• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a question.

Before I ask the question however, I'd like to ask if those who are willing to respond to this question, could discuss this without arguments( please) 

I believe a forum is where we can all come together and express our opinions, beliefs, God's holy word and learn and grow together. Even if we find ourselves in disagreement, we can answer the questions in this thread and all threads without arguments. We are to set an example to others!

Ok my question is: Are pets in heaven?

I have looked into the word and found some verses, could they indicate that pet's are in heaven? Could they indicate that they will be with us forever?

Isaiah 11:6-9 - The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 - The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Revelation 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Luke 12:6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.

Thanks for reading and I'm not sure if this was spoken of before here, I'm sorry if it was but  I haven't seen anything about this.

I'm really wondering what each one thinks of this question.

God bless my friends ?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

56 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a question.

Before I ask the question however, I'd like to ask if those who are willing to respond to this question, could discuss this without arguments( please) 

I believe a forum is where we can all come together and express our opinions, beliefs, God's holy word and learn and grow together. Even if we find ourselves in disagreement, we can answer the questions in this thread and all threads without arguments. We are to set an example to others!

Ok my question is: Are pets in heaven?

I have looked into the word and found some verses, could they indicate that pet's are in heaven? Could they indicate that they will be with us forever?

Isaiah 11:6-9 - The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 - The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Revelation 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Luke 12:6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.

Thanks for reading and I'm not sure if this was spoken of before here, I'm sorry if it was but  I haven't seen anything about this.

I'm really wondering what each one thinks of this question.

God bless my friends ?

I would think there would be pets in heaven. Can't think of any reason there wouldn't be.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Well first, we would have to distinguish between which of the eight scriptural kingdoms. Let's assume we're talking about either the Kingdom of God, or the Kingdom of Heaven [big difference]. Let's concentrate on the Kingdom of Heaven, where Christ reigns and rules during the millennium. I'm going to assume you're not referring to a deceased pet you once owned? In which case I have no idea, but the Lord wants us to be extremely happy in eternity. 

Knowing that our eternal home is going to be the New Jerusalem and the new Earth, earth will be our permanent home in eternity. We're told in Revelation, Christ and His saints are going to return riding horses. We're told in Revelation that there will be asps, lions, lambs, sheep etc. during Christs 1,000 year reign [animals]. During this time Christ is going to restore the conditions that were present in the Garden of Eden before Adam's fall. The original Kingdom of Heaven God had ordained for humanity. 

Adam named all of the animals and had dominion over all of them. Did Adam & Eve have pets in the Garden? That's a good question that's not directly addressed in scripture; but a better question that maybe asked is; why would anyone want a pet, living in such glorious and perfect conditions and environment and having direct access to and walking with the Lord Himself? 

So, to sum up my thoughts and speculation, I believe there will be the same animals in abundance that were named by Adam in the Garden of Eden in eternity; for our use, viewing and pleasure. By the question of will we have "pets", it would need defined by the word 'pet', as in domesticated animal, personal animal, etc. From the description, I would guess all animals will become domesticated and harmless. Again, living in the environment we will be living, and having personal access to the Lord Himself, and all other's that believed on the name of Christ [saved Christians and family] in the Kingdom to talk to and fellowship with; not to mention the millions of questions we want to ask the Patriarch's, Prophet's and Apostle's; we're not going to be lonely and will have plenty to do with job assignments to keep us busy, and worshiping our Lord and Savior. Will a personal pet even cross our minds?

I'm so looking forward to meeting Christ in person and worshiping Him. Seeing by beloved deceased family members, friends and relatives again, and have so many questions and things unsaid I want to catch up on. I do have to say, I've had several dogs I got very attached to and miss very much. But I believe the Glory we are going to experience and the thanks we have for the Lord saving our souls, I doubt I'll have pets on my mind?

Just my thoughts...

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member

22 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I would think there would be pets in heaven. Can't think of any reason there wouldn't be.

Thank you. A friend of mine had lost her beloved dog, this morning. She and her family are completely heart broken. He was an inside dog that was like a family member for 14 year's.

He was friend and playmate to their only child, he was a protector of there home and comfort to each of them so many times.

Please remember them in your prayers my friend, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

God bless ?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well first, we would have to distinguish between which of the eight scriptural kingdoms. Let's assume we're talking about either the Kingdom of God, or the Kingdom of Heaven [big difference]. Let's concentrate on the Kingdom of Heaven, where Christ reigns and rules during the millennium. I'm going to assume you're not referring to a deceased pet you once owned? In which case I have no idea, but the Lord wants us to be extremely happy in eternity. 

