• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Willa said:

I was backslidden when our first son was born.   Knowing that my influence would only last a few years and then their dad would be the big influence, I first started again following Christ, and then started praying for my husband's salvation.  It took a few yeas since he had been pretty hardened and enslaved in sin.  But he first asked God to help him and then told me he didn't know why he had waited so long.  He had peace!.  He was baptized 6 months later and then our sons started begging to be baptized as well.  45 years later they and their families are serving God.

Your family certainly will follow your leadership.  It may even influence their children.  That is why an unsaved person's sins are visited on their children down to the 3rd and 4th generations.  It is the ungodly influence on them.  So I am asking God to also make you a godly influence on your children.  So don't lie to Him, tell Him exactly how your feel and why.  Then pray "God have mercy on me, a sinner",  You only need to ask God to make you willing.  God is good at that.  

Please do. I pray and nothing happens. I feel like I'm trying to fish for the right words, but nothing seems to work. I think I am far more wicked than I know. There must be a reason why the Lord isn't answering. Day by day more heartless prayers and no results. Feels like I am trying too little too late.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,889
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Just now, Chris0699 said:

Please do. I pray and nothing happens. I feel like I'm trying to fish for the right words, but nothing seems to work. I think I am far more wicked than I know. There must be a reason why the Lord isn't answering. Day by day more heartless prayers and no results. Feels like I am trying too little too late.

Hi again Chris0699,

I want to expound on the need for a firm spiritual foundation. According to Scripture there are six sides to the foundation that all believers in Christ are to build on, which once correctly laid doesn't need to be redone.

Heb 6:1-3
(1)  Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
(2)  Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(3)  And this will we do, if God permit.

If, as I suspect you are trying to bend God to your will and achieve a result of your own fabrication you will find God wants no part of it, but if you cease from your own efforts to "conjure up" some agreeable response from God you will be in a better position to receive what He has to give you.

As a first principle all who would be followers of Christ must lay aside selfwill and self effort. These are "dead works" to be turned away from.

Next there must be faith toward God,  a firm belief in His existence as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and an unwavering trust in His plan of salvation that excludes all fictions and figments of the imagination and renounces all idolatries and false gods, so-called.  

Please can you meditate on these Scriptures at length and continue to examine yourself as to the true desires of your heart. 

Heb 11:6
(6)  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Jas 1:2-8

(2)  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various temptations;
(3)  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.
(4)  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(5)  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, without rebuke; and it shall be given him.
(6)  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7)  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(8)  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

"God makes all things beautiful in His time." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

• Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi again Chris0699,

I want to expound on the need for a firm spiritual foundation. According to Scripture there are six sides to the foundation that all believers in Christ are to build on, which once correctly laid doesn't need to be redone.

Heb 6:1-3
(1)  Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
(2)  Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(3)  And this will we do, if God permit.

If, as I suspect you are trying to bend God to your will and achieve a result of your own fabrication you will find God wants no part of it, but if you cease from your own efforts to "conjure up" some agreeable response from God you will be in a better position to receive what He has to give you.

As a first principle all who would be followers of Christ must lay aside selfwill and self effort. These are "dead works" to be turned away from.

Next there must be faith toward God,  a firm belief in His existence as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and an unwavering trust in His plan of salvation that excludes all fictions and figments of the imagination and renounces all idolatries and false gods, so-called.  

Please can you meditate on these Scriptures at length and continue to examine yourself as to the true desires of your heart. 

Heb 11:6
(6)  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Jas 1:2-8

(2)  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various temptations;
(3)  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.
(4)  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(5)  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, without rebuke; and it shall be given him.
(6)  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7)  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(8)  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

"God makes all things beautiful in His time." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Well, I'm screwed then.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

Well, I'm screwed then.

Okay, how about this. Let's see if I understand you correctly. I'm gonna cut to the chase here, because I think you need it. There's an overwhelming apathetic sense about how you feel about the Lord. So, there's no feelings you have towards God, and you think He also has the same because of that. There's sins in your life you aren't ready to surrender up and turn away from, and you're not worthy until you get to that point if ever. You're stubborn. 

