Dizziness and heat

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone, I have always believed in God but just about 2 yrs ago I have truly been devoted to him. I am experiencing new things. One of those things that I just can not get out my head is, that when I go up front to praise and worship my God. I start getting real dizzy. My body feels week and my forehead and back of neck start burning up. My knees feel like they are gonna give out.Besides those things, this is the most beautiful feeling I have experienced besides giving birth. I sometimes see other sisters fall to their knee's when the pastor prays for them. But when it's my turn I can just feel my body weaken and its hard for me to stay on my feet. My question is, is this normal? Why do I feel like this? And why do some people fall? How come my body feels so hot especially my head? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, Melissa j said:

I start getting real dizzy. My body feels week and my forehead and back of neck start burning up. My knees feel like they are gonna give out.

Hi, Maybe God doesn't want you going up front to pray, maybe he wants you to pray quietly without notice by others. Maybe He wants it to be just Him and yourself and not with the elders and the sisters.

Perhaps God is emphasizing to you personally a passage within the Bible: But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 11/25/2019 at 6:34 AM, Melissa j said:

Hello everyone, I have always believed in God but just about 2 yrs ago I have truly been devoted to him. I am experiencing new things. One of those things that I just can not get out my head is, that when I go up front to praise and worship my God. I start getting real dizzy. My body feels week and my forehead and back of neck start burning up. My knees feel like they are gonna give out.Besides those things, this is the most beautiful feeling I have experienced besides giving birth. I sometimes see other sisters fall to their knee's when the pastor prays for them. But when it's my turn I can just feel my body weaken and it's hard for me to stay on my feet. My question is, is this normal? Why do I feel like this? And why do some people fall? How come my body feels so hot especially my head? 

Hi, Melissa, 

I noticed this is your first post, so welcome to Worthy. And you came back to check for a response to your questions last Friday, but no one had seen or answered it yet. I do hope you'll return to see what other posts are now being submitted. I'm not sure I can answer them exactly, but do have some knowledge of this occurring in some church services I've attended in my past. Allow me to explain.  

I highlighted the main feature of your experience, and it indicates you're not the only person who also has this happen to them. In some Holy Spirit filled churches, this is commonly known as being "slain in the Spirit". And all these sensations when you go forward in worship, or have the pastor pray for you are quite common, so don't be overly concerned. You expressed it was a "beautiful feeling" so, I'm assured it is. 

Often when this happens in churches such as these, there are elders in back of those being prayed for, and they will catch your fall, and see you safely to the floor in front of the pulpit. For modesty's purposes, they will also drape a cloth over the lower half of your torso. It's a really nice gesture for women, especially when they are wearing dresses. I'm wondering if the elders of your church are doing this for you.

The allowance for you to remain there for as long as you desire is also usually given during this time you're in prayer. Elders in attendance are helpful in assisting you back on your feet again, and see that you are able to return back to your seat in the pews. If not, they should be. This is only common courtesy, and I've seen it numerous times. Otherwise, it would seem to be a more uncontrolled and chaotic occurrence. 

Now, the other sensations of heat on the back of your neck and forehead, I've not heard any other congregant express this publically. Perhaps there could be some sort of healing going on in the inwardness of your body and soul. I'm curious how many times this has occurred, as it was stated this happens everytime you go forward in worship and/or personal prayer. I wouldn't worry, this is also known as a "soulish experience". 

God bless you!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

P.S.  The overall feeling of body warmth during this time is not a an uncommon experience, however. I hope this answers some of your questions.    

Edited by BeauJangles