Chris0699

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Well, for Christmas, if anyone wants to see God do something impossible, it's to save me. Not only a hardened sinner, but a gospel hardened sinner. I am blind to the very power that is supposed to move me to Christ, and short of Him making me able to see it, despite everything I am doing, it won't come to pass. Thank you all.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 11/20/2019 at 3:46 PM, Chris0699 said:

I have read a vast amount of material on the unpardonable sin. The common answer seems to be "as long as our are worried about it" or "you still have desire to repent and be reconciled to God", then you can feel reasonably confident you haven't committed it. I can't say I have either. I had a couple emotional experiences throughout my life and I was baptized at a young age, but I lived like the world and fell away. My heart is incredibly hard against God. I don't even know if I really want it softened. I'm worried about hell and I think I have hardened myself so much that I don't really want God. Like I want to retain control of my life but also don't want to go to hell. I know that is wrong, but I can't do anything about it anymore. I can think about the cross and not weep. I try to imagine my sin being put on Him but I can more understand the emotions of the soldiers and the Jews more than His and the disciples. I also know I have said "I" a lot and I need to get my eyes on Jesus, but in my hardened state I feel that is impossible. Even though I use the language I do, I should be treated as the hardest Christ rejector because that's really what I think I am. I think it would take a miracle to believe at this point. I have been around church, the gospel, and the Bible for most of my life yet I remain unchanged. Rebukes and exhortations don't do anything to me. I am probably wasting my time and yours by posting here, but might as well exhaust every avenue before giving up and accepting my fate because also my children will learn from my example and may also be led astray. I've already posted on two other forums. I need God to change me against my will, so to speak. Some may say He will not do that, but some do. I have to hope that He can and will because that's the only hope I have left. I can't honestly pray because I know I am not sincere. Not sure what to do. The Bible is no comfort.

This is an easy fix  You need the baptism of the Holy Ghost to change your stony heart(hard) into a fleshy heart(soft)  

Then you need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ(name invoked in the water) for the remission of your sins.

After that, just get into your prayer closet and pray in tongues alone a few times a week.

You will be completely changed and remain changed for life.

....try it.

1 minute ago, KJVOnly said:

This is an easy fix  You need the baptism of the Holy Ghost to change your stony heart(hard) into a fleshy heart(soft)  

Then you need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ(name invoked in the water) for the remission of your sins.

After that, just get into your prayer closet and pray in tongues alone a few times a week.

You will be completely changed and remain changed for life.

....try it.

Sure, it sounds easy. But no one gets the baptism of the Holy Spirit without a divine action from God. No one is even willing to receive it without divine action from God. A willing heart is evidence that God is at work. But I don't have one. Despite everything I'm saying, I'm comfortable flopping around in sin. Sure, I know it will take me to hell, but what can I possibly do about it if I have sinned away all the means to change?

Just now, Chris0699 said:

Sure, it sounds easy. But no one gets the baptism of the Holy Spirit without a divine action from God. No one is even willing to receive it without divine action from God. A willing heart is evidence that God is at work. But I don't have one. Despite everything I'm saying, I'm comfortable flopping around in sin. Sure, I know it will take me to hell, but what can I possibly do about it if I have sinned away all the means to change?

Funny thing, I was comfortable in sin too.

The Holy Ghost just flattened me off the couch at a girlfriend's house as I was sorta speaking to God.

This started without "seeking" it for myself.

You are right there, right now.

Just admit it, you are being called....

6 minutes ago, KJVOnly said:

Funny thing, I was comfortable in sin too.

The Holy Ghost just flattened me off the couch at a girlfriend's house as I was sorta speaking to God.

This started without "seeking" it for myself.

You are right there, right now.

Just admit it, you are being called....

Well, if I am, pray that it is so. Because I see zero evidence of it. I've been at this for about a year and a half. Quit at least three major sin patterns, daily prayer, Bible study groups, nothing. And people just get hit with the Spirit while doing nothing. Some even while in outright profligate no holds barred sin. I must have really made Him mad.

Just now, Chris0699 said:

Well, if I am, pray that it is so. Because I see zero evidence of it. I've been at this for about a year and a half. Quit at least three major sin patterns, daily prayer, Bible study groups, nothing. And people just get hit with the Spirit while doing nothing. Some even while in outright profligate no holds barred sin. I must have really made Him mad.

Nah, the lord Jesus Christ just wants a commitment.

He wants you done with goofing off in sin.

Simply tell Him that goofing off seems to be getting old, and that you are done.

He will flatten you too.

2 minutes ago, KJVOnly said:

Nah, the lord Jesus Christ just wants a commitment.

He wants you done with goofing off in sin.

Simply tell Him that goofing off seems to be getting old, and that you are done.

He will flatten you too.

I could say that but I would be lying. That's probably the whole reason He is staying away from me. I can't find the will to give it all up.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, Michael37 said:

Didn't Paul use a primitive forerunner to the internet to communicate with those whom the Lord gave him? To me this forum equates to written correspondence, which is much favoured in the Bible. 

I'm currently enjoying correspondence with Chris0699 so I hope it continues...:emot-lookaround:

Yep. But they were PRIVATE letters. Internet forums are a completely different concept. PM's would be analogous to the written letter of the day.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

I could say that but I would be lying. That's probably the whole reason He is staying away from me. I can't find the will to give it all up.

Chris, 

If it is by your will ("I can't find the will..."), then you are trying to do what in and of yourself is not possible. Simply, you can't do it. Jesus said, "Apart from me you can do nothing." So you must call out to the only One who, by His Spirit, can do what you can't. 

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

Chris, 

If it is by your will ("I can't find the will..."), then you are trying to do what in and of yourself is not possible. Simply, you can't do it. Jesus said, "Apart from me you can do nothing." So you must call out to the only One who, by His Spirit, can do what you can't. 

You have to already be willing before you call out.

Isaiah 59: 1-2

Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save,
    nor his ear too dull to hear.
But your iniquities have separated
    you from your God;
your sins have hidden his face from you,
    so that he will not hear.

I've been calling out for a year and a half and nothing. Either I am not calling out, though I think I am, or the Lord is refusing to hear. Either way, something is wrong with me.