• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/23/2019 at 11:32 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

In Proverbs, it is mentioned that we shouldn't hang around someone given to anger lest we learn their ways.  Since we all get angry sometimes, at what point is someone too angry to be around?  I work around someone who has lost their temper about once every other week, on average - sometimes less, sometimes more. I've been praying that he wouldn't get angry and I hope and think he is somewhat better. I also work with another person who loses their temper at least once per week. I'm also praying that they would not, and I think it has helped some, but I'm concerned about what to do if they don't improve. I don't want it to rub off on me.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this. 

If they aren't rubbing off on you, then you're okay, yes?

Do you not have a boss or HR group to appeal to, to get counseling for the angry person who is hurting the business and hurting the work environment?

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/24/2019 at 4:32 AM, ContinuingCorletta said:

In Proverbs, it is mentioned that we shouldn't hang around someone given to anger lest we learn their ways.  Since we all get angry sometimes, at what point is someone too angry to be around?  I work around someone who has lost their temper about once every other week, on average - sometimes less, sometimes more. I've been praying that he wouldn't get angry and I hope and think he is somewhat better. I also work with another person who loses their temper at least once per week. I'm also praying that they would not, and I think it has helped some, but I'm concerned about what to do if they don't improve. I don't want it to rub off on me.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this. 

We cannot leave this world, everybody gets angry sometime. We should treat people how God treats them. He deals with anger directed towards him in a fair way, and he backs up people that are being abused and he rebukes wherever he needs to. But obviously he is sovereign and supreme ruler but we can learn lessons from the way God deals with angry people.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Prycejosh1987 said:

We cannot leave this world, everybody gets angry sometime. We should treat people how God treats them. He deals with anger directed towards him in a fair way, and he backs up people that are being abused and he rebukes wherever he needs to. But obviously he is sovereign and supreme ruler but we can learn lessons from the way God deals with angry people.

Thank you for the encouragement!!

God bless you!