Knowing that our eternal home is going to be the New Jerusalem and the new Earth, earth will be our permanent home in eternity. We're told in Revelation, Christ and His saints are going to return riding horses. We're told in Revelation that there will be asps, lions, lambs, sheep etc. during Christs 1,000 year reign [animals]. During this time Christ is going to restore the conditions that were present in the Garden of Eden before Adam's fall. The original Kingdom of Heaven God had ordained for humanity. 

Adam named all of the animals and had dominion over all of them. Did Adam & Eve have pets in the Garden? That's a good question that's not directly addressed in scripture; but a better question that maybe asked is; why would anyone want a pet, living in such glorious and perfect conditions and environment and having direct access to and walking with the Lord Himself? 

So, to sum up my thoughts and speculation, I believe there will be the same animals in abundance that were named by Adam in the Garden of Eden in eternity; for our use, viewing and pleasure. By the question of will we have "pets", it would need defined by the word 'pet', as in domesticated animal, personal animal, etc. From the description, I would guess all animals will become domesticated and harmless. Again, living in the environment we will be living, and having personal access to the Lord Himself, and all other's that believed on the name of Christ [saved Christians and family] in the Kingdom to talk to and fellowship with; not to mention the millions of questions we want to ask the Patriarch's, Prophet's and Apostle's; we're not going to be lonely and will have plenty to do with job assignments to keep us busy, and worshiping our Lord and Savior. Will a personal pet even cross our minds?

I'm so looking forward to meeting Christ in person and worshiping Him. Seeing by beloved deceased family members, friends and relatives again, and have so many questions and things unsaid I want to catch up on. I do have to say, I've had several dogs I got very attached to and miss very much. But I believe the Glory we are going to experience and the thanks we have for the Lord saving our souls, I doubt I'll have pets on my mind?

Just my thoughts...

Thank you dear friend, 

A friend of mine had lost her beloved dog, this morning. She and her family are completely heart broken. He was an inside dog that was like a family member for 14 year's.

He was friend and playmate to their only child, he was a protector of there home and comfort to each of them so many times.

Please remember them in your prayers my friend, Thank you for sharing your thoughts I appreciate it.

May God bless you ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Thank you dear friend, 

A friend of mine had lost her beloved dog, this morning. She and her family are completely heart broken. He was an inside dog that was like a family member for 14 year's.

Please remember them in your prayers my friend, Thank you for sharing your thoughts I appreciate it.

May God bless you ?

I can sympathize with your friend. Having lost a few faithful dogs myself over my lifetime, it hurts. I don't fully understand why we become so close with pets and sorrow deeply when they pass? We just recently ourselves lost our dog due to cancer. It's emotionally painful. I don't intend on getting another dog, as I don't want to go through that sorrow again. If only we could love our neighbor and humanity as much as we love our pets. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

I can sympathize with your friend. Having lost a few faithful dogs myself over my lifetime, it hurts. I don't fully understand why we become so close with pets and sorrow deeply when they pass? We just recently ourselves lost our dog due to cancer. It's emotionally painful. I don't intend on getting another dog, as I don't want to go through that sorrow again. If only we could love our neighbor and humanity as much as we love our pets. 

I'm sorry to hear that, and yes I agree it can be extremely heart breaking.

I believe we love them, because no matter what they are always there with no conditions, a faithful friend to the end.

Amen, we can probably all do much better in this area, but speaking for myself, most definitely.

Thanks again 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

I think if pets are there it will be great......if they are not there, it won’t bother us .....Heaven is not a place of sorrow or grieving for pets or anything else....if that sounds “ harsh” to us here, it won’t be that way up there...I believe we will be preoccupied with “ knowing Him”...... it will take Eternity to do so....

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think if pets are there it will be great......if they are not there, it won’t bother us .....Heaven is not a place of sorrow or grieving for pets or anything else....if that sounds “ harsh” to us here, it won’t be that way up there...I believe we will be preoccupied with “ knowing Him”...... it will take Eternity to do so....

No that doesn't sound harsh to me. I absolutely believe that :He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. (Revelation 21:4)

Thank you for sharing your view, may God bless you ?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

I  personally believe at least some pets will be there.  I wouldn't be willing to argue the point because I'm not aware of any place the Scripture directly speaks to the  question.

But, if eternity is "beyond all we can ask or think"  I personally believe that anything that blessed us here, and was not inherently unholy, will likely be part of our experience after all things are restored.

I have had pets that I KNOW were gifts from God, used by Him to reveal experiential understanding of some of God's own nature and character.  2 were particularly powerfully used, and at times when i was isolated, hurting and had little human contact...none of any  real depth.

I was actually granted a visionary experience that does seem to address this, with a "yes" answer.  I won't bother to relate that, it was for me and I'm fully convinced of the source and fully believe there is at least one very special dog that  will once more be a source of joy in my life. 

As others have said, i'm not concerned about it either way.  If I happen to be wrong, there is no doubt in my mind life will be perfect in the new heavens and earth.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1