• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just another note: I believe that in that scripture, where it 'says' "confess" rather than asking for forgiveness is important. Scriptures of course mention both, but I believe the 'confess your sins' is there because 'confessing' comes from a contrite heart.

It requires a facing squarely our sin.

The Lord knows this and loves us and wants us to have that same sort of heart at those times as David did.

This is not just academic, it is part of the reality of having this treasure in an earthen vessel--until we are changed.

A distinction worth noting...in my opinion.

Confession is a more dynamic act.

Edited by Alive

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/22/2019 at 7:09 AM, Tigger56 said:

I know that the Lord God and the Lord Jesus forgive us of our sins, but can they erase them from their memory? Can they forgive and forget our transgressions?

Im certain a lot of believers here who understand that the Grace of God does forgive sin, will also tell you that God does not remember what the Blood of Jesus has cleansed from your History, future history included......

The Cross, and what is accomplished on it, does so many great and wonderful things for the born again.    To start with, it redeems you from what was once judging you as a sinner.

See, the reason you think of yourself as a sinner, and even understand what it means to SIN, is because the LAW itself has established how to perceive what we do, as "transgressions", AGAINST God.

Before we were saved and we  sin, its the Law that informs God and us that what has happened that we did, is SIN.  And Sinning, ultimately is against God.   Its the "sinful" act of disobedience against God's Holiness.  This is sin, and its the LAW that reveals it.

So, the GOOD NEWS IS The Cross, And Jesus dying on it, has taken away the Law's ability to judge us as sinners.   It no longer can.  This is because Christ has himself become our SIN, removing the curse that we were under, and by doing so, we are freed from the curse of the LAW.  This is why Romans 4:8 tells you that God does not charge you with your sin, once you are born again.  And this is because God has already charged Jesus with them and for them ALL, and He has DIED FOR THEM ALL.

This is GRACE.   This is the GOSPEL.  This is the "GOOD NEWS"........ This IS the EFFECT of the Blood Atonement, as it keeps us CLEAN in the Eyes of God, forever.... even tho we are not perfect.

This understanding, once understood, has the power to make you SHOUT PRAISES TO GOD FOR HIS ETERNAL GOODNESS,....... that could so eternally solve our "sin issue"..

So, the short answer is...>If you are born again, then Jesus is become your sin......Your entire lifetime of sin, and He has been judged for it all, and so.... you never will be.....in eternity.

Once again, this is "shouting info"..

It is amazing, this Grace of God, and what it permanently does for ALL the born again  redeemed of the Lord.

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Sonshine said:

Greetings, Maryjayne … When we sin and are convicted by the Holy Spirit, we must repent if we want to be forgiven by our Father.  

1 John 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Sonshine....I wrote this before I saw your reply.....

“ Lucky Repentance” does not save.

1 John 1:9.......some say this is not to be used like a daily bar of soap for sin- cleansing.....it could be a one time thing where a man sees and admits he is a sinner and using this verse,abandons the sin of self- righteousness and shows he is ready to leave the Fool’s Paradise where he is under the delusion that he is not a sinner, and finally has chosen to be honest with God.This is an interesting view of this verse and I think it may have merit.Grace covers all of our sins the second that we believe the Gospel.Without Any Repentance ...Without Any  Confession. Since being saved, I find myself confessing sins and repenting quite often....it’s automatic and natural, but I never attach either to Salvation.That was a gift I accepted....a gift given to all that    Put there faith in Nothing But The Blood......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

4 hours ago, Sonshine said:
5 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Greetings, Maryjayne … When we sin and are convicted by the Holy Spirit, we must repent if we want to be forgiven by our Father.  

If I was driving my car and “ accidentally” pulled up some naughty pictures, got distracted, wrecked the car and was instantly killed before I had the chance to repent of my lustful act........am I unforgiven, damned to an Eternity in Hell —— even if I was “born again” 40 years earlier  because  I believed and rested in the Gospel of 1cor15:1-4 ? Now we know, some equally lustful man in the same situation , if he had the good fortune - the “ Luck”  To Repent Before he kicked the bucket .....we KNOW that HE is saved , if The Lucky Repentance For Salvation is correct.But what about me? I did not HAVE the luck that the other guy did ! Am I lost? Does Grace only cover your sins until you sin ? Thanks for your answer ......

