ZacharyB

The reasons for and against BACs being habitual sinners

Just now, Margo1945 said:

first of all, my name is Margo with no t

Sorry about that. Margo.

God Bless.

5 hours ago, dhchristian said:

You have the first part right Margot, Here is where you stray. I Am not mocking you, because I believed this for along time, until I understood this is the foothold the religious spirit uses to rob of us of our joy. We must endure in His grace. As soon as you add works to the equation it diminishes Grace, because you are no longer Resting in His finished work And complete atonement for your sin. When You are Looking at the Law and your works you are dealing with fleshly obedience When You are resting in His finished work you are dealing with Spiritual obedience.

Let me explain this further. The commandment to obey the sabbath is a carnal commandment. We physically rest on the seventh day, Under the new covenant this was a shadow of Resting from our works in the finished work of the cross. A Spiritual rest.

The same way with Murder. Grace enables us to not only not murder someone, but to get to the root cause of that Murder the Hatred as Jesus expressed on the sermon on the mount.

Or adultery.... You can not commit adultery Physically and yet have all kinds of lustful thoughts about your neighbor's wife or husband... Under grace when We rest in his finished work, he enables us to deal with the root cause of the lust itself, and we are changed from the inside out.

This is the sermon on the mount if you have not guessed it yet (Matthew 5-7) This is what distinguishes the Old covenant from the New covenant. The Old one could not produce the Fruit of the Spirit, The New one can and it is by faith alone through grace alone in the finished work of Christ on the cross. You are saved by his Grace, We are Kept by His grace, and we are sanctified by His grace. WE, ME,I, YOU do not figure in this at all apart from yielding our will to His Will.... "Not my will but thine be done". What We are preaching here is greater than obedience to the carnal letter of the law, but the very WAY that leads to redemption from sin in the heart. The way, where instead of eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we are choosing to eat of the tree of life. For we are no longer under the Law of the sin and death, but under the Law of the Spirit of Life (Romans 8:1-5)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. (Gal 5:22-26)

When was the Last time you felt the Joy of the LORD? Where you knew and were assured of his Love for you and His grace over you? When was the last time you felt that peace that surpasses understanding? Or Put yourself in a position of meekness that someone would come to see the truth of the Word of God, while the crowds berated you for believing like you do? All of these things, WE cannot do, But He can by His grace lead us to produce these fruit.

Margot. Take yourself out of the equation, and Let God Do, and be the author and finisher of your faith. This is what it means to be born again. He is standing at the door knocking, here and now, will you let him in? Submitting to Jesus is the most liberating thing any person can do, which is counter to the worldly view of submission especially that of modern feminism. When You submit your will to His will you become a new creation in Christ Jesus, and you too can say with Paul I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. (Gal. 2:20-21) 

This Post contains more Wisdom than I have seen in a long time......it was a pleasure to read it.....thanks for posting this inspired work.....God bless....

6 hours ago, dhchristian said:

You have the first part right Margot, Here is where you stray. I Am not mocking you, because I believed this for along time, until I understood this is the foothold the religious spirit uses to rob of us of our joy. We must endure in His grace. As soon as you add works to the equation it diminishes Grace, because you are no longer Resting in His finished work And complete atonement for your sin. When You are Looking at the Law and your works you are dealing with fleshly obedience When You are resting in His finished work you are dealing with Spiritual obedience.

Let me explain this further. The commandment to obey the sabbath is a carnal commandment. We physically rest on the seventh day, Under the new covenant this was a shadow of Resting from our works in the finished work of the cross. A Spiritual rest.

The same way with Murder. Grace enables us to not only not murder someone, but to get to the root cause of that Murder the Hatred as Jesus expressed on the sermon on the mount.

Or adultery.... You can not commit adultery Physically and yet have all kinds of lustful thoughts about your neighbor's wife or husband... Under grace when We rest in his finished work, he enables us to deal with the root cause of the lust itself, and we are changed from the inside out.

This is the sermon on the mount if you have not guessed it yet (Matthew 5-7) This is what distinguishes the Old covenant from the New covenant. The Old one could not produce the Fruit of the Spirit, The New one can and it is by faith alone through grace alone in the finished work of Christ on the cross. You are saved by his Grace, We are Kept by His grace, and we are sanctified by His grace. WE, ME,I, YOU do not figure in this at all apart from yielding our will to His Will.... "Not my will but thine be done". What We are preaching here is greater than obedience to the carnal letter of the law, but the very WAY that leads to redemption from sin in the heart. The way, where instead of eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we are choosing to eat of the tree of life. For we are no longer under the Law of the sin and death, but under the Law of the Spirit of Life (Romans 8:1-5)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. (Gal 5:22-26)

When was the Last time you felt the Joy of the LORD? Where you knew and were assured of his Love for you and His grace over you? When was the last time you felt that peace that surpasses understanding? Or Put yourself in a position of meekness that someone would come to see the truth of the Word of God, while the crowds berated you for believing like you do? All of these things, WE cannot do, But He can by His grace lead us to produce these fruit.

Margot. Take yourself out of the equation, and Let God Do, and be the author and finisher of your faith. This is what it means to be born again. He is standing at the door knocking, here and now, will you let him in? Submitting to Jesus is the most liberating thing any person can do, which is counter to the worldly view of submission especially that of modern feminism. When You submit your will to His will you become a new creation in Christ Jesus, and you too can say with Paul I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. (Gal. 2:20-21) 

Thank you for posting the very things I was searching the Scriptures to say.  The sermon on the Mount addresses the heart problem so that the sin can be rooted out by the Spirit.  He changes our desires and changes our hearts.  That is why I said that I seek to follow the Sermon on the Mount rather than the law.  Someone said that since he obeys the lay he doesn't have to worry about the words of Jesus on the Mount.  I was shocked and didn't respond.   Over and over Jesus said "You have heard---but I tell you to---and He gets to the heart of the matter.  So we are to love our enemies.  God removes every bit of our self righteousness so that we are truly able to love them and pray for them in compassion because we know how miserable they are.  Many of us have lived trying to keep the commandments and failed because all of that self effort was from the flesh and yielded self righteousness.   That ended in our hating our enemies and feeling superior to them--i.e. sin.  But when we rest in the completed work of the cross, rest from our own self effort and rest in Christ's work on our behalf, we cease from our own work as God did from His.  It is the true Sabbath Rest.