I'll spare you the boring story about my testimony, you may not be interested anyway. So, we'll skip the details and avoid losing your interest. Let me just say this. I went for a long time, some years probably, and was running from the Lord's calling on my life. I had sins too, and I liked them. Still, I didn't want to end up in Hell, so I was feeling torn about it. I did pray to Him asking for a willingness to surrender, He granted it, and I accepted Christ. 

When that happened, the Holy Spirit came into my heart and life. I was changed then, but that didn't mean there were still some struggles. There were. By that difference, everything about me turned from darkness into light. Yes, a transformed person from inside out. Prayer, bible reading, attendance in church for support, and time spent in worship made the entire miraculous turn around. Won't you consider giving Jesus a chance in your life? 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

On 11/29/2019 at 12:24 AM, Chris0699 said:

I can only give a little impassionate whimper

God has a very keen ear for such as you describe... do not underestimate Him.

Welcome!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,437
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Chris,

Some good suggestions have been offered above and I'm praying for you also. The "un-pardonable sin" has been well explained above. I personally believe the un-pardonable sin was and is committed in two different ways. (1) By witnessing and blaspheming the miracles of the Holy Spirit, and attributing those miracles to evil entities, such as the Pharisee's did. We can't commit this sin today not seeing Jesus performing those miracles. (2) Like well explained above, dying and have rejected the 'free gift' of Salvation provided from our Lord Jesus Christ, condemns us to eternal separation from God; that is un-pardonable and no second chances.

I don't know how much or how familiar you maybe with your Bible, or if you do or don't believe it is the infallible, inerrant word of God or not? I believe every word, jot and tittle in it, and it is the inspired word of God. Every historical fact in it occurred when, where and how it happened in the Bible. Jesus's life, death, burial and resurrection is the most documented, recorded and witnessed event in history. In a secular impartial court of law, by the eyewitness accounts and preponderance of the evidence alone; the jury would have to render a verdict of the truthfulness that it in fact occurred.

Except for Pharaoh and some others; no ones heart was as hard as Saul's [a Pharisee of the highest order] educated by Gamaliel himself. On a journey to Damascus, Syria, to round up, persecute Christians and take them back to Jerusalem for execution, his heart was dramatically changed by Christ Himself; and became the Apostle Paul [you can read all about it in Acts 22:].

Just by the Lord's magnificent creation alone, that there is a Creator God, is the standard those whom have never heard the Gospel will be held to. A Creator God whom created everything that is, including us; surely would leave us a message of everything we need to know. God created us for His pleasure and I believe He wanted a human family along with His spiritual family, and He loves us so deeply. So much so that:

John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [the world means YOU personally]

The Lord didn't create robots or yes people to conform to His will. He gave us free will, choice to accept or reject His love for us, and the narrow way to spend eternity with Him. Without going into what about this or that; the Lord has placed a knowledge of His existence in every human heart, to believe there is a Creator God and to seek and search Him out.

I've read the entire Bible from cover to cover a number of times in chronological order. I can't begin to tell you how everything fits like a glove; and every time I reread it, the glove gets tighter and tighter, like a blood pressure strap around your bicep when they take your blood pressure.

Only the the Lord Himself and the believer know for sure if they are saved or not. What's a major way we can know if the Bible is true and from the One true God or not? God claims He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, knows the end from the beginning. There are roughly 2,500 prophecies in the Bible; about 2,000 have been fulfilled to the letter, and about 500 prophecies remain to be fulfilled. A major prophecy in our generation which occurred on May 14, 1948, was Israel returning to the land and becoming a nation in "one day' as the Bible predicted [Isa. 66: 8]. 

Yes, everyone can trust the Bible and be sure it's the authentic word of our Creator to us. I would ask you seriously with an open and receptive heart, to first read the four Gospels of; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Jesus loves you personally, He is no figment of our imaginations or made up. We're capable of loving our spouse, our children, our parents; and certainly our Lord whom went out of His way to provide a remedy for our inherited sin problem, with the blood and suffering, living a perfect life, and a substitution for what we earned and deserve. As you're reading the Gospels first, please pray that the Lord will speak to you, as we are praying for you also.