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

I think we have a much more merciful Father than we can fathom, and He is a very fair Judge and a Father who loves us soooooooooo much.  

No doubt All that you stated is  great and true...............BUT........If a person dies without repenting of ALL of his sins,  is he  damned? If so, why? If not so, why? This is important stuff— Believers , especially Newbies need  to get this settled 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1

If you define “ Repentance” as Sorrow and regret for  sins ......NOBODY repented like Judas and He is Heaven as we speak if your thinking is true...he was “of the Devil” all along and Jesus knew it ....The only thing that Judas got for His Repentance was a ticket to Hell...the “ take” on the role of Repentance in Salvation as stated here is a False Gospel.......read 1cor15:1-4 , the verse that if believed and NOT ADDED to is the Recipe for Salvation......people everywhere add to it in many ways and as a result are “ fallen from Grace” and “ severed from the Cross Of Christ”. Paul  NEVER mentioned Repentance in his Gospel Of pure Grace given to him by Jesus.That Word is never mentioned in the Gospel Of John- the Book mainly written to show the Way Of Salvation—- John 3:16 never uses that word. If you put the requirement of Repentance on top of the simply BELIEVING that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave.....it becomes equivalent to being circumcised  for Salvation .....it is a work......it is adding to the Gospel  and it’s going to get people confused and in jeopardy of losing everything.....some very intelligent , gifted teachers insist it means Damnation to “ fall from Grace” when you add to the Gospel.....insisting on Repentance for every sin before we die ( an act that WE perform ) instead of TRUSTING IN GRACE ( something that HE gives us as a gift) is “ adding to the Gospel” Don’t take my word for anything—- READ GALATIONS.....there is nothing new being tackled here.To say, “ well,God will know if you would have repented or not” sounds great,  but it is not based on Scripture .Ultimately, only Chapter and Verse will count for anything here in these Forums......Galations 5:4 is mine. I patiently and most kindly await your......May God bless us all in the understanding of these things.....

4 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

we choose to remain separated from God and on our own and destined to you know where, not Heaven .. 

“ NOTHING can separate us from the Love Of God”. I believe that when God says “Nothing”,He MEANS “ nothing”......This applies to all that believe the Gospel found in 1cor15:1-4......all of these Gospel Believers are members of “The Body Of Christ”and as far as Salvation is concerned these Saints Are UNTOUCHABLE Nothing actually means Nothing.

God , indeed, hates sin. So does anyone who has been “Born Again”. However, our Flesh is weak and “ we can not do the things we would wish to do” . Lucky for us , God took  care of The sin issue 2000 years ago.ALL sins were put on the Cross......because the Punishment that WE deserve was put on Jesus, Total forgiveness is now available to any and all that will accept a  Free Gift.Nobody can gain it or keep it by “ repenting of sins”, or “ living the Christian Life” .All Of us commit sins , and will continue to commit thousands of sins that we are not even unaware of .We have all committed thousands of sins we will never even remember.  Salvation would boil down to ... “By super memories you are saved, lest any man should boast”

Salvation that can only be guaranteed by Lucky Repentance occurring before one dies, does not hold water  any way  one looks at it. It is a fleshly attempt  to substitute it for the Grace of God that actually that inspires Love toward God and  His Ways, and actually saves.People do not Trust God and His Gospel Of  Grace and Grace ONLY to get them saved.It is far easier to rely on one’s Performance Record and convincing oneself that THIS is what truly saves. Everybody knows one can’t have a perfect record by keeping the Law perfectly.But to keep that string of Good Performance going forward , one thinks if he applies the “ Band-Aid” of Repentance when one messes up we are “ safe” . That is why this words comes up all the time in Threads—- one would think that going to Heaven or Hell were at stake ! It ain’t. 

