• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Is there a particular passage of Scripture that you can give me?

What about?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, Chris0699 said:

What about?

Anything. What have your read recently?

10 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Anything. What have your read recently?

I read John 4 and 5 yesterday.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:46 PM, Chris0699 said:

I have read a vast amount of material on the unpardonable sin. The common answer seems to be "as long as our are worried about it" or "you still have desire to repent and be reconciled to God", then you can feel reasonably confident you haven't committed it. I can't say I have either. I had a couple emotional experiences throughout my life and I was baptized at a young age, but I lived like the world and fell away. My heart is incredibly hard against God. I don't even know if I really want it softened. I'm worried about hell and I think I have hardened myself so much that I don't really want God. Like I want to retain control of my life but also don't want to go to hell. I know that is wrong, but I can't do anything about it anymore. I can think about the cross and not weep. I try to imagine my sin being put on Him but I can more understand the emotions of the soldiers and the Jews more than His and the disciples. I also know I have said "I" a lot and I need to get my eyes on Jesus, but in my hardened state I feel that is impossible. Even though I use the language I do, I should be treated as the hardest Christ rejector because that's really what I think I am. I think it would take a miracle to believe at this point. I have been around church, the gospel, and the Bible for most of my life yet I remain unchanged. Rebukes and exhortations don't do anything to me. I am probably wasting my time and yours by posting here, but might as well exhaust every avenue before giving up and accepting my fate because also my children will learn from my example and may also be led astray. I've already posted on two other forums. I need God to change me against my will, so to speak. Some may say He will not do that, but some do. I have to hope that He can and will because that's the only hope I have left. I can't honestly pray because I know I am not sincere. Not sure what to do. The Bible is no comfort.

Hello Chris,

Is has been a few weeks since you posted this, I've been wondering how things have been going? let me encourage you today, God is our ever present help. He is calling you to come into him, however the choice is yours to answer that call.

Hebrews 3:15 15As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.

John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

• Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

I read John 4 and 5 yesterday.

Ok. I will just do a brief comment on the woman at the well.

The woman at the well was a Samaritan. Typically Jews avoided Samaritans and would bypass Samaria altogether, but not Jesus. 

Joh 4:9
(9)  Then said the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that you, being a Jew, ask drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

The Believer's Bible Commentary sheds some light on the situation.

4:7 As the Lord Jesus was sitting by the well, a woman came out from the village to draw water. If, as some scholars say, it was noon, it was a very unusual time for women to go to the well for water; it was the hottest part of the day. But this woman was an immoral sinner, and she may have chosen this time out of a sense of shame because she knew that there would be no other women there to see her. Of course, the Lord Jesus knew all along that she would be at the well at this time. He knew that she was a soul in need, and so He determined to meet her and rescue her from her sinful life.

The well is symbolic as a source of life and forms part of an analogy with Jesus Himself, who as the story unfolds, is our source of spiritual life.

Without water we die physically, without Christ we die spiritually.

Something to think about, believe and act upon.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

The wrong reasons as you previously specified.

Chris, you need face to face guidance here. I don't think a bunch of guys on the internet are going to help all that much. Christianity is a very, VERY personal thing. And it is all about two things: Your relationship with your creator and your relationship with your fellow man. The latter needs personal contact. Reading faces, eyes, body language - personal communication. Doing it here is a little bit like Dear Abby.

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Chris, you need face to face guidance here. I don't think a bunch of guys on the internet are going to help all that much. Christianity is a very, VERY personal thing. And it is all about two things: Your relationship with your creator and your relationship with your fellow man. The latter needs personal contact. Reading faces, eyes, body language - personal communication. Doing it here is a little bit like Dear Abby.

Didn't Paul use a primitive forerunner to the internet to communicate with those whom the Lord gave him? To me this forum equates to written correspondence, which is much favoured in the Bible. 

I'm currently enjoying correspondence with Chris0699 so I hope it continues...:emot-lookaround:

• Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

19 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

No, it's not demonic.

Why do you think it's not demonic? This is how the devil operates. You want to eliminate every possibility that can be hindering you. If you have witchcraft in your lineage, the familiar spirits they let in travel up the family lines. They block people from coming to the Lord.  You should at least make the effort to get rid of any of these influences.

21 minutes ago, Biblican said:

Why do you think it's not demonic? This is how the devil operates. You want to eliminate every possibility that can be hindering you. If you have witchcraft in your lineage, the familiar spirits they let in travel up the family lines. They block people from coming to the Lord.  You should at least make the effort to get rid of any of these influences.

There's no witchcraft in my lineage. Most of my family is at least professing to be Christian.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Okay. If you don't have a familiar spirit trying to block you, (which is good because they are harder to get rid of) you still can be hindered by the devil. He likes to rob God of talent. I still recommend that you get some prayer for deliverance and eliminate any demonic influence, very important. See if that helps.

In the meantime, keep reading God's word like you are doing, and don't worry about feeling anything, just read and talk to God. Tell Him the things you have been telling us. He knows what you need and how to deal with it better than anyone.  He knows what the demonic, emotional and psychological blockages are. Sometimes when we are dealing with things like this we have to keep fighting through, even though the struggle is long. It's the same with dealing with things like lust and other sins.  If we resist the devil he will flee when he knows he can't win. Don't give up. You are going to be okay.