• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I  personally believe at least some pets will be there.  I wouldn't be willing to argue the point because I'm not aware of any place the Scripture directly speaks to the  question.

But, if eternity is "beyond all we can ask or think"  I personally believe that anything that blessed us here, and was not inherently unholy, will likely be part of our experience after all things are restored.

I have had pets that I KNOW were gifts from God, used by Him to reveal experiential understanding of some of God's own nature and character.  2 were particularly powerfully used, and at times when i was isolated, hurting and had little human contact...none of any  real depth.

I was actually granted a visionary experience that does seem to address this, with a "yes" answer.  I won't bother to relate that, it was for me, I'm fully convinced of the source and fully believe there is at least one very special dog that  will once more be a source of joy in my life. 

I believe many of us here at worthy, had amazing animals (of all sorts) for our pet's. They fill our lives with love, they comfort us, they fill voids of loneliness, they bring much joy and pleasure and we are so thankful for the time we've shared with them.. I believe they are gifts from God. For he supplied all of our needs, and many times this was through our pets.

This was an amazing vision experience that it sounds as though you had. God does use dreams and visions even today to foretell coming things, to lead,guild and direct his children, to simply bless our minds with peace, comfort and rest. Those are wonderful displays of God ever knowing love for us ,being poured out upon us, as he always supplies our needs that brings him glory.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, may God bless you ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a question.

Before I ask the question however, I'd like to ask if those who are willing to respond to this question, could discuss this without arguments( please) 

I believe a forum is where we can all come together and express our opinions, beliefs, God's holy word and learn and grow together. Even if we find ourselves in disagreement, we can answer the questions in this thread and all threads without arguments. We are to set an example to others!

Ok my question is: Are pets in heaven?

I have looked into the word and found some verses, could they indicate that pet's are in heaven? Could they indicate that they will be with us forever?

Isaiah 11:6-9 - The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 - The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Revelation 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Luke 12:6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.

Thanks for reading and I'm not sure if this was spoken of before here, I'm sorry if it was but  I haven't seen anything about this.

I'm really wondering what each one thinks of this question.

God bless my friends ?

I do not believe that our pets are in heaven. I have had two pets that I loved dearly die but humans were created in the image of God and the animals were not. The Bible does not say that the animal has a soul like we do. Although I do believe there will be animals in heaven just not our pets. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Revlori said:

I have looked into the word and found some verses, could they indicate that pet's are in heaven? Could they indicate that they will be with us forever?

Personally. I think they will, and I have Biblical reasons for this belief.

I've written a long article on this. I won't post it here (because it's long), but you can read it here (it's in two parts): https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/2015/02/14/do-our-pets-go-to-heaven/     

https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/do-our-pets-go-to-heaven-2/   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, Revlori said:

I'm certainly hoping so. If this is true, there will be tremendous joy in a gathering of countless felines. 

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think if pets are there it will be great......if they are not there, it won’t bother us .....

My sister recently expressed this. She announced the passing of two, during my absence from home. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

..."What gain has the worker from his toil?  I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with.  He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.  I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live;  also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.

I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him.  That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away. Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness.  I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work.  I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts.  For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.[ All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.  Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?  So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?"....

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

If only we could love our neighbor and humanity as much as we love our pets.

So true!

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not believe that our pets are in heaven. I have had two pets that I loved dearly die but humans were created in the image of God and the animals were not. The Bible does not say that the animal has a soul like we do. Although I do believe there will be animals in heaven just not our pets. 

Thank you for sharing your view, and your points are correct. We are created in God's image ( Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:26-27)

This is a totally different subject however those who may believe in evolution, ( which is against God's creative design) Missmuffet's point must be taken into account. All humans are made in his image, this means Being made in his image is having both a material body and an immaterial soul/spirit. Which animals do not.

I'm sorry getting off in the wrong direction!

back to subject, with that being said, that animals don't have a soul ( which is the truth) doesn't necessarily mean that one's pets don't go to heaven. This then opens up another subject ( how could an animal go-to heaven without a soul? ) God in his infinite wisdom and never ending love says: No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11) as well as Romans 8:18  I don't think the sufferings we are going through now are even worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed to us in the future.

we are ashored that Heaven is a place filled with everything we need for our complete happiness. From just being in the presence of God, to our mansion on a hill with more then we can ever ask or think of.( This then could mean our wonderful animal compaions, our pets)

thank you sister, for bringing these views into this thread. It makes one want to study more into subjects and forever grow in God's holy word.

May God bless you ?

2 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

Personally. I think they will, and I have Biblical reasons for this belief.

I've written a long article on this. I won't post it here (because it's long), but you can read it here (it's in two parts): https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/2015/02/14/do-our-pets-go-to-heaven/     

https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/do-our-pets-go-to-heaven-2/   

I'm going to read them right now!!?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

Actually that is from Ecclesiastes 3 English Standard Version (ESV) it  is not a neighbor said.

Does it not show the concept of spirit in animals? Is spirit temporal or eternal? The fuller context also states that man is but a beast himself. Perhaps the question is whether  there is a resurrection of animals other the the beast man.

At the sound of the trump will there be a rising of a spiritual body of animals other then man? Doesn't my Lord and savior Jesus return upon a white horse? Is it a physical bodied horse?

Though I can't say here, here is the answer, to whether animals are at heaven nor the new earth and new heaven, I do personally hold to a conclusion that animals have body, spirit, and soul. And that soul never dies.

Much like the idea conveyed that there was light and also dark before the making of the sun and the moon (The subject of another thread) is there not reason to understand that in the blood is the life? The blood is always the important component is it not?  The flesh returns to dust, but the blood even if soaked up into the earth cries out (Even to God).  To me that indicates a  permanence of some type within the blood. When I look to the system of priestly appointed sacrifice and the role of the blood. It's  temporary sufficiency in covering sin as example, I find there is something of great value that has come as part of a physical  presence of a creature. 

Our Lord and savior gave his blood of course, He being the perfect sacrifice the perfect covering of sin for those that believe on him as lord God and savior. To say with authority that animals have no soul, that animals cease to exist at their fleshly death seems an overreach to me. I personally lean toward the conclusion that  they are no less beast than man is. The question for me then is; did Jesus  sacrifice for animals as well as those humans that believe on him by the calling to each of them by God the Holy Spirit?

Is there a natural innocence in animals? I do not think there is. But I do not have knowledge one way nor another.

I accept  that animals bring great pleasure to man, even the wildest of them fascinate. And so I would like to think that some pleasure of that sort is also part of eternity to come.

I do like to hope  their spirit is eternal and not just limited to  going into the present earth.

I also regret not having been smarter and kinder at times to and for the sake of animals in general, and pets in particular. I feel I have had my own failing in best kindness to them all for not having better understanding of their needs and wants,  and their limitations. Animals seem to me to be part of the learning, the learning curve, for me anyway.

Becoming a good shepherd to an animal is work, takes some real learned skill. It is far more than just putting out a bowl of food and water. I admire the good husbandry  that is taught  by a few that seem to have such a grand gift, the knowledge of working well with animals, beasts of burden, wild ones, and pets.

I do miss all the pets God has granted me over the many  many years. I thank God for them.

47 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

..."What gain has the worker from his toil?  I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with.  He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.  I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live;  also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.

I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him.  That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away. Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness.  I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work.  I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts.  For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.[ All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.  Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?  So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?"....

Beautiful words from our Lord.Thank you for sharing this. I loved it!

May God bless you ?

• Thanks 1