“ By GRACE you are saved , through FAITH ......” The only type of Repentance that saves anyone is the “ change of mind” that takes place when you abandon whatever you think that it is that is saving you to the Truth of what Saves you........NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD  Of Christ Jesus. Ironic isn’t it......Those that think “ repenting from sins is what saves” or “JesusSaves BUT ya  gotta repent from all of your sins to STAY saved ( hopefully God has blessed you with a Super Memory and plenty of great timing and Luck for  that LUCKY REPENTANCE that is what REALLY saves one) ....these people need to repent of their repentance.....it flies in the face of the Grace of God that is God’s REAL  WAY to get His Chidren Home. Repentance is Mandantory for Salvation when one realizes  that it means TURN  “TO”  JESUS , and it does NOT  men TURN “ FROM”  Sin in order to be saved.Sorrow for sin will probably accompany this TURN “ TO” Jesus  in order to be saved, but it is not the item that does the saving......GRACE is what saves anybody that has ever been saved....Grace working  through our Faith in the Blood......plus NOTHING! God bless .....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Isaiah 43:25I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

1 John 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

@maryjayne

Just wanted to comment on the above verse.  John was writing to believers.   When we sin, we sense a lack of fellowship with God.   The above verse refers to restoring fellowship....not restoring salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I know I shall not convince you but Jesus paid the "punishment" for our sins but that does not entitle "saved" people to willfully sin and not repent .. only if one repents, will one's sins be forgiven and forgotten and one will not be punished .. if one does not repent, one's sins will not be forgiven and one will be  punished by one's own doing, not God's or anyone else's .. with the prodigal son, his father did not force him to stay or to return and even though his father said he was "lost" and "dead", his father never stopped loving him .. God our FATHER will not force us to stay or to return and if we choose not to repent aka return, we, too, shall be "lost" and "dead" in our unrepentant sinfulness but God will still love us .. God forces no one to do anything .. it is our free will choice to do good or evil and if the latter, to repent or not but for all choices there are consequences - good and bad .. God is there for us and so is His grace but if we choose to walk away from both, that is our choice .. if we repent and return and change accordingly, life will be restored and we shall be strengthened in our resolve to sin no more .. if we choose not to repent, we shall remain "lost" and "dead" by our own doing, not God's or anyone else's, and we shall go where the "dead in sin" go aka lake of fire .. Satan and his demons and unbelievers are in the lake of fire and so are murderers, adulterers, liars, sexually immoral, and many others .. who do you say those persons are? .. and repentance is not "lucky" nor a "band aid" .. it is returning aka turning back aka changing back after we willfully sin .. the prodigal son repented and his father rejoiced and welcomed him back with loving open arms and said he was no longer "lost" or "dead" .. when we go our own way that is not in accordance with God's Way and Will, we are prodigal .. some prodigals return aka repent and some never do .. again, grace is a gift to all who believe and keep their faith (again, some lose their faith) but as with all gifts, grace must be accepted and retained .. if rejected or accepted and then abused and discarded, it is lost, UNLESS one retrieves and restores it by REPENTANCE ..  there will be NO UNREPENTANT SINNERS IN HEAVEN as that would nullify what Christ did .. only repentant sinners will be in Heaven and not by luck but by choosing to repent their willful sinfulness and turn back to God and to HIS Will .. it is God's Way or the highway .. the road and gate to Heaven are narrow and only a "few" find and enter them .. the road to the lake of fire is broad and many travel it as unbelievers and as unrepentant sinners .. it is our choice which road we take .. finally, a question for you: if you commit murder and do not get caught and do not turn yourself in and if an innocent person is executed for the murder you committed and still you do not get caught and do not turn yourself in and you never ask God's forgiveness and never repent, when you die, will you go to Heaven for eternity? 

As long as we are asking ridiculous questions as the Pharisees did in order to trick Jesus, and accusers of the Brethern Do today.....I have a similar question for you.....If I lived a perfect , sinless life like Jesus did....never sinned....never had an unclean thought.....never had any sins of Omission, and my Faith in God was so pure , I had the Faith to raise the dead! In other words ....I was “ perfect” in the eyes Of God and Man—— BUT— at the very last millisecond of my life, on my deathbed , I had  a lustful thought.According to Jesus, I am an Adulterer.According to James if I broke one sin,I broke them all.....would I spend Eternity in the Lake Of  Fire for that one lustful  thought? Answer my asinine  trick question and then I will answer yours.And I “DO” have an answer.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1