colour blue abounded in the tabernacle and its ministry. Blue was in the inner veil, the outer veil the gates, the 10 linen curtains. Every piece of furniture was covered with a blue cloth when in transit. A blue lace fastened the holy crown to the head of the priest while a lace of blue secured the breastplate to the ephod. Blue was worked into both the ephod and the curious girdle while the robe was all of blue. The throne of Jesus is sapphire (deep blue), the same colour as the blue robe of the ephod (Ezekiel 24:10)

Yes, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble. (1 Peter 5:5)

Peter had in mind the blue robe of the high priest. The high priest was clothed with meekness and humility. Meekness and humility have to be pursued by ascending the mountain of Myrrh where myrrh and cassia are found in great abundance. (Song of Solomon 4:6) . Myrrh is a burial spice .it was also used to remove wrinkle. It speaks of suffering.

Although I like the way you approach the scriptures---we look at the physical to see the spiritual, I want to give you some food for thought.  Don't take this as saying you are wrong.  I agree with what you say about some things, some I am not sure about.

Isn't this what God did for Adam and Eve after they confessed their sin, although the word for garment is different, they have some connecting similarities.  Both can refer to the clothing of a priest and both were made of linen, which, as you say, symbolizes the righteousness of the wearer.  Adam's garment refers to a  long robe that covers completely, indicating God covered the shame of his sins completely. 

First Isa 61:10 say God has clothed us, it is past tense.  So we don't need to do anything to earn these garments.  This is confirmed in

I Cor 5:21.  We are also told o put on the Lord Jesus Christ(Rom 13:14).  When we do this, His righteousness is imputed to us. 

No one with a sin nature can become literally righteous, but we can become spiritually righteous just as Abram did-- by  believing God in everything He says.  Man's spiritual righteousness is on the inside of him, and God  looks on our heart, not on our outward appearance.

Love, peace and joy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I agree with your point that we see the spiritual in the physical. Everything that was instituted by God for Israel in the earthly are types of those same things in the Heavenly. I love the types that the OP mentioned.

From the very first thing instituted and the very foundation of Hebrew life (the Passover Lamb and Blood), the priesthood and their appointed functions to the Tabernacle itself.

The Lord embodies all of those things for us that are 'In Him'.

The following does a bang up job of touching on this:

9 then He 1said, “aBEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second. 10 By 1this will we have been asanctified through bthe offering of cthe body of Jesus Christ donce for all.

Heb. 10:11   Every priest stands daily ministering and aoffering time after time the same sacrifices, which bcan never take away sins; 12 but He, having offered one sacrifice afor 1sins bfor all time, cSAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, 13 waiting from that time onward aUNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. 14 For by one offering He has aperfected bfor all time those who are 1sanctified. 15 And athe Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,

16  aTHIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM

AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:

I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,

AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,”

He then says,

17  aAND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS

I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.”

18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Heb. 10:19   Therefore, brethren, since we ahave confidence to benter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by aa new and living way which He inaugurated for us through bthe veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and since we have aa great priest bover the house of God, 22 let us adraw near with a 1sincere heart in bfull assurance of faith, having our hearts csprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies dwashed with pure water.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,231
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,356
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

7 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

The Priestly garments

What stood out from the garments is the importance placed on :

• being filled with the fruits of righteousness ( woven linen coat )
  • being clothed with humility ( blue robe )
  • the precious stones ( Jewels)

The same precious stones are in the heavenly city ,the new Jerusalem . In Ezekiel God dwells in the midst of the flaming stones of fire. Now Peter tells us that we are as lively stones are being built up as a dwelling place for God. 

I must be  adorned with those precious stones if I am to be built up to become a dwelling place for God.

Amen, and thanks for sharing 1 Peter 2:5 :)

• Thumbs Up 1