Jump to content
ZacharyB

The reasons for and against BACs being habitual sinners

Recommended Posts

Here’s a list of reasons why BACs cannot help but be habitual sinners

 

Here’s a list of reasons why BACs must continue to be habitual sinners

 

Here’s a list of reasons why BACs do NOT have to be habitual sinners

“When you came to Christ … Christ performed a spiritual circumcision

-- the cutting away of your sinful nature” (Colossians 2:11)

“we should NO longer be slaves of sin.” (Romans 6:6)

“For he who has died (with Christ) has been FREED from sin.” (Romans 6:7)

“reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin” (Romans 6:11

“For sin shall NOT have dominion over you” (Romans 6:14)

“you WERE slaves of sin” (Romans 6:17, Romans 6:20)

“And having been set FREE from sin” (Romans 6:18, Romans 6:22)

“Christ Jesus has made me FREE from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:2)

“Christ made us right with God … and he FREED us from sin.” (1 Corinthians 1:30, NLT)

 

Since BACs …

● are new creations

● have the indwelling Holy Spirit

● have all of God’s Scriptures

● have been set FREE from the bondage of sin

… they have absolutely NO excuse for continuing to be habitual sinners!

 

Therefore, BACs are accountable to God for their words, deeds, actions, etc.

 

“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,

whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,

OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

 

Edited by ZacharyB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, ZacharyB said:

Since BACs …

● are new creations

● have the indwelling Holy Spirit

● have all of God’s Scriptures

● have been set FREE from the bondage of sin

… they have absolutely NO excuse for continuing to be habitual sinners!

 

Therefore, BACs are accountable to God for their words, deeds, actions, etc.

 

“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,

whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,

OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

 

Amen. 

 

It is by His grace, we can walk in the righteousness of the new life we have been given in Christ. 

 

JLB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, ZacharyB said:

Here’s a list of reasons why BACs cannot help but be habitual sinners

 

Here’s a list of reasons why BACs must continue to be habitual sinners

 

Here’s a list of reasons why BACs do NOT have to be habitual sinners

“When you came to Christ … Christ performed a spiritual circumcision

-- the cutting away of your sinful nature” (Colossians 2:11)

“we should NO longer be slaves of sin.” (Romans 6:6)

“For he who has died (with Christ) has been FREED from sin.” (Romans 6:7)

“reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin” (Romans 6:11

“For sin shall NOT have dominion over you” (Romans 6:14)

“you WERE slaves of sin” (Romans 6:17, Romans 6:20)

“And having been set FREE from sin” (Romans 6:18, Romans 6:22)

“Christ Jesus has made me FREE from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:2)

“Christ made us right with God … and he FREED us from sin.” (1 Corinthians 1:30, NLT)

 

Since BACs …

● are new creations

● have the indwelling Holy Spirit

● have all of God’s Scriptures

● have been set FREE from the bondage of sin

… they have absolutely NO excuse for continuing to be habitual sinners!

 

Therefore, BACs are accountable to God for their words, deeds, actions, etc.

 

“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,

whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,

OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

 

The Bible clearly declares that born again Christians ARE NOT habitual sinners!

1 John 3:1-9 (EMTV)

 1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! On account of this the world does not know you, because it did not know Him.
  2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been made manifest what we shall be, but we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.
  3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
  4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
  5 And you know that He appeared that He might take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
  6 Everyone who abides in Him does not sin; everyone who sins has not seen Him nor has he known Him.
  7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
  8 He who practices sin is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this reason the Son of God appeared, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
  9 No one who has been born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David1701 said:

The Bible clearly declares that born again Christians ARE NOT habitual sinners!

1 John 3:1-9 (EMTV)

 1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! On account of this the world does not know you, because it did not know Him.
  2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been made manifest what we shall be, but we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.
  3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
  4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
  5 And you know that He appeared that He might take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
  6 Everyone who abides in Him does not sin; everyone who sins has not seen Him nor has he known Him.
  7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
  8 He who practices sin is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this reason the Son of God appeared, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
  9 No one who has been born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

 

Born again Christians must practice righteousness to be considered righteous.

 

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

 

 

Do you understand what the parable of the lost sheep, and the prodigal son teaches?

 

 

 JLB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JLB said:

 

Born again Christians must practice righteousness to be considered righteous.

 

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

 

 

Do you understand what the parable of the lost sheep, and the prodigal son teaches?

 

 

 JLB 

The verse you have just quoted (excellent verse, by the way!) is saying that the one who practises (British spelling) righteousness is demonstrating the fact that he has a righteous nature.

I do understand those parables, yes.  They are a set (including the lost coin parable) and need to be taken together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David1701 said:

The verse you have just quoted (excellent verse, by the way!) is saying that the one who practises (British spelling) righteousness is demonstrating the fact that he has a righteous nature.

 

Actually the verse is saying just the opposite of what you claim.

 

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

 

He who practices righteousness is righteous.

 

Now if the verse said, he who is righteous practices righteousness, then of course I would agree with you.

 

However, this verse does not say that.

 

It says, He who practices righteousness is righteous.

 

First comes the act of practicing righteousness, then the declaration of being righteous is made.

 

This is the principle of the righteousness according to faith, as well as justification by faith.

 

Which is why Paul calls it, the obedience of faith.

 

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 16:26

 

  • the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

 

 

JLB

Edited by JLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David1701 said:

I do understand those parables, yes.  They are a set (including the lost coin parable) and need to be taken together.

 

Then you understand that His sheep, can indeed become lost. 

 

Amen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JLB said:

 

Actually the verse is saying just the opposite of what you claim.

 

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

 

He who practices righteousness is righteous.

 

Now if the verse said, he who is righteous practices righteousness, then of course I would agree with you.

 

However, this verse does not say that.

 

It says, He who practices righteousness is righteous.

 

First comes the act of practicing righteousness, then the declaration of being righteous is made.

 

This is the principle of the righteousness according to faith, as well as justification by faith.

 

Which is why Paul calls it, the obedience of faith.

 

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 16:26

 

  • the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

 

 

JLB

The gem that keeps cutting sapphire is diamond.  Does it become diamond, as a result of cutting sapphire; or, is it demonstrated to be diamond, by cutting sapphire?

You appear to have missed the fact that, just because a part of sentence is read first, does not mean that it is chronologically before a part of the sentence that is read later.

Edited by David1701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...