God bless you.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, how about this. Let's see if I understand you correctly. I'm gonna cut to the chase here, because I think you need it. There's an overwhelming apathetic sense about how you feel about the Lord. So, there's no feelings you have towards God, and you think He also has the same because of that. There's sins in your life you aren't ready to surrender up and turn away from, and you're not worthy until you get to that point if ever. You're stubborn. 

I'll spare you the boring story about my testimony, you may not be interested anyway. So, we'll skip the details and avoid losing your interest. Let me just say this. I went for a long time, some years probably, and was running from the Lord's calling on my life. I had sins too, and I liked them. Still, I didn't want to end up in Hell, so I was feeling torn about it. I did pray to Him asking for a willingness to surrender, He granted it, and I accepted Christ. 

When that happened, the Holy Spirit came into my heart and life. I was changed then, but that didn't mean there were still some struggles. There were. By that difference, everything about me turned from darkness into light. Yes, a transformed person from inside out. Prayer, bible reading, attendance in church for support, and time spent in worship made the entire miraculous turn around. Won't you consider giving Jesus a chance in your life? 

No, I'm interested. I've read other testimonies to see if there are people I can relate to.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.58
  • Days Won:  12

There seems to be some confusion, with a couple of posters, about what the unpardonable sin is, so I'd like to try to clear it up.

Matt. 12:31,32 (MKJV)

31 Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.
32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this world or in the world to come.

The two main interpretations are as follows (although only one of them really goes by what the Bible says):

1) Some suggest that this refers to rejecting the gospel (and therefore the Lord) until you die.  There are numerous problems with this view.

a) It does not even mention blasphemy.

b) It does not distinguish between blasphemy against the Son of Man (the Lord Jesus Christ) and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

c) It necessitates the continuance of a sin until death, which is something completely absent from the passage.

d) It makes unbelief the unpardonable sin, which is, of course, untrue.  Everyone who has ever been saved, previously committed the sin of unbelief.

e) Blasphemy (slanderous speech) and unbelief are entirely different things and unbelief is not the subject of the verses.

f) It fails to notice that unbelief is not an unpardonable sin (i.e. a type of sin that cannot be pardoned) but only an unpardoned sin, if one dies  in this condition.

2) The interpretation that fits the facts is that it is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that is the unpardonable sin.  A specific sin of slanderous speech against the third Person of the Trinity.

a) This deals with the fact that it is blasphemy.

b) It distinguishes between blasphemy against the Lord Jesus and against the Holy Spirit.

c) It does not necessitate a particular time period (e.g. it does not need to be committed until death, to be unpardonable).

d) It is a very rare sin (unlike the sin of unbelief, which is commonplace).

e) It simply accepts the passage, as written and does not try to explain it away.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

No, I'm interested. I've read other testimonies to see if there are people I can relate to.

I'm glad to hear that, Chris. Tell you what then. Since this is the Welcome portion of the forum, it's pretty much for welcoming in new members. I'm going through some major issues right now, and composing in whole might take a complete page. Not to mention hours of exhausted effort. But if you follow the activity from my profile, it's here and there segmented out in portions in archival status. 

960800248_candleflicker.gif.17d886271d7feffde94c429cdb66822d.gifSeek and ye shall find ~ Matthew 7:7

Matthew 7:7 King James Version (KJV) 7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 

Edited by BeauJangles

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm glad to hear that, Chris. Tell you what then. Since this is the Welcome portion of the forum, it's pretty much for welcoming in new members. I'm going through some major issues right now, and composing in whole might take a complete page. Not to mention hours of exhausted effort. But if you follow the activity from my profile, it's here and there segmented out in portions in archival status. 

960800248_candleflicker.gif.17d886271d7feffde94c429cdb66822d.gifSeek and ye shall find ~ Matthew 7:7

Matthew 7:7 King James Version (KJV) 7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 

I don't want to put you through that. I'll go looking around.

• Thanks 1