• Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

Well, I'm screwed then.

And Jesus was nailed...with you in mind. 

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

So, are you saying that if someone who is a believer says to God he doesn't want Him any more but then he realizes that he was wrong and wants nothing more than to be God's asks God to be his Father forever asks to be forgiven for saying that has no hope? 

So then someone like that could go on for many years loving God more than anyone or anything thinking he is God's son, then one day for the first time in his life he learns about unpardonable sin and that now it is too late.  

Based on many times seeing people worried about if they committed the unpardonable sin the above example is basically their story.  Then they try to find out the answer to what this sin really means, but just become more and more confused and never are truly sure what this sin really means. 

Let me try and explain my thoughts and views another way if I'm understanding your thoughts correctly.

Someone whom is so concerned and worried that they have committed 'the unpardonable sin', should indicate they have NOT committed it. They are NOT damned to Hell at this point, and are eligible for Salvation. As I said above; we can't visually witness the miracles Jesus did in His ministry, nor are we able to attribute the miracles Jesus performed through the Holy Spirit and say evil entities are performing them; thereby calling the Holy Spirit evil like the Pharisees did. That was unforgivable.

Therefore; the unpardonable sin is; by rejection, omission or delay of NOT accepting the free gift of Salvation of the purchase price made by Christ's death, burial and resurrection on the Cross while we are yet alive on this earth, is the unpardonable sin. When a non-believer dies he immediately goes to a holding place named Hades or Hell [the torment side that still remains, a holding area or jail if you will] awaiting the Great White Thrown Judgment and then cast into the Lake of Fire. At the very moment of physical death, there is no chance of forgiveness, their fate is sealed, they died in their sins and can in no way be forgiven or pardoned them, it's to late; i.e. the unpardonable sin of rejecting Christ when they had the chance alive on earth, the second death [damnation] is looming. 

It appears to me you have interjected questions about 'once saved always saved' [OSAS] or not??? There's much debate and argument on both sides of this issue. I personally believe in OSAS for many reasons and it's a topic much discussed here on Worthy, that usually leads to name calling and heated arguments. 

Disclaimer: The preceding is just one Christian's hermeneutic view and belief of scripture. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Okay.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever it is, I am not in a good place. Everyone says concern over sin and a desire to turn to God are signs you have not committed that sin, but I cannot honestly say I am there. When my crisis first hit, I was terrified - not eating, trying to avoid sin like mad, reading sermons like crazy, spending lots of work time researching, etc. But much of that has faded away, largely, probably due to hopelessness. I am probably closer to @Blood Bought 1953's suggestion of getting my pleasure in while I can, but I can't be content with that because I would be going to hell and possibly taking my family with me. So, whatever the nature of the sin, I am either on the brink of it, am currently commiting it, or have committed it and I am wasting my time being here when I should be living it up.

And the cure, belief and repentance, seems unclear and impossible to obtain.

I know that it is possible and many people have, but for whatever reason it's not coming together for me.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/20/2019 at 6:46 PM, Chris0699 said:

I have read a vast amount of material on the unpardonable sin. ...

I think this will help. If you have committed the unpardonable sin, you don't care. 

Edited by Still Alive
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

51 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

Whatever it is, I am not in a good place. Everyone says concern over sin and a desire to turn to God are signs you have not committed that sin, but I cannot honestly say I am there. When my crisis first hit, I was terrified - not eating, trying to avoid sin like mad, reading sermons like crazy, spending lots of work time researching, etc. But much of that has faded away, largely, probably due to hopelessness. I am probably closer to @Blood Bought 1953's suggestion of getting my pleasure in while I can, but I can't be content with that because I would be going to hell and possibly taking my family with me. So, whatever the nature of the sin, I am either on the brink of it, am currently commiting it, or have committed it and I am wasting my time being here when I should be living it up.

If you think being good will help, you're doing it wrong. You are no better or worse than any man alive or dead. That is not what Christianity is about.

You are trying to be a brain surgeon without even acknowledging that you need to go to medical school. That's why it's so hard. The first step is to ask yourself why do you even want to be a brain surgeon. The rest follows. 

And if you want to be a Christian because hell terrifies you, then you are REALLY doing it wrong. I have great news. If you believe, you enjoy eternity with your creator. If you don't, well, as Ecclesiastes says, you eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of your labor, and then you die. You are just a human animal given the gift of life, like all the other life on the planet. This is it. Make the most of it.

But Jesus offers a better way for those that hear him knocking. If you hear, let him in. The rest will take care of itself. And yes, you will have bad days. Think of this life as a form of boot camp. Nobody said it would be easy. And nobody said you would successfully handle every obstacle. The goal is to seek perfection. You will not reach it. And even if you did, you would still not be "better" than anyone else on the planet. It is clear that God sees all our works as filthy rags. And to be clear, when you read about dead works, it is not referring to sins. It's referring to works you do to ensure that you really are saved. Because it's not at all about works. It is ALL about belief.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I think the problem people have, as least if they are like me, have never seen a definition that is clear.  I still have not.  For example, what does c above mean? As for e above,  when something is difficult to understand, saying that doesn't help.  It is like you are just saying it means what it says.  But if we don't understand what it says, we will continue to not understand what it means. 

Blasphemy means "injurious speech" (e.g. slander); therefore, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is injurious speech against the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Those that committed  the Unpardonable Sin told Jesus to His face  “ You have a demon!” A  Totally unique situation......unless you have an opportunity to talk to Jesus face to face in the here and now, I would not worry about it.......THose That did this terrible thing weren’t worried, and , in fact,if you told them that they had just committed a sin that was unforgivable , they would have laughed in your face.....