• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

But I do also believe the power of Satan is real and can be used by certain people to perform incredible acts, and even God Himself may help bring it to pass in allowing these so called "miracles" to occur, kind of like a precursor to 2ndThess-2:9-11.

And like Paul's thorn in the flesh, which was a messenger from Satan given to him to keep him humble.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Oh, so that's what 37 means? And all this time it kept reminding me of Cool Hand Luke's prison#, maybe you've heard that one before?? Either way i would agree that God can send a "messenger of Satan" to anyone He chooses, and Paul was just a major example in the Bible. And it is not always going to be something physical but i think the what it does to us mentally or emotionally is what will affect us the most. But the problem i think is actually recognizing whether it is an actual "thorn" from Satan through God or just something that has happened to you as a part of life? 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Either way i would agree that God can send a "messenger of Satan" to anyone He chooses, and Paul was just a major example in the Bible. And it is not always going to be something physical but i think the what it does to us mentally or emotionally is what will affect us the most. But the problem i think is actually recognizing whether it is an actual "thorn" from Satan through God or just something that has happened to you as a part of life? 

Formulas come in handy, and are a form of wisdom. According to Scripture there are two kinds of wisdom, the heavenly kind (from above), and the earthly, sensual, demonic kind. My having three seven letter names gives me reason to associate with the numbers 3 and 7, hence my cybergraph.  

Jas 3:13-18
(13)  Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
(14)  But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
(15)  This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
(16)  For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
(17)  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(18)  Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

As for Paul's thorn in the flesh may I suggest reading the previous two chapters for context, particularly noting when Paul introduces the subject of boasting in chapter 10, and then taking note of all the unpleasant things he kept having to endure in chapter 11.

As you may be aware, Paul was a scholar, and he plays around with the foolishness of boasting only in order to teach that while his sufferings are due to Satan's desire to stop him spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ, they are permitted by God as part of His Plan to keep Paul humble. (See Act 9:13-16
(13)  Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
(14)  And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."
(15)  But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
(16)  For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake
.")

2Co 10:7-8
(7)  Do you look at things according to the outward appearance? If anyone is convinced in himself that he is Christ's, let him again consider this in himself, that just as he is Christ's, even so we are Christ's.
(8)  For even if I should boast somewhat more about our authority, which the Lord gave us for edification and not for your destruction, I shall not be ashamed—
2Co 11:24-33
(24)  From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one.
(25)  Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;
(26)  in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
(27)  in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness—
(28)  besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.
(29)  Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?
(30)  If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity.
(31)  The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
(32)  In Damascus the governor, under Aretas the king, was guarding the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me;
(33)  but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 11/29/2019 at 9:51 PM, Willa said:

I was backslidden when our first son was born.   Knowing that my influence would only last a few years and then their dad would be the big influence, I first started again following Christ, and then started praying for my husband's salvation.  It took a few yeas since he had been pretty hardened and enslaved in sin.  But he first asked God to help him and then told me he didn't know why he had waited so long.  He had peace!.  He was baptized 6 months later and then our sons started begging to be baptized as well.  45 years later they and their families are serving God.

Your family certainly will follow your leadership.  It may even influence their children.  That is why an unsaved person's sins are visited on their children down to the 3rd and 4th generations.  It is the ungodly influence on them.  So I am asking God to also make you a godly influence on your children.  So don't lie to Him, tell Him exactly how your feel and why.  Then pray "God have mercy on me, a sinner",  You only need to ask God to make you willing.  God is good at that.  

Willa, I'm glad this worked out for your family. Would you please be willing to petition God on behalf of my family? I am an evil man, a wolf in disguise. Please pray that a godly man or person, I don't care, would be put into this family for my wife and children. I don't care if it means my life on this Earth is shortened and I go to hell. God will not listen to someone in my condition - there are many verses that attest to that. So, please ask Him on my behalf if you are willing. Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

Isaiah 65:24

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Greetings there Sonshine!

This verse and promise is so powerful and fascinating it boggles my mind. The way I understand it, right now during the age of Grace, God will always answer a Christians prayer with yes, no or wait for His perfect timing and purposes. In context, I take this verse to apply to the millennium, and the nation of Israel in particular. 

Imagine: Your prayer is answered even before you're finished praying! WOW!

Your thoughts???

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/17/1957

Dear Chris0699,

Go on Google and type in the Search:
Ellen White Audio Books.

Then click on the link that says Audiobooks – EllenWhiteAudio

Listen to the Audio of the following Books below. Set aside a certain amount of time each day, and before listening, ask God to change your heart. 

Go on Google and type in the Search:
Amazing Facts

Then click on the link that says Amazing Facts - Christian Media

At the top where the links click on Bible Study, then when you get to that page scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Bible Study Guides.
Click to Read and listen to the Bible Studies there. On each of the Bible Study pages at the top you will see a link that says Related Media. Click on those links to watch the corresponding Video for each of the Bible Studies. 
And again, Set aside a certain amount of time each day, and before listening, ask God to change your heart. 

You can also go on Google and in the Search type in Amazing Discoveries Total Onslaught.

Then click the link that says Total Onslaught - Amazing Discoveries

At the top of the page click where it says ADTV

When you get there click the square that says Total Onslaught

Then click Total Onslaught English and watch that Video Series too.

You should copy and paste this on a Computer Notepad or in Microsoft Word and save it for Future Reference.

I will pray for you.

God Bless you. 

Books
Patriarchs and Prophets
Volume 1 covers from the rebellion of Satan in heaven to King David.

Prophets and Kings
Volume 2 covers events from King Solomon to Malachi.

The Desire of Ages
Main article: The Desire of Ages
Volume 3 covers the life and ministry of Jesus.

Acts of the Apostles
Volume 4 covers from the Great Commission to John the Revelator on Patmos.

The Great Controversy
Volume 5 covers the 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem, through Church History, to the end of sin and the recreation of the earth.

_________

Books
Steps to Christ
Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing
Christ’s Object Lessons

Edited by ChristianChatter
  • Thanks 1