Christians and Nordic Runes

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi! So I went to a Renaissance Faire and got a beautiful henna tattoo of the Nordic tune for love, which looks sort of like an infinity sign. I understand that while runes are used as an alphabet, they can also be used for divination, which I know is wrong. However, I just like the reminder of Love and the beautiful design, and I don’t use it for divination or anything of that sort. Kind of like the fact that I wear a Celtic Triskelion that can represent (and does to me) God, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. So,,, thoughts??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/25/2019 at 8:56 PM, RileyLiz said:

Hi! So I went to a Renaissance Faire and got a beautiful henna tattoo of the Nordic tune for love, which looks sort of like an infinity sign. I understand that while runes are used as an alphabet, they can also be used for divination, which I know is wrong. However, I just like the reminder of Love and the beautiful design, and I don’t use it for divination or anything of that sort. Kind of like the fact that I wear a Celtic Triskelion that can represent (and does to me) God, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. So,,, thoughts??

The Occult symbolism is an open door to more occult magic coming in. I personally would stay away from them. If you want a reminder of Love, wear a cross, as there is no greater symbol of Love than that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,531
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thoughts? Well no. No thoughts about your tattooing nor jewelry worn. Might be far more interested in your adventure in learning of our Lord Jesus though. As for myself I have long thought about getting a grafted in tattoo, but haven't ever done it. Now I don't know if there is a spot of flesh without wrinkle left to tattoo on. LOL.

Take care, welcome to WCF, and please as you continue here share of your own journey with our Lord.