• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

21 minutes ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

I share just some things but not everything that I have learned to help others.  

And there are times to hold one’s tongue: 

Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you. Matt 7:6 RSV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

21 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

It says somewhere in the new testament that not many of us should be teachers.  I've been wondering if sharing the gospel is the same as teaching?  Should only those who have the gift of teaching share the gospel then?  I used to share the gospel more, but now I'm hesitating because I don't want to be a teacher as not many of us should be teachers, and I've never wanted to be a teacher in the church. However, I'm wondering about sharing the gospel with those who are not in the church. Are all Christians called to share the gospel verbally with unbelievers or only teachers?  - Confused.

Sharing the Gospel is as easy as sharing your testimony of what God has done in your life. Sharing the Gospel is nothing more than planting the seeds in People, God is the one that works through those words to produces growth. Share the gospel all you want, planting seeds wherever and to whomever will hear them. All Christians are called to share their testimony. 

Teaching and the Gift of teaching is for those who feed the sheep, that is those who are members of the church. A teacher is called and should have the gift of teaching, But even a true teacher is continuously learning and they are just sharing what they are taught by the Holy Ghost. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Sharing the Gospel is as easy as sharing your testimony of what God has done in your life. Sharing the Gospel is nothing more than planting the seeds in People, God is the one that works through those words to produces growth. Share the gospel all you want, planting seeds wherever and to whomever will hear them. All Christians are called to share their testimony. 

Teaching and the Gift of teaching is for those who feed the sheep, that is those who are members of the church. A teacher is called and should have the gift of teaching, But even a true teacher is continuously learning and they are just sharing what they are taught by the Holy Ghost. 

Thank you!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

It says somewhere in the new testament that not many of us should be teachers.  I've been wondering if sharing the gospel is the same as teaching?  Should only those who have the gift of teaching share the gospel then?  I used to share the gospel more, but now I'm hesitating because I don't want to be a teacher as not many of us should be teachers, and I've never wanted to be a teacher in the church. However, I'm wondering about sharing the gospel with those who are not in the church. Are all Christians called to share the gospel verbally with unbelievers or only teachers?  - Confused.

I believe The verse your referring to is James 3:1-8 1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check. 3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. 7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

I believe this is speaking to all of us as the body of believers ( The church) and its referring to how we handle our words. If we read all the verses together, it seems that were being told the importance of our words and that we are accountable for our words.

This is made more clear in Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

So with this,I do believe that we are all called to share the good news with everyone as a witness. However we must know the word and speak the word, because we are accountable for our words. The calling of a teacher 

KJV Dictionary Definition: teacher

teacher

TE'ACHER, n. One who teaches or instructs.

1. An instructor; a preceptor; a tutor; one whose business or occupation is to instruct others.

2. One who instructs others in religion; a preacher; a minister of the gospel.

The teachers in all the churches assembled themselves.

3. One who preaches without regular ordination.

This is different then those who are a witness. Billy Graham stated: 

What does it mean to witness? Before the Lord Jesus ascended into heaven, His last words were, “You shall be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8, NKJV). Witnessing was a command, not a choice. The disciples boldly testified, “We were eyewitnesses from the beginning” (Cf. Luke 1:2) and “eyewitnesses of his majesty” (2 Peter 1:16, NKJV) and “we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:20, NKJV).

The word witness needs little explanation. A witness testifies to what is seen or heard and verifies what is true. 

So don't be afraid to witness to others. You are a light settling a hill...Matthew 5:12-14 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its savor, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a lampstand, and it gives light to everyone in the house..

Hope this helps.

God bless ?

36 minutes ago, Revlori said:

I believe The verse your referring to is James 3:1-8 1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check. 3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. 7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

I believe this is speaking to all of us as the body of believers ( The church) and its referring to how we handle our words. If we read all the verses together, it seems that were being told the importance of our words and that we are accountable for our words.

This is made more clear in Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

So with this,I do believe that we are all called to share the good news with everyone as a witness. However we must know the word and speak the word, because we are accountable for our words. The calling of a teacher 

KJV Dictionary Definition: teacher

teacher

TE'ACHER, n. One who teaches or instructs.

1. An instructor; a preceptor; a tutor; one whose business or occupation is to instruct others.

2. One who instructs others in religion; a preacher; a minister of the gospel.

The teachers in all the churches assembled themselves.

3. One who preaches without regular ordination.

This is different then those who are a witness. Billy Graham stated: 

What does it mean to witness? Before the Lord Jesus ascended into heaven, His last words were, “You shall be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8, NKJV). Witnessing was a command, not a choice. The disciples boldly testified, “We were eyewitnesses from the beginning” (Cf. Luke 1:2) and “eyewitnesses of his majesty” (2 Peter 1:16, NKJV) and “we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:20, NKJV).

The word witness needs little explanation. A witness testifies to what is seen or heard and verifies what is true. 

So don't be afraid to witness to others. You are a light settling a hill...Matthew 5:12-14 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its savor, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a lampstand, and it gives light to everyone in the house..

Hope this helps.

God bless ?

Yes, thank you! This helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/23/2019 at 10:38 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

James 3:1 (AV)
1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Given the very nature of Grace, this is more about getting the teaching correct than for how sinless you try to be.

As far as sharing the Gospel, it's not so difficult that a child can't share...

1 Peter 3:15 (AV)
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

We are not to remain novices in the faith, however:

2 Timothy 2:15 (AV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And it is God's Word that we are to study and learn who God is, who Jesus is, what his plan is... why we believe what we believe...

• Brilliant! 1

18 minutes ago, JohnD said:

James 3:1 (AV)
1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Given the very nature of Grace, this is more about getting the teaching correct than for how sinless you try to be.

As far as sharing the Gospel, it's not so difficult that a child can't share...

1 Peter 3:15 (AV)
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

We are not to remain novices in the faith, however:

2 Timothy 2:15 (AV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And it is God's Word that we are to study and learn who God is, who Jesus is, what his plan is... why we believe what we believe...

Thank you!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 11/23/2019 at 11:38 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

Every Christian should pray, teach, heal, etc. regardless of specific giftings.

If you teach evangelism to others, you are not a "teacher" per se but an "evangelist", since biblical evangelism goes beyond witnessing and soul winning to developing teams and individuals that follow your lead.

Congratulations on having the gift of evangelism!

10 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Every Christian should pray, teach, heal, etc. regardless of specific giftings.

If you teach evangelism to others, you are not a "teacher" per se but an "evangelist", since biblical evangelism goes beyond witnessing and soul winning to developing teams and individuals that follow your lead.

Congratulations on having the gift of evangelism!

Really?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

13 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Really?

A friend has postulated that the giftings of Ephesians are contextual, one teaches. You evangelize and show others how to do so--you are "an evangelist" where another does not evangelize or evangelizes but does not teach others. Otherwise how could Timothy be a pastor, do a pastor's work, lead local pastors in his city, and also "do the work of an evangelist"?