• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

22 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

Yes, no Spirit, no comfort, no conviction, no salvation.

At this point, I don't know what further than has already been spoken to you by everyone here. Traced through the threads, and am rather perplexed by the entire ordeal. Perhaps just this. I'm so very sorry, Chris.

P.S. I still don't think you're hopeless. God bless you, friend.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

People say to cry out for mercy, but that involves a passionate cry. I can only give a little impassionate whimper. Certainly not enough for Jesus to pay attention to or regard.

Trust me on this. It is enough for Jesus to hear and pay attention. I believe you are on the verge of being this: almost persuaded. Do me a favor, and don't harden your heart right now. He loves you far more than your mind's ability to comprehend. 

Almost persuaded

“Almost persuaded” now to believe;
“Almost persuaded” Christ to receive;
  Seems now some soul to say,
  “Go, Spirit, go Thy way,
  Some more convenient day
    on Thee I’ll call.”
“Almost persuaded,” come, come today;
“Almost persuaded,” turn not away;
  Jesus invites you here,
  Angels are ling’ring near,
  Prayers rise from hearts so dear;
    O wand’rer, come!
Oh, be persuaded! Christ never fails—
Oh, be persuaded! His blood avails—
  Can save from every sin,
  Cleanse you without, within—
  Will you not let Him in?
    Open the door!
“Almost persuaded,” harvest is past!
“Almost persuaded,” doom comes at last;
  “Almost” cannot avail;
  “Almost” is but to fail!
  Sad, sad that bitter wail—
    “Almost—but lost!”
Be now persuaded, oh, sinner, hear!
Be now persuaded, Jesus is near;
  His voice is pleading still,
  Turn now with heart and will,
  Peace will your spirit fill—
    Oh, turn today!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

I am not saved. True belief results in works, and those works are not present, nor is a growing love for Jesus. And there are no signs that I am being drawn to Jesus. Just apathy. People say to cry out for mercy, but that involves a passionate cry. I can only give a little impassionate whimper. Certainly not enough for Jesus to pay attention to or regard.

The best Christian i have ever known, was one of the the worst type people....before he was born again.

This Guy, who, became famous worldwide, taught me.   I sat at his feet for a few years.... and the Holy Spirit showed me Light.

I stumbled across Him , because i had questions that needed answers, and He was the one who had them.    God gave me a divine appointment, as if i was the only person on earth.  As if i was the only one here with a problem that needed His answer.  So, He sent me a teacher.  A great one.

And.  what a great teacher is all about.  They are great because God somehow takes their words that He taught them,  and talks to the heart of a hearer.   They dont talk to your mind, they talk to your heart,.... but its not them.  Its their words yes....., but its God talking to your heart.

Ive sat in church services and heard some amazing revelation about a verse or something related to understanding God, and this was not actually said by the minister.  It was something that was shown to my heart by the anointing that was present on the words.  An anointed teacher, or minster,......they can read a verse or post it, and then someone who has not the same anointing, can post the same, or even teach using almost the same words.  And the anointed teacher, .. their words are like life and light.    Big Difference.......  You'll read them, hear them, and its like...****LIGHTBULB*****......there is just that ......something..........that something............and that something is God.

So, this teacher, who built churches, and has missionaries like me all over the world.....he got saved  after an all night drunk, kneeling by the toilet, .... sick, over 50 yrs ago.

He got up from that bathroom floor,  and Christ was ALIVE IN HIM !!!   He was a preaching and teaching machine soon after that encounter.

And why am i telling you all this?   Because with GOD, all things are possible.

-----------

So, .. you say you are not saved.   Well, God is not looking for you to change yourself to BE saved.  He doe not need you to have the right feeling.   See, Many ignorant ministers think and teach like that...They want you to be worthy enough to be saved... Which of course is nonsense.   None of us are worthy enough, but we are all lost enough, and Jesus came to seek and saved "that", (us) which is "lost".  God is simply offering you what He offered me.  The Truth   A chance to belong to Him.  A chance to be with Jesus after i die.  And He offered me Love, which i didn't have much of in my life till i met God.   Im not a product of a happy family or a happy marriage.  Some children are not here by happy expectation.  They are just here.  And these kind(s) of Children need God's love the most, and He loves to be their Father and their family, ...let me tell you that for certain.   To the Atheist God is "God the Judge"......but to the believer, God is "daddy"....He's daddy.

And then there is this...   We live in a horrible world.  Its filled with liars, haters, and hopelessness.  This world is a big con job. Its a big fat LIAR. Its a spinning ball of lies.    It promises you happiness then delivers nothing, and then baits you to try something else that delivers the same emptiness, day after day, grind after grinding ALL LIFE LONG.  That what this world is all about.  Its all about burning you out on the inside, by the time you are about 40 or younger, having chased its lying promises endlessly until all your hope is spent.

Everyone comes to a existential crisis sooner or later.  And noone has any hope for tomorrow, if they don't have Jesus.   That's just reality, Chris0699

A person is thinking about this stuff that we are talking about.  And they think.  "well, im only here 60-80 yrs, (if im lucky).... and then im on the other side forever.  Today im talking to Behold on a forum, and then the next day, im on the obituary page and DONE....   """So, if i know this, then why is all this little bit of time down here convincing me that it matters more then what is coming to me after im DEAD."""""

Chris, a thinking person always comes to a specific type of math..  Its this....... The temporary, vs, the Eternal.   Which is more important.......choose wisely.

Now,  you are here and there are no accidents in life.  Things dont just happen.  Chance, Luck, Fate....are illusion words.      People dont just show up on a forum like this talking about God with people who love God, .....by accident.

