• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/11/2019 at 8:43 AM, Chris0699 said:

There's no witchcraft in my lineage. Most of my family is at least professing to be Christian.

Hi Chris, I felt led to share this with you. Many years ago I was attending a church service. There was a special singing  group visiting that day. As they were singing, I looked at the people worshiping and all of a sudden my faith was wiped out. I thought to myself, these people are worshiping nothing. It was an awful feeling. Then one of the singers stepped off the podium and came directly over to me. She said, "The Lord told me to pray for you." I said, "Yes He did." She prayed, the spirit that was attacking me left and the veil was lifted. I believe you are undergoing a similar attack. Again, you need to get prayer from someone who can hear the Spirit and has had some experience in dealing with demonic attacks. Keep me posted, please let me know how you are doing. God bless.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In my opinion, the unpardonable sin is refusing the free gift of life and love of god.

Its rejecting unconditional love.....its unforgivable because if God forgives it, he has to let you go and stop loving you. He will understand why you reject it, whether it be bad experiences, or a bitter heart.  And god will not let a person go, he will always try to save you and will always love you.

The Day of the Lord
8Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. 10But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and its works will be laid bare.

God knows you, underneath your masks, underneath your anger and bitterness. He wants you to get to know him.

Edited by Acewestfall

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Hello @Chris0699! I've been embroiled in a trial of my own so I haven't been keeping up with your progress, my friend. My apologies! I don't think it's my place to present myself as knowledgeable or worse, some kind of expert who has the answers you seek. Nope!

However... it is my place to share some of my testimony with you. It occurs to me that you're not aware of what I faced (and still face) in this life. I'll put some of it in nutshell format since a novella isn't needed here. ;) 

and...

• A sinner like everyone else
  • Was baptized at the age of 26 and then turned away for close to 24 years...
  • Had five wives
  • Lost everything I owned (possessions & money)
  • Lost my family
  • Lost my friends
  • Was an atheist

And finally, I lost the desire to live. Yet here I am anyway, Chris. Believe and trust in Jesus Christ, my friend. All things are possible to the Son of God!

I am about as far away from believing and trusting in Christ as can be. Just apathy. I don't know if it's because I am in open rejection or if I am losing hope that He cares and that's the reason for the apathy. I have to be able to call out to God for help, but my "prayers" are but lip service and empty thoughts. I can only hope that somehow He would break in. I may sound like an honest seeker, but I am anything but. I have read the Bible cover to cover at least once (a long time ago) and read at least something daily but so far nothing. The requirements for answered prayer seem daunting, too. Because I have a very bad sin loving heart that is constantly turning away from God. And a self righteous attitude that thinks better of myself than I am.

6 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Hello @Chris0699! I've been embroiled in a trial of my own so I haven't been keeping up with your progress, my friend. My apologies! I don't think it's my place to present myself as knowledgeable or worse, some kind of expert who has the answers you seek. Nope!

However... it is my place to share some of my testimony with you. It occurs to me that you're not aware of what I faced (and still face) in this life. I'll put some of it in nutshell format since a novella isn't needed here. ;) 

and...

• A sinner like everyone else
  • Was baptized at the age of 26 and then turned away for close to 24 years...
  • Had five wives
  • Lost everything I owned (possessions & money)
  • Lost my family
  • Lost my friends
  • Was an atheist

And finally, I lost the desire to live. Yet here I am anyway, Chris. Believe and trust in Jesus Christ, my friend. All things are possible to the Son of God!

This does at least give me some hope, thank you, and best to you as you work through your struggle. Thank you for sharing with me.

22 hours ago, Biblican said:

Hi Chris, I felt led to share this with you. Many years ago I was attending a church service. There was a special singing  group visiting that day. As they were singing, I looked at the people worshiping and all of a sudden my faith was wiped out. I thought to myself, these people are worshiping nothing. It was an awful feeling. Then one of the singers stepped off the podium and came directly over to me. She said, "The Lord told me to pray for you." I said, "Yes He did." She prayed, the spirit that was attacking me left and the veil was lifted. I believe you are undergoing a similar attack. Again, you need to get prayer from someone who can hear the Spirit and has had some experience in dealing with demonic attacks. Keep me posted, please let me know how you are doing. God bless.

I need an intervention like this. I just have no assurance that, given the state of my heart, that He would be willing to do it.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, Revlori said:

Hello Chris,

Is has been a few weeks since you posted this, I've been wondering how things have been going? let me encourage you today, God is our ever present help. He is calling you to come into him, however the choice is yours to answer that call.

Hebrews 3:15 15As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.

John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Thank you @Revlori for checking on me. I believe I am already hardened. The decisions that led to this place were made a long time ago. This process has just made me aware of said hardness. Still a long way from actually doing something about it. All my efforts to try to do something about it have been fruitless so far.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

Thank you @Revlori for checking on me. I believe I am already hardened. The decisions that led to this place were made a long time ago. This process has just made me aware of said hardness. Still a long way from actually doing something about it. All my efforts to try to do something about it have been fruitless so far.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry For not understanding your reasons for you claiming that your already hardened, and you certainty don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but what do you believe has caused you to believe this? 

1 hour ago, Revlori said:

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry For not understanding your reasons for you claiming that your already hardened, and you certainty don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but what do you believe has caused you to believe this? 

I'm comfortable in a life of sin and unbelief in Jesus, and no matter how hard I try to think of the consequences, I will still not change. I know I have to believe in Jesus, and set aside my pride, but I can't get to that place no matter what I do. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Chris0699 said:

I'm comfortable in a life of sin and unbelief in Jesus, and no matter how hard I try to think of the consequences, I will still not change. I know I have to believe in Jesus, and set aside my pride, but I can't get to that place no matter what I do. 

What I see Chris is that you are searching for God, and Satan is lying to you. As a friend to friend here, ( which I believe we are)let me ask you ,why are you here ( at worthy I mean)  the reason I ask is, when I was in the world, living in sin and rebellion. I loved it at the time, and I would not of been talking with anyone about my hard heart. When people would ask me to come to church, I wouldn't. When people would want to discuss my sin, I would walk away, until I reached the end of my rope so to speak. The holy spirit was drawing me many times, even through I continued to reject that,but then one day, I fell to my knees and answered him. Here I am Lord forgive me, I need you....that changed my heart inside, but there was a lot of work to be done with me on the outside. God has changed me a lot but there is still work to be done. I say all of this to show you that your willingness to talk with me and so many others don't seem that you are so hard that God won't forgive you or call you. Do you see what I mean?

22 minutes ago, Revlori said:

What I see Chris is that you are searching for God, and Satan is lying to you. As a friend to friend here, ( which I believe we are)let me ask you ,why are you here ( at worthy I mean)  the reason I ask is, when I was in the world, living in sin and rebellion. I loved it at the time, and I would not of been talking with anyone about my hard heart. When people would ask me to come to church, I wouldn't. When people would want to discuss my sin, I would walk away, until I reached the end of my rope so to speak. The holy spirit was drawing me many times, even through I continued to reject that,but then one day, I fell to my knees and answered him. Here I am Lord forgive me, I need you....that changed my heart inside, but there was a lot of work to be done with me on the outside. God has changed me a lot but there is still work to be done. I say all of this to show you that your willingness to talk with me and so many others don't seem that you are so hard that God won't forgive you or call you. Do you see what I mean?

I think I do. Thank you.