You remember that i told you that.

Now, God is only wanting you to be His.  Do you want to be His or not?   You get to choose, and i promise you that God will honor your choice, now, and after you are dead. 

And whatever life you think you can have, whatever happiness, will never be as good as it could be be for you (down here) if He is not in it.   I promise you that.  And then, after you die, ...the life He has for you, ... there are no words to describe it.

God is not looking for the right words from you, Chris.   He is looking for you to be His.   That's why Jesus went to the Cross.   God just wants you to be a part of His family, and if you want to, then do what many do.. You just sincerely say ..>"God, take me, i want to be yours."    See, you already know why Christ died, so, what you need to do now is accept God's offer of Love.  Its a free Gift.  Costs you nothing to get it, because it cost Jesus everything to give it to you .

That what it means to be saved, Chris.   It means that we turn TO GOD, and say...."here i am, take me'..........  = I did.   He took me.    And he'll take you.   

talk to you later,

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

The Parable of the Sower is what you need to hear, friend.....In a nutshell — There are four types Of  “ soil” that represents the hearts of men ( you can google the story for details) three types of people do not make it.Only one does ....God wants everybody to come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, but only  a fraction of Mankind does. “ Good Soil” in this current Age Of Grace would be the one who Believes that Jesus died for their sins and then rose from the dead.That is the Gospel that will get you saved if you simply believe and rest in it........this Gospel Of Paul From 1cor15:1-4  is “foolishness” to those that are Bad Soil -Those That will Perish.The only hope you have is that The Holy Spirit will pay you a visit and will take your heart of stone and turn it into a Contrite one.These visits of the Holy Spirit are at the behest of God— NOT us.The initiative belongs to God, not us.God wants you to be saved, but if you use your freedom to decline a gift that He holds out to you, you should realize that God does not need you- you can add nothing to Him.Your deserved Damnation will not cause God to fall off of His Throne .My first sincere prayer to God was that he make me Good Soil. He did.Nothing has  been the same since.I strongly urge You to make the same move that I did.  “Turn to me and I will turn to you”......Turn to God as a Hell-deserving , lost sinner and put your Trust in Jesus to save you. Pray to be made “ good soil”.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

I do not have the eloquence that many on this board have, but I want to respond to these words. What I can suggest is for you to open your Bible to Matthew, and read the 4 Gospels. Even if you have read these books before, read them again. What you will find is that Jesus paid attention to people in many different circumstances. He even prayed for Peter when He knew Peter would deny Him (Luke 22). He died a painful death so that we could be with Him and Father in Heaven. 

2 Peter 3:9:The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Once I find my phone charger, I am going to spend some time reading the gospels (probably John). If you would be willing to pray that Jesus would be willing to reveal Himself to me through that, it would be appreciated. 

• Praying! 5

3 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

Absolutely, and I am sure many others here are praying for you as well. Please know that we have a Prayer Request area as well. Welcome to Worthy. 

I have posted in there. Thank you.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

I am not saved. True belief results in works, and those works are not present, nor is a growing love for Jesus. And there are no signs that I am being drawn to Jesus. Just apathy. People say to cry out for mercy, but that involves a passionate cry. I can only give a little impassionate whimper. Certainly not enough for Jesus to pay attention to or regard.

Can you stay on the forum with us, Chris0699. I hope you will. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. These are all God's Will for us. A spirit of apathy is hindering your progress towards your liberty in Christ. Tell it to go to the place of its divine appointment, command it to depart from you in the name of Jesus Christ and then immediately ask the Holy Spirit to fill you and prevent this foul spirit of apathy from returning. 

Here is My Servant
2He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the streets. 3A bruised reed He will not break and a smoldering wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice. 4He will not grow weak or discouraged before He has established justice on the earth. In His law the coastlands will put their hope.”…

• Loved it! 1

17 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Can you stay on the forum with us, Chris0699. I hope you will. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. These are all God's Will for us. A spirit of apathy is hindering your progress towards your liberty in Christ. Tell it to go to the place of its divine appointment, command it to depart from you in the name of Jesus Christ and then immediately ask the Holy Spirit to fill you and prevent this foul spirit of apathy from returning. 

Here is My Servant
2He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the streets. 3A bruised reed He will not break and a smoldering wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice. 4He will not grow weak or discouraged before He has established justice on the earth. In His law the coastlands will put their hope.”…

I'll stay on the forum.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  12

23 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

The longest journey always starts with one, small step.  You have to start from where you are (everyone does).  We don't need to be strong alive and spiritual for Jesus to save us, because that is HIS work in us, once he has saved us!

If a little whimper is all you have, then give the Lord that little whimper!  The widow gave more than all the rich people, when she put in her tiny coins, because they were all she had.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I was backslidden when our first son was born.   Knowing that my influence would only last a few years and then their dad would be the big influence, I first started again following Christ, and then started praying for my husband's salvation.  It took a few yeas since he had been pretty hardened and enslaved in sin.  But he first asked God to help him and then told me he didn't know why he had waited so long.  He had peace!.  He was baptized 6 months later and then our sons started begging to be baptized as well.  45 years later they and their families are serving God.

Your family certainly will follow your leadership.  It may even influence their children.  That is why an unsaved person's sins are visited on their children down to the 3rd and 4th generations.  It is the ungodly influence on them.  So I am asking God to also make you a godly influence on your children.  So don't lie to Him, tell Him exactly how your feel and why.  Then pray "God have mercy on me, a sinner",  You only need to ask God to make you willing.  God is good at that